Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Least favorite TCG battle???

pokematt999

This is just a little thread to post your worst battle experience. I know mine. I faced a G-dos deck at my league. The guy went threw his whole deck in one turn.Then he seeker'd me and donked my larvitar. So post your battles.

*blah blah blah whine i got donked because i started lone magikarp ahhh whine whine*

OT, Vilegar games are just demoralizing.

Playing during BR with a DonChamp... final round both of us 2-0, he ended up having an SP deck and beat the crud out of me. It was a slow, painful death... ug why did someone have to play SP now?

Probably the game that sticks out in my mind is my Top 8 game at worlds in 2009. It was me with a rogueish build of PalkiaLock (with 2 Weavile G for the win) against a Flygon with Mewtwo X. I had no answer to Mewtwo at the time, and he successfully played mewtwo turn 3 or 4 both games. I had no way to win (he did not play basics after mewtwo X hit the table). We were both of such high skill that I would have wished to play an actual game, but in retrospect, it is my fault for not playing a Mewtwo counter. All of my losses that worlds were due to lack of Mewtwo counters (as I recall). Looking back, the reason for these games being so bad is because I didn't plan enough to predict Mewtwo's popularity.

Last edited:
Starting double Tomb, with 4 energy and a bts in hand, go first pass. My opponent uxies for 3 and draws Donphan, BTS, Fighting, and showed me his hand was all trainers. I got back into it a bit after I drew into Collector, but he went 2/2 on Reversal, so I was never allowed to set up.

Also, outplaying my opponent ten times over, yet he hits 4/4 fainting spell flips when I'm playing AMU, he never put any damage on through Poltergeist, despite calling it for most of the game.

mine was at regionals. i had won the first 3 then i hot a bad hand and got donked. then i played a person that had the same deck and the same thing happened again.

Playing against Mightyena/Skuntank. I drew, passed. He had Poochyena and Skuntank on the field, played BTS, evolved into Mightyena, and Toxic Structure'd. Used Desperate Attack, did 80 damage, KO'd my lone Meditite (league game).

And I haven't been to a tournament yet, so I don't have anything really amazing.

Every game I played against Vilegar. Drawing a card and knowing it's useless and over and over again. Only lost to that agonizing deck. Yes I have a grudge against Vilegar.

Lessee how much I remember of this game...

Grinders Round 1 couple years ago, I'm playing Palkia Lock with Luxray. I play Scizor/Cherrim Round 1, and start:

Luxray
Luxray
Water
Water
Poketurn
Poketurn
Spray

Topdeck:

Spray

After that, I drew more things like Sprays, Waters, Palkia X, Azelf MT, and eventually on the last turn of the game I drew a Premier Ball. I Premier for my only Luxray X annnnnd it's Prized. =/

Then the next game I lost to someone who can apparently fit Machamp (and get it T2), Blissey, 4 Plus Power, and Pachi into Flygon.

I think mine was all my matches at states this year. The morning of the turny, I fell down the stairs in my hotel room and cracked my big toe. I played the whole day with this amazing pain in my toe.

Top 4 of regionals 2010. Playing my good freind I basically have game 3 locked up ready to go to finals against hte same matchup as t4 aginst a worse list/player and I forget to healing breath letting him back into the game.

Back