Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Legend of the Galactic Heroes- An attempt at an SP deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizardian

With the emergence of the new Pokémon SP mechanic introduced in the latest set, people have been trying to make competitve decks out of it, mainly due to all the trainer cards and Poké-Powers that support them. This deck attempts to utulize this cards into a playable deck, it hits hard early on and never lets up and can cause all sorts of problems for your opponent.

Pokémon: 16
2 Dialga G
2 Dialga LV.X G
4 Toxicroak G
4 Weavile G
2 Skuntank G
2 Crobat G

Energy: 15
6 Psychic
5 Metal Energy
4 Multi Energy

Trainers: 29
4 Poke Drawer+
4 Pluspower
4 Poke Turn
4 Energy Gain
3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
3 Galactic HQ
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
2 Looker's Investigation

The Cards:

Pokémon:
Weavile G: Your starter. Gets 2 SPs (So essentialy any card you need, Save Dialga G LV.X), and then next turn can retreat for an attacker, all without attaching any energy. You'll rarely use it's second attack, as the maximum it can do is 60 and you'd have to waste Multi for it, though in an emergency it can work.

Crobat G: Does 10 to any of your opponent's Pokémon, which can be very useful. Not only that it can Poison the Defending Pokémon for Toxicroak, giving it 2 instead of one, which is very useful if you don't have a Stadium in play, which you will find happening quite a bit of times.

Skuntank G: Another good card. It's power can be used like a Pluspower, adding 10 to any of your attack's, and helps Toxicroak a bunch. As a plus if it's forced Active, it can stall for time a little for only 2 colorless. Only 2 are ran however, because with the exception of Poke Drawer+ there is no real way to get Galactic HQ, so you might have to hold it in your hand for awhile.

Toxicroak G: One of the main hitters of the deck, potentially doing 60 for 1 Psychic with energy Gain attached and using Skuntank or Crobat to poison the Defending Pokémon. Not only that, it's Body acts as a Built-In Unown G, meaning this is also the decks response against cards like Machamp.

Dialga G: Very Good card. It's first attack can stall your opponent a little and prevent your opponent from playing counterstadiums for Galactic HQ, which can help you continue to utilize Skuntank and keep your opponent's evos at bay. It's second attack, if combined with Energy Gain and a Pluspower or Poison Structure used on a previous turn, can do a T2 70. Not only that, this card can get you to Dialga G LV.X

Dialga LV.X: Shuts down all non-SP Poké-Bodies, which is huge because there are some popular Bodies that give this deck trouble (Namely Ampharos, Mewtwo LV.X, and Regigigas), not only that, it's attack does 80 damage for 4 (3 if there is Energy Gain) and has the chance to get rid of opponent's energy cards-permanently.

Trainers:

Poké Drawer+: A great search card, as this deck has very weak draw power you're going to need this to get cards you need.

Pluspower: One of the main weaknesses of Pokémon SP is that they don't do a whole lot of damage, this card covers for that, the 10 extra damage really makes a difference in this deck.

Poké Turn: Essentialy a Scoop Up for this deck, as every Pokémon is SP. This can really frusturate an opponent, especiialy if Dialga G LV.X has 10 damage counters on it.

Energy Gain: Very rarely has there been a Pokémon Tool a deck can revolve around, but this card makes the deck usable. It makes you able to do 60 or Toxic Fang for 1, 70 for 2, and 80 for 3. Just unbeleivable.

Cyrus' Conspiracy: Gets you any Supporter, Energy Gain or Poké Turn depending on the situation, and an Energy. A must-have for this deck.

Galactic HQ: Makes your opponent think twice before evolving, and is used for Skuntank's Power.

Roseanne's Research: Can get you any SP (Again, Save Dialga G LV.X) and Energy, very important card for the deck.

Bebe's Search: For getting that card Roseanne and Weavile can't, Dialga G LV.X, though can be used for other purposes, and Cyrus' Conspiracy also makes it affordable to run only 2.

Looker's Investigation: Can be used to refresh your hand if your not getting anything, or can disrupt your opponent if they have their ideal hand.

Energy:

Psychic: Obviously needed, as the majority of Pokémon are Psychic type.

Metal: Needed for Dialga, since he is the only Metal type in the deck less are run.

Multi: Can be used by all Pokémon and is usable due to it being the only Special energy, and can be used by Weavile to attack in an emergency.

Strategy: Start of with Weavile to get Skuntank/Crobat and Toxicroak, then retreat for Toxicroak/Crobat, using Crobat you can Poison T2 (Or t1 if you start with it), then attach a Energy Gain on Toxicroak and start dishing you 70-80 damage early on while Setting up Dialga. Dialga isn't too shabby either, you can stall for a bit and then start dealing out 70 with it's second attack just as quick. Soon you will have multiple Toxicroaks and Dialga's in play, and unless the Defending Pokémon is Regigigas LV.X your opponent's Pokémon should be going down fairly quickly.

I think you really only need 1/1 dialga. It's a tech that isn't used in every matchup, has two retreat, and although pierce is nice, it's just ten damage and doesn't set up your pokemon or gym or skuntank. You do ten, then ten, and then 70 for 3, or you could do the same damage with your Weavile who also got your bench pokemon or honchkrow who got a gym and an invention like spray.

Plus you kind of at least need an Uxie or two for pure consistency. I would -1/1 dialga, -5 metal, -4 drawer, +3 honchkrow, +5 dark, +2 uxie, +1 snowpoint (4 gyms is needed for skuntank)

I think you really only need 1/1 dialga. It's a tech that isn't used in every matchup, has two retreat, and although pierce is nice, it's just ten damage and doesn't set up your pokemon or gym or skuntank. You do ten, then ten, and then 70 for 3, or you could do the same damage with your Weavile who also got your bench pokemon or honchkrow who got a gym and an invention like spray.

Plus you kind of at least need an Uxie or two for pure consistency. I would -1/1 dialga, -5 metal, -4 drawer, +3 honchkrow, +5 dark, +2 uxie, +1 snowpoint (4 gyms is needed for skuntank)

Your ideas are good but I don't really want to take out Drawer...Is there anything else I can take out instead?

Pokedrawer are kind of bad lol. You need two of them to use them effectively, and you have like NO other real draw. No claydol, uxie, anything. Just pokedrawer donk.

Pokedrawer are kind of bad lol. You need two of them to use them effectively, and you have like NO other real draw. No claydol, uxie, anything. Just pokedrawer donk.

Alright, I played around with your suggestions on Redshark a little and it works pretty well, I'll go with it, but instead of snowpoint I think I'll use Moonlight Stadium, in case of Regigigas matchups.

You definately want 4 call energy, weavile G is good but unreliable, and Call will get everything you need out. Max out on those definately.

10 energy fits the bill completely.

all Weavile G decks should run these 20 trainers, without question.

4 Cyrus
4 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
4 Poketurn
4 Roseanne's

Cyrus engine makes the deck good. else it'd be like playing Metanite w/o the holon engine.

Lookers should be replaced with Cynthia's

Dialga should go down to a 2-1 or 1-1 as ryan said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back