Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lostgar - Palkia G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHoKoLaTeRuM

I see quite a few of these around, but I decided that I may as well put mine up and see if it need improvement from others standpoints or for other to look at and get their own ideas/help with their own decks.

Here's the line up:

4-2-3-1 (Gastly SF - Haunter TM - Gengar Prime - Lv.X )
1 - 1 Palkia G (lv X)
1 Mr. Mime (CL)
3 Spiritomb (AR)
1 Spiritomb (TM)
1 Azelf (LA)
2 Uxie (LA)

(Stadiums)
1 Broken Time-Space
3 Lost World
(Supporters)
4 Seeker
2 Looker's investigation
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Twins
2 Lucian's Assignment
(Trainers)
1 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Rare candy

10 Psychic energy
2 Rescue energy

Strategy:

As always with a Lostgar deck the point is to get Gengar out as quickly as possible and start putting Pokemon into your opponents lost zone. Then, play down/use Lost world, and declare yourself the victor. The difference between decks is how you get those Pokemon into the lost zone.

My idea is to get Gengar out as fast as possible as well, play Mr. Mine so I can look at my opponents hand (Do they have any Pokemon? If not, can I Seeker them, or play Lookers and make them shuffle?). The best start would be with Spiritomb from AR, that way I trainer lock (I don't use a whole lot of trainers for this reason) and can get my Gengar out quick. The other Spiritomb from TM is there so I can make my opponent shuffle their hand as another way of the Looker's strategy. Uxie is there of course for Support, and Azelf encase a card I need is in my prize cards.

The Supporters, trainers, and Stadiums are more or less basics that you have in all decks. Although, Seeker is helpful for getting Pokemon into the opponents hand; If I don't have a Seeker, but see that my opponent has no Pokemon in their hand (Thanks to Mr. Mime) I can play Lookers and hope they draw some from that. Cryru's Conspiracy is there so I can get the energy I need and also the supporters that are helpful. Finally Lucian's. This is encase they happen to almost KO my Gengar, with this I can spread the energy that I have on him to the rest of my Pokemon (or another awaiting Gengar) before he's KO'd so I'm not left with a whole bunch of eneries in the discard. I can then use the second one to get the energy back onto the (rescued) Gengar if I need to. (Yes, this is a one time thing, but I probably wont need it twice)

The energies are pretty simple as well, Rescue would be attached to Gengar and Palkia G LV X, that way I would be able to get them back down quickly and not worry about having them in my discard.

Other things I was thinking about:

+ Adding in water energy to attack with Palkia - I was thinking about this, but decided against it, Palkia G takes a lot of energy to attack and I'm mainly focusing on Gengar, I may not have time to power Palkia up.

+ Add in Mime Jr. From CL - It's Sleepy Lost attack is actually very helpful for this deck, and a person with average to good luck may actually be able to get a Pokemon in the lost zone with this, or screw the opponent over by lost zoning an important tech card? The other is if you're lucky enough to have it stay asleep on you opponents turn, you have a wall. I decided against it mostly because it only has thirty HP and just about anything you opponent has could kick it's butt. (Plus Dialga G is around the corner waiting to eat it up ._. Dialga doesn't care if it's asleep)

In conclusion

This is my deck in a nut shell. I would love for other peoples (helpful) opinions to see if it needs to be any better. Feel free to take a look, and take from the idea and make it your own, but I do think that this would be quite basic. Thank you for taking the time to look.

I'd add a couple Devoluters to help with the Gyarados match up. If you put 4 dmg on a dos and devolute it with gen prime the karp gets sent to the lost zone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back