Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Londonderry tourney report

FREZZA

Me, my family, and gino wake up around 8:00 and get ready to go to the new hampshire tourney at the game castle. we get there around 10:15 and register for the tourney. we meet up with the Jones and Con, our usual crew. today there were over 40 people in the masters so that ment we would have a top 8.

the dack i ran was machamp, weavile, and palkia.
the list will not be posted since i am still using it.
antways:

round 1:
ben with feraligatr and weavile
he flips over sneasle and i flip over machop. he goes first and get turn 1 machamp.
1-0

round 2:
patty with magkiss
we both get good starts. she gets turn 2 magmortar and i got turn 3 machamp. the only thing she couldn't come back from was the fact that with machamp x and a special dark while i had weavile out, i was able to knock out all her magmortars in one shot.
2-0

we had a lunch break, so we grab some pizza and i notice that me, jon, con, and gino are all undefeated, so i new we would eventally play eachother.

round 3:
dana with tyranitar
he flips over sableye so he goes first no matter what. he does impersonate and passes. i go next and get turn 1 machamp for the win.
3-0

round 4:
tiffany with bellosum
i get off to a shaky start with baltoy and she has oddish start. through a bunch off pokedex and pokedrawers and get the machamp and palkia to kill one of the oddishes. she attack with bellosum. i level up and knock out her bellosum with one energy. i did this until she knocked him out, then i premier balled and leveled up to knock out the rest of her bench.
4-0

round 5:
sean with regigigas
i finally got the matchup i wanted. he gets the gigas x out by giving me a free prize. i knock out the x and he didn't have enough time to get another one set up because as soon as he put regigigas down i palkia it out and knock it out.
5-0

round 6:
hannan with gengar
this was where the weavile came in handy. i got it out turn 2 with the machamp so i knock out everything quickly so he couldn't set up. i killed everthing around his gangar until he was the only thing left.
6-0

the top 8 were:
1. alex frezza
2. hannan rosenthaal
3. andrew cox
4. con le
5. gino lombardi
6. jon frezza
7. patty lawson
8. sean burten

round 1
sean with gigas
game one i got out 2 machamps and knocked out all the basics he had.

game 2:
i udes the same strategy as the first game and this time i killed all the uxies so that e could not get the level x out and one shot machamp x.
7-0

top 4:
alex frezza
patty lawson
jon frezza
gino lombardi

round 2:
gino with machamp palkia
he gets a really good set up but since i knocked out his palika first, he couldn't get easy prizes like i could. at the end of the game he needs 3 heads to win and he only gets 1. so i get the last prize card.

game 2.
i get god start. t1 machamp, t2 palkia machamp and weavile. i start taking prizes quickly. he knew he was fighting a losing battle so he scoops.
8-0

top 2:
alex frezza
jon frezza

round 3:
jon with obamasnow
i get t1 machamp and win

game 2:
i get bad set up and lose.

game 3: he gets early mesprit lock for 4 turns and beats me bad set up.
8-1

props:
top 8
great judging
undefeated in swiss
me and my brother are top 2

slops:
there were none.

Congratulations on the win in NH Alex!! Tough top 2 opponent there! :wink:

Glad to hear no slops for our NH tournament! :thumb:

Back