Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lightning Burner HGSS-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhawk

I will start by saying that, unfortunately, I have not been able to play test this a lot. If you can set it up, I could see this being devastating.

Pokemon 19
4 Stantler UD
3-2-3 Magnezone Prime
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
2 Pachirisu

Trainers 23
3 Engineer's Adjustment
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Judge
3 Twins

Energy 18
9 Lightning
9 Fire Energy

Basically, the idea is to get out a stream of Magnezone Primes and one Typhlosion. The hope is to one Magnezone Prime by turn two for draw power.

Stantler is the preferred starter to get one Magnemite and one Cyndaquil on the bench turn one.

Pachirisu and Typhlosion Prime are for energy acceleration. With those two Pokemon you can lay down 200 damage per turn (50 regular attach, 100 from Pachirisu, 50 from Typhlosion Prime).

The great thing is that the 10 damage from Afterburner can be put onto Pachirisu on the bench. Then you can SSU the Pachirisu next turn to heal.

Typhlosion Prime can also be a great secondary attacker with 70 damage and a disruptive energy discard.

The Stantler WILL be KO'd and you WILL go down on prizes early. The idea is that Magnezone Prime will then take 2 prizes a piece.

The Engineer's Adjustments can be used with Typhlosion for an early game draw engine. Also, the Stantler should have a Fire Energy on it when it gets KO'd.

They key to this deck is energy management, just like the MagneRock deck. There are 18 energies, enough to KO 6 Pokemon with over 100 hp through Lost Burn.

What do y'all think?

I think its excellent. You might want to experiment with lowering the energy count as you have a secondary attacker. And put in some hand lightening cards to get rid of the setup stuff later. Something like
-1 Fire
-1 Electric
-2 Twins
-1 SSU
+2 Seeker
+3 Junk Arms

Magnezone sends the energys to the lost zone not the discard. I think Typhlosion is a waste

With Engineers and Junk Arm you have an effective means of routing energy through the discard pile to accelerate energy attachments. Maybe if you don't understand a deck concept, you could ask questions instead of offering a negative, uninformed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back