1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball

Energy: 13
7 Psychic
4 Warp
3 Rescue

Very rough list.
The goal is not to take 6 prizes; who does that? The goal of the deck is to get 6 pokemon in the lost zone using the first attack of Gengar Prime, sending pokemon in your opponents hand to the lost zone, equal to the number of energies attached to Gengar Prime. After you get rid of 6 of their pokemon, play Lost World to win.

Gengar (Prime) – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

:pbody: Catastrophe
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, if an opponent’s Pokemon is Knocked Out, that Pokemon is placed in the Lost Zone. (All cards other than Pokemon cards are discarded.)

:psychic: Plunge Into Darkness: Look at your opponent’s hand, choose a number of Pokemon up to the number of Psychic Energy attached to this Pokemon, and place them in the Lost Zone.
:psychic::colorless: Cursed Droplets: Place 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 0

Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone.

You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

Hunter - Supporter
Each player returns 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand. You return your cards first.
You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Twins
Supporter
You can only use this card when you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent.
Put any 2 cards from your deck into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Rescue Energy
Special Energy
This card provides 1 unit of Colorless Energy.
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an attack, return that Pokemon to your hand. (All cards other than Pokemon cards are discarded.)

Last edited:
In my opinion, you should use Smeargle UD over Uxie. After all, it calls for better start, and still let's you play hunters when KO'd. It also let's you see your opponents hand so you can choose your attacks wisely.

In my opinion, you should use Smeargle UD over Uxie. After all, it calls for better start, and still let's you play hunters when KO'd. It also let's you see your opponents hand so you can choose your attacks wisely.

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. When I pick up another Smeargle I'll test it out.

Ever thought about Dusknoir X with this guy? Once he dies, send up Gengar Prime and let the spread lost zone your opponent's entire field...

You could try mewgar. same thing only add 4 mew prime. then use mew primes first attack to lost zone one of your gengar then mew can use gengars attack. plus its basic so it is a lot faster. and you can totally cut the ghastly and haunter

But Mew gets run through by Luxray X and a million other things and is vulnerable while Reading and Placing... At least you have to work to KO Gengar...

You could try mewgar. same thing only add 4 mew prime. then use mew primes first attack to lost zone one of your gengar then mew can use gengars attack. plus its basic so it is a lot faster. and you can totally cut the ghastly and haunter

Eh. I'm not really a fan, honestly. Due to the following statement:
But Mew gets run through by Luxray X and a million other things and is vulnerable while Reading and Placing... At least you have to work to KO Gengar...

maybe you could run both? use mew early on to start lost zoning while building a gengar on the bench?

I had run 1 Mew Prime in my original build, but it got boring really fast.

2 Prime and 1 SF to at least spread. Dusknoir would be a little slow. Mew Prime just one is a nice tech once youve used Gengars attack a few times,but i still think this deck needs Vileplume to be the big competitor.

2 Prime and 1 SF to at least spread. Dusknoir would be a little slow. Mew Prime just one is a nice tech once youve used Gengars attack a few times,but i still think this deck needs Vileplume to be the big competitor.

I tried Vileplume, but it was too slow, the 2-2-2 line taking up 6 slots and risking the Oddish start.

XYZ, LostGar never wants to take a Prize. Ever. Plunge into Darkness lets you get Pokémon Lost Zone-d without K.O.ing them, and then you drop Lost World to win. Since you aren't reliant on taking prizes, Twins is only dead in the mirror.

With that in mind, Solemn, is 2x Gengar SF really that helpful? Fainting Spell/Shadow Room/Poltergeist are great, but not in a deck that doesn't want to take a prize, I wouldn't think. Maybe just going straight Gengar Prime or 3 Prime 1 Lv.X would be better?

XYZ, LostGar never wants to take a Prize. Ever. Plunge into Darkness lets you get Pokémon Lost Zone-d without K.O.ing them, and then you drop Lost World to win. Since you aren't reliant on taking prizes, Twins is only dead in the mirror.

With that in mind, Solemn, is 2x Gengar SF really that helpful? Fainting Spell/Shadow Room/Poltergeist are great, but not in a deck that doesn't want to take a prize, I wouldn't think. Maybe just going straight Gengar Prime or 3 Prime 1 Lv.X would be better?

Not really even a reason to run the LV.X to be honest. It shuffles their X back into their deck and you really need it to be in their hand. Just a 4-2-3 all Primes is plenty.

So when you start taking prizes, and win the exchange (or flip heads on fainting spell) 2-4 cards in your deck become dead cards.

good gerb

Gengar (Prime) – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter Poke-Body: Catastrophe
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, if an opponent’s Pokemon is Knocked Out, that Pokemon is placed in the Lost Zone. (All cards other than Pokemon cards are discarded.)
[P] Plunge Into Darkness: Look at your opponent’s hand, choose a number of Pokemon up to the number of Psychic Energy attached to this Pokemon, and place them in the Lost Zone.
[P][C] Cursed Droplets: Place 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 0

Why would you ever want to take a prize. It goes against the very principle of the deck.

So many variants it's annoying...the saddest part is that assuming we get the stadium, it'll pry be good enough running just Gengar and maxed out Hunters with vs seeker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back