Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Legos" Match-ups.

morganb73

I need some match-ups (good and bad) for the deck "Legos." I am play testing my current "Legos" deck, and so far, it is doing great. I do have some problems with Gengar decks, and I need to see there are improvements.

(This might need to go in the "Deck Help and Strategy" section, idk.)

shuppet: you own them with azelf
flygon: dunno
luxyblaze: toxipromo pwnage
kingdra: power lock.

thats all i can think of

It would help a lot if you posted a list. Legos matchups vary a lot depending on what you have in it. Over all, it has about 50/50 matchups against most decks in the format.

What if he doesn't want to give away his list that he spent hours...weeks.. working on? :eek:

Wow, sorry for the long period of not talking. I had projects and school...
I have a Palkia G/ Dialga G deck of Legos. After much discussion about City's and failures of attending many, I will finally get to go to one. I will be using this deck for City's and I haven't seen or heard of many "Legos" decks doing well. Many of which are Gengar and other variants.

Ima getting worried.
I just wanted to know my percentage of success.
I now have more self-confidence and esteem of winning. :D

I would reccomend looking at the article on Legos, as it's quite good.

As for Gengar, if you play it smart, it's near autowin.

Im 11-2 so far in 2 citys with palkia. Only losses to mirror ive played shuppet, glistomb, lady gaga, gengar, plox, and mirror.

lego's is awesome. i agree with darthpika, i think it has a fairly even matchup against most decks. is there reallly anything that counters it?

If you aggressively Power lock your opponent from the outset of a game, regardless of what deck they're playing, you should elevate yourself to a position above them, with back-up ready so that even a "heavy blow" such as a Take Out or an Extreme Attack on something crucial (ie. Palkia G lv. X) doesn't derail you. The primary reason Palkia G wins is because it denies set ups, and if you fail to deny the set up of a deck with hard counters to you, it is likely that you will lose or face an uphill struggle.

For example, straight Machamp is undeniably an unpleasant match-up because you're forced to play Unown G over Energy Gain, just to prevent Take Out from running right through your whole field, and you're still vulnerable to losing prizes on Warp Point/Pokeblower/other switching cards, as well as Relincanth sniping. However, if you Power lock them before they get a Machamp out, and Hydro Shot/Bright Look their Claydol to clear it from the game, you'll likely just be dealing with Machops/Machokes/Uxies etc., and you can build responses to any Machamps that do materialize. Gengar is another deck that can pose trouble, with all of its own disruptive tools (from Pitch Dark all the way to Level Down) combined with Nidoqueen, which, if you let them get it out, will make it nearly impossible to avoid Feinting Spell or abuse Pearl Breath. If you prevent a Gengar swarm backed by constant Maternal Comfort healing, you won't have trouble. KOing Gastly and Haunter is easy.

Just watch out for Luxray GL/Garchomp C, which will often run Sunyshore and negate your Toxicroak G promo response to any Palkia G KOs from Luxray GL.

Back