Life Drain and Darkness Energy

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SteveP, Mar 26, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. Darkness energy (as it know reads) does 10+ damage when attached to an attacking Darkness-type Pokemon, regardless of whether the attack "damages" the defending Pokemon.

Now, if a Darkness-type Pokemon could somehow do a Life Drain attack, and Darkness Energy was attached, wouldn't that be a certain KO (if heads was flipped)?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  2. eauxmar

eauxmar New Member

Darkness doesn't add more damage when you are "placing" damage counters. So no you can not knock out somebody with life drain IF they had a darkness NRG attached and IF they were darkness pokemon.

3. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

And the same goes for Strength Charm too, I guess. Speaking of "placing damage". Does anything add to or reduce this kind of "damage"? Like buffer piece attatched to the defending pokemon or a poke-power that either protects from damage (like Flygon's) or a poke-power that adds damage to the other attacking pokemon (in 2-on-2 play)??

If it is like I think it is... then "put" damage means nothing can alter the damage done until the attack is over.

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

I asked about what type of attack gains the +10 bonus from the new wording on darkness energy a while back. I don't remember getting a reply but then again my memory isn't you know thingy. LOL

there were a variety of options

1) All attacks
    2) Has to be designed to do damage (but may fail)
    3) has to actually do damage.

Life Drain is an effect rather than a 'do damage' so option 1) would be necessary for it to be a KO.

Sings: Memories Da Da daa da dee da dumm...

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=1418

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=3058

So its either 2) or 3) or 4) !

[Advanced Search substitues beautifully for faulty memory ;)]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  5. duanojo

duanojo New Member

You're right, Daddiursa. Also, since Kirlia is not a dark-type Pokemon, it wouldn't get the extra damage from darkness energy anyway, I think.