Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Low quality Deoyxys cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Leod

I've seen a fair amount of chatter from people who attended the Deoxys prereleases about the poor quality of the cards they got. Since I usually buy a box of each new release, I'm wondering if I should wait a while. Wait until the distribution channels clear the first batch and wait for the second.

Anyone know if they're printing multiple runs of the cards or is each set simply printed once and when they're gone they're gone?

At Casselberry last Saturday it looked like there really weren't any issues at all with the holos anymore.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I totally agree with you. You should wait. My cards from the prerelease should have been mint but they have scratches, slight bends, etc.

Kevin

A lot of my AH and RH cards came out scratched. I think we should all send emails or whatever to Nintendo or something. I don't spend my money for crappy, scratched cards. This is bull.

Call me crazy but is this only happening in the North East? it seems the ones having the problems with unmint cards is from all around the NE parts of the U.S.

I mean I know I havent had any problems with unmint cards and whatnot but it just seems to me this is happening in that 1 area.

I just opened a box today and had no problems at all with the holo or RH. I too got messed up holos at the pre but they must have fixed them.

Last edited:
Casselberry prerelease winner here. Most of my holos from prize packs were scratched or bent in someway, I'd wait a few weeks before buying some packs/boxes.

Bullet said:
Call me crazy but is this only happening in the North East? it seems the ones having the problems with unmint cards is from all around the NE parts of the U.S.

I mean I know I havent had any problems with unmint cards and whatnot but it just seems to me this is happening in that 1 area.

No - I had many players come up to me at the Chattanooga and the Sevierville pre-release with spotty holos, scratches, etc. It was a bad print run plain and simple. My suggestion to teh players was to take it up with Nintendo.

Memphis/St. Louis had their share of problems too!

I had a kid shuffle his deck (unsleeved) and came up to me with a Reverse Holo card that the foil just fell right off! Meteor Stadium! WE got him a new one (non RH) to use in his deck and keep and he was cool with that, but one shuffle, and POOF!!!

Gotta love 'em all!

M45

hit and miss.

I've opened two boxes. One was fine (only 1 bad foil). The other was a mess (about one-third were bad foils--both reverse and regular foils).

supertyranitar said:
Well, its not right yes, but what can you do besides send an email.

I think this is the best post to reply to -

I have been told the following from the Nintendo Call Center Manager (they are responsible for consumer service):

NoA said:
If anyone has a card from the Deoxys set that they have a problem with
they can call our Consumer Service phone number (1-800-255-3700) and
the rep there can direct them on how to get the problem resolved.

He gave this in response to my request, which was:

Brian said:
I just wanted to ask, for myself but much more for my trading card
friends - what is the proper avenue to take (email, telephone) to
report and request replacement of badly-printed cards that are being found in
record numbers in the newly-released EX: Deoxys set?

I am looking for the proper contact that I can post publicly on the fan
site www.pokegym.net, and that I can pass on to my League members, for
them to seek redress.

Hope this helps!

Great. What a pain in the butt. Guess what? That phone number only works for those who live in the US. Doesn't work for us Canadians, or for people in other countries for that matter. Thanks for your help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back