Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Leicester Battle Royale Report

Donezator

Well, i clearly wasn't very prepared because i made my deck 2 days before the tourny and didn't play test it at all. Oh well... Anyways, here's my report -

Deck played - Kingdra (Dusknoir DP tech) :

Round 1 - Deon Downs (Machamp variant)

Got turn 1 Kingdra both games. Dusknoir helped limit bench and he couldn't get going. I would like to see well done though, because Deon is a player that has been improving well at weekly tournaments over the past few weeks, so well done mate :thumb:

Round 2 - Solid Infernape variant :

It was always going to end bad against a water type deck. However, he fought the first game well and managed to knock out my first Kingdra. Fourtunatley, I had 2 benched :tongue: Round 2, Horsea Rare Candy Kingdra attach game. Simple as that lol.

Next we had a short break. I discussed deaks with Freddy Khan (Well done Freddy for first in Masters!) while eating a Lamb Samosa, then there was the next round.

Round 3 - Blastcatty

It was a good 'Water VS Water' game, though Kingdra pulled infront midway as he ran out of power. Next game, a turn 1 Kingdra really messed up his plan to get out a Blastoise, so with only a Skitty benched, he scooped. Good Blastcatty build, mate :thumb: (If you can, get hold of some Uxie's though :rolleyes:)

Overall, a really good practice session for States in 2 weeks at Leicester (Don't forget to come, people!). Excellent prize support (14 packs :eek:) and my favourite venue in England. Better luck next time Piplup :)

Props -
Winning (My division and overall)
Playing with a deck I threw together 2 days ago
My dad playing Torterra (Only always :rolleyes:)
Ma Bro coming first in Juniors
Excellent Prize Support
Excellent staff (Floris :wink:)

Slops -
No Aydenn :frown:

Thanks for reading, guys, and I hope to see you ALL at Leicester on the 21st for States :wink: Bye Bye for now...

Donezator

good game mate. it's nice to know that kingdra is still alive and kicking. Did you happen to see anybody playing Rampardos?

Afraid not. I'm really not sure whether to expect it or not? BTW will you be coming to States at Leciester?

Donezator

well hopefully, if i can get a ride there or tag along with some people then maybe. i didn't do too well at my first states and i need to redeem myself.

Last edited:
Props on your win Jono, I suggest you consider choosing either Mewtwo, Dialga G X, Palkia G or Dusknoir DP as your secret tech next week in Kingdra if you still decide to run it.

- fK

Back