Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Looking for intrest in Lake County IL area

trunks60031

I'm looking right now for a show of people who are intrested in getting a league started in the lake county IL area. If I can find a place for us to play how many people would be willing to play in this area? I have a few people thinking about letting us play, but they want to know about intrest. So if you are willing to play here we may be able to get something going. Let me know

um, d00d, there's plenty of interest. Give this topic about a week before you give up on it. Most of us in the area really aren't on all that often. If you're not concerned with driving distances, try the league in Cary, IL, which is near the Lake/McHenry border. Otherwise, just set up a league, advertise it wherever you can, and hope for the best.

Aight, but I need the intrest before I can do anything otherwise I can't get the stores to let me do it. I also would like to do the prof test first

I can't get anything there until i get something set up, there is nothing there to begin with, there is like ZERO pokemon activity in this area

yes but people will come from Wisconsin and illinois. Niles and Rockford are the closest places for Northeast IL players . and Wisconsin players come from Green Bay soemtimes to Niles IL which is south of Six Flags

no i totally agree. but before I can get a pre release i need a tournament organizer and a place to play, and in order for me to get that I need some intrest so I can get a place to play. shoot I'd do it at my house if I could

hmm... that mall is crap now... all thats really there are abercrombieish stores (clothing stores) there are no card shops there. I know a card store owner and I'm going to talk to him but hes not going to be back in town until tuesday

who would I contact (not a name but aposition) In order to get that done? I mean I can't just bring a ton of people in there and say ok we're taking over the food court (although that would be way cool) and don't I have to become a professor? I can't do that until Aug 3 ( I failed... haha I thought it was some blow off thing so i did like 4 questions and hit submit) so much stuf... I really need to learn more :) I would love to get a pre release here so I don't have to go to New Berlin WI for theirs

well become a proffesor than worry about running tourneys and leagues.

P.S. There is a Unseen Forces pre in Niles IL On either the 13th or 14h. closer than the Wisconsin border. and also there is one in Rockford.

Last edited:
Oh man Rockford... WHAT A DRIVE I looked at that one and its like 2 hours from my house... I almost fell out of my chair.. I'll have to check the one out in Niles. Do you know if Cary is having one?

Get a hold of Alan at Pastimes in Niles. It is a huge store and he will let you set up a league right away (I'm pretty sure because he has been looking for someone to run a league for awhile). Just show up every Saturday (or what ever day you and he work out) and wait for the people, of course you'll have to get the word out. You won't need a pryor commitment from alot of people that way. I know it's not exactly Lake County but it isn't that far off. I can say almost for sure that you won't be able to get a prerelese (basically PTO status) because they don't want to have any PTO's with in an hours drive of each other. BTW who are you? Have you been to any of my or Alan's events before?

I'm Ryan I haven't been apart of ANYTHING, haven't played in a league since 98 and I just wanna get more involved, I'm tired of battling myself and my brothers. We just want somewhere to go thats not an hour away and that we can have fun,. what is the address of pastimes.

Back