Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Level Xs in specific packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugia EX

I read somewhere on here that someone got all their Rising Rivals Level Xs from Leafeon and
Houndoom packs, and none from Rotom or Scizor packs. So I was in a store where they had an
unopened RR box, and I bought all 8 Houndoom/Leafeon packs on the right side, since in my
Platinum Box, I got both my Level Xs from the right. I pulled Charon's Choice, Flygon LV X,
and Darkrai G. So is there any truth to this Level Xs only in specific packs thing?

On PokeBeach they are theorizing that it has something to do with the pack's serial number.

There is a set of videos on youtube that clearly shows this guy pull all the super rare cards from those said packs. I had theorized about this because I play naruto and dragonball and they have what we commonly refer to as a "pack trick" and s pattern of what supers are on what side.

me and my friend split a box in left and right side. although i dont remember the exact pack we each had one lvlX, i got right side Infernape LvlX, my friend got Hippodown LvlX. from what i know its always 1 LvlX in each side.

It is possible though that leafeon and houndoom has more chances to contain lvlX most of the LvlX i got was either from leafeon and houndoom i have infernape,luxray, alakazam and flygon (im sure this is from houndoom), floatzel (from leafeon)

I read somewhere on here that someone got all their Rising Rivals Level Xs from Leafeon and
Houndoom packs, and none from Rotom or Scizor packs. So I was in a store where they had an
unopened RR box, and I bought all 8 Houndoom/Leafeon packs on the right side, since in my
Platinum Box, I got both my Level Xs from the right. I pulled Charon's Choice, Flygon LV X,
and Darkrai G. So is there any truth to this Level Xs only in specific packs thing?

what i said was this:

every time the machine which feeds the actual packs to the cards runs out of packs, it has to be reloaded thus creating a new lot. the plastic that makes the packs is on a roll that features each of the 4 different pack fronts one right after another with space for the packs to be cut one from the other in between. i'm sure that each time that machine is refilled with the plastic sleeves, they aren't at the exact same point with the cards on the production line every time. any of the 4 packs could contain the level x's- my point is that when you figure out which pack (pertaining to the picture on the pack, not the order it was in the box), or packs, contain them in the lot you are buying from if you are to go out and buy just that pack from that particular retailer until they have to get more cards, you will be more likely to get the level x because you will most likely be buying from the same lot..

in my case i found them in houndoom and leafeon packs, while a friend of mine who bought from another store has been lucky with houndoom and rotom. it will vary, but once you figure out which packs in the lot you are buying from have most if not all the lv. x's you can avoid buying the others.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe in this, but I will say that every Lv. X & Rotom (not Pikachus, though) has been from a Hounddoom pack. Could just be an odd, small scale distribution error, or a coincidence.

Before DP when i used to buy more boxes, in one of my boxes i opened i found all of my EX's in Raichu packs.

I remember when me and my little brother split an EX:Dragon Frontiers box and he took the right side and I took the left side.

He pulled Gardevoir ex, Salamence ex, and Latios ex, and I got nothing premium card wise

I bought a box and commited to memory that the X's came from the 2nd pack on the right and the 6th pack on the left. We tried this againt with the second box and got Fan Rotom from the 6th pack on the left but nothing substantial from the 2nd pack on the right. We decided afterwords to change it up and ended up pulling Mismagius gl lv X from the second pack on the left and a holo from the 6th pack on the right. When I think about it though, I think I remember all our good cards coming from Scizor packs and Leafeon packs. somebody else try out this system and let me know. to slim it down try the 2nd and 6th packs on both sides. We didn't record the placement of our two Rotom cards or our Pickachu at the time.

tonight i bought 3 packs to try out this theory (only houndoom & leafeon), pulled mow rotom. not too shabby!

in my box i'm getting tomorrow, i'll mark which X's/Rotoms/Pikas came from what packs to see if this is true.

I don't necessarily believe in this, but I will say that every Lv. X & Rotom (not Pikachus, though) has been from a Hounddoom pack. Could just be an odd, small scale distribution error, or a coincidence.

Small scale distribution coincidences, IMO.

My first RR box had Lv. X's in the front two packs. The second one, bought the same day from the same person who had it shipped the same day, had the first Lv. X in the ~8th pack on the left and the second one in the ~3rd to last on the right.

To anyone wondering where this came from, it's from this thread on PokeBeach. It contains 3 vids of someone buying multiple cases and thinking there is a pattern in where the packs are and what contains them. In the 3 vids, he opens brand now sealed boxes and filters all Rotom, Pikachu and LV.Xs from those boxes immediately. Despite it might be random luck, it's worth raising an eyebrow or 2.

If he bought multiple cases he probably figured out some pattern in the collation and used some serial value printed on the box to deduce which pattern each box used.

For comparison, UFS boxes all have a serial number inside the flap that goes over the packs, which could potentially be used in a similar manner.

minor edit: the latest UFS boxes still have said serial numbers

At my Prerelease, Houndoom had Alakazam 4 X. In my booster box, Leafeon had both Alakazam 4 X and Snorlax X.

I have been looking carefully at the videos on youtube and found this on the two videos with visible stacks of packs. The "Secret" seems to rely on the packs on the left side.
L=Lefeon R=Rotom H=Houndoom S=Scizor BOLD=X,Pika or Rotom
Box 1 (left)
(Right)​
HSLRHSLRHSLSLRHSLR
LRHSLRHSLRHRHSLRHS​

Box 2 (left)
(Right)​
HSLRHSLRHSHSLRHSLR
LRHSLRHSLRLRHSLRHS​

After the first one the second one is 2 away. Now put the stacks together. The next is 12 away. The next is 4. The last is 2. So the "secret lies on the first pack on the left side. Any ideas on how to figure out which one?

Last edited:
Left
Pack 2 Red Cheek Pikachu
Pack 7 Alakazam X
Pack 18 Charons Choice

Right
Pack 6 Forst Rotom
Pack 18 Hippowdon X

Out of all the boxes my family has EVER bought, the LV.X's were almost always towards the back of the box. And whenever I get lucky enough to pull a LV.X from a single pack, I've noticed it was towards the back of the box also.

I didn't pay attention to the pack art, though.

Makes sense, though... All the cards come out printed in a certain order, I'd bet. Then the packs come out in a certain order also. That means the rare cards in this batch of packs will line up almost perfectly with certain packs. It's definitely possible they're doing this unintentionally without realizing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back