Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lucario Combo

Empoleon is by far the best choice, and is an even better choice with Magmortar getting popular.
Magmortar? Geeze, that is a bad card that is way overrated. I'll explain why shortly. Why Mag + Lucario? Magmortar has a somewhat useful Poke-Body, making playing Cessation Crystal a fairly bad choice. Also, his attack does 20 x :fire:, not any energy. Since both use different types, this kills his main attack. Three energy for 40 damage is pathetic, and the 10 and 10 sniping ability is equally sad. It just doesn't work. There is barely any synergy here. Now for Empoleon. Again, the Pokemon use different energy types, hurting them. But unlike Mag, this guy can make a half decent attempt at abusing DRE. Too bad the -10 damage from DRE affects both damage done to the active Pokemon as well as damage hitting benched Pokemon. So now we can't really use DRE, and each guy requires two of a specific energy. I just don't think these are the solution.

Last edited:
he is saying that empoleon and lucario is even better choice because Magmortar getting popular.

plz .... take some time to read over what u read...

he is saying that empoleon and lucario is even better choice because Magmortar getting popular.

plz .... take some time to read over what u read...
Oops. I just wanted to dis Magmortar so bad, I forgot to comprehend my reading! But still, I don't really like Empoleon as his partner for the reasons that I described. Anyway, Magmortar should never be played with Lucario (or really any other card) since it is not energy efficient.

Magmortar? Geeze, that is a bad card that is way overrated. I'll explain why shortly. Why Mag + Lucario? Magmortar has a somewhat useful Poke-Body, making playing Cessation Crystal a fairly bad choice. Also, his attack does 10 x :fire:, not any energy. Since both use different types, this kills his main attack. Three energy for 40 damage is pathetic, and the 10 and 10 sniping ability is equally sad. It just doesn't work. There is barely any synergy here. Now for Empoleon. Again, the Pokemon use different energy types, hurting them. But unlike Mag, this guy can make a half decent attempt at abusing DRE. Too bad the -10 damage from DRE affects both damage done to the active Pokemon as well as damage hitting benched Pokemon. So now we can't really use DRE, and each guy requires two of a specific energy. I just don't think these are the solution.

10x fire energy?? it does 20x the fire energy,so you dont need DRE and then it would only take 10 off one of that so it would be odd numbers like 10-30-50. So 40 and doing 20 to the bench is the same as Cario,but they dont belong together,but Magmortar is overrated,its not even used much.

It has potential.

Magmortar overrated. It has 110 hp on a stage one, the ability to heal itself every time you attach which, by the way, works well with his first attack. He has an attack that spreads more than butter on toast, and allows him to srtup KO's for when you inevitably try to steamroll your opponent. He also has a bacis with 70 hp, meaning survivability is probable, and did I mention he has a Lv X which ALSO slams the bench?
Overrated you say? I'd say its rated properly enough.

whatever you do, don't play it with empoleon, they are 2 different ball games.

i'm currenly thinking about a new combo for him, i'm thinking ray ex d atm, with absol ex. could be cool.

i liked it with shiftry ex cg, that worked a charm

I've been playing Lucario with Shiftry Ex (GC) as well. Absol ex, Super Scoop Up, TSD/Night Maintenence, and a nice stable trainer setup gives you a nice mix of beatdown and strategy.

Ya, Shiftry ex WOULD be a better partner than Empoleon if it wasnt x2 week to fighting, AND an ex.

Right now Empoleon is the best.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Lordofflareons, Empocario is FAR more consistant than Mario. Heck, it dosn't even need to get an Empoleon to win. What makes it so much better than Mario is that Prinplup is a St1 that is amazeing, AND it evolves into a 130hp. tank that has a Lv.x that can snipe anyone for 80.

Last edited:
^100% agreed. The only thing that stops empolcario from bieng 100% superior to mario is the two different energy types, thus it is only 99.782% superior.

Back