Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ludicargo (need help before citys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys I need help I thought my list was good but i went to a prerelease yesterday and got trashed aganist two metanite decks while I was on my break, I still managed to take 3 prizes in both games, but never had control of the situation. Okay Heres my list:

Pokemon: 21
4 Lotad DX (surprise)
2 Lombre DX (natural cure)
3 Ludicolo DX (swing dance)
1 Ludicolo d
2 Slugma UF (yawn)
2 Macargo DX (smooth over)
4 Jirachi DX (wishing star)
2 Diglet CG
2 Dugtrio CG
1 Aipom UF (snappy draw)

Trainers:26
4 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
1 Copycat
4 Battle Frontier
3 Holon Transcievr
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Farmer
1 Protective Orb
1 Mr. Briney's Compassion
1 Switch
2 Windstorm
(forgot the other 2 will edit it tommorow)

Energys:13
4 Water
3 DRE
2 Heal Energy
2 Holon's Castform
2 Scarmble Energy

DragoniteMaster said:
Okay guys I need help I thought my list was good but i went to a prerelease yesterday and got trashed aganist two metanite decks while I was on my break, I still managed to take 3 prizes in both games, but never had control of the situation. Okay Heres my list:

Pokemon: 21
4 Lotad DX (surprise)
2 Lombre DX (natural cure)
3 Ludicolo DX (swing dance)
1 Ludicolo d
2 Slugma UF (yawn)
2 Macargo DX (smooth over)
4 Jirachi DX (wishing star)
2 Diglet CG
2 Dugtrio CG
1 Aipom UF (snappy draw)

Trainers:26
4 Celio's Network
3 Rare Candy
1 Copycat
4 Battle Frontier
3 Holon Transcievr
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Farmer
1 Protective Orb
1 Switch
2 Windstorm
(forgot the other 2 will edit it tommorow)

Energys:13
4 Water
3 DRE
2 Heal Energy
2 Holon's Castform
2 Scarmble Energy

Your energy is too low, and you shouldn't play H's Castform in Ludi. Aipom is useless, that's why you have Jirachi. I also don't think the Dugtrio is that useful, and a 3-3 Magcargo is much more beneficial. Your trainers are also rather unfocused, when running a Holon Engine, it's rather silly not to max out the transceiver. A good engine would be 4 Trans 2 Ment 2 Adv 1 Sci 1 Farm

Deffinitly cut Aipom. 3-3 Magcargo. Think about cutting Dugtrio. Remove Switch for Warp Point. Add 1 DRE and a Holon WP. Remove Holon's Castform for 1 WP and a 5th Water. Change "Yawn" Slugma to "Collect" Slugma.

Pokemon: 22
4 Lotad
2 Lombre
4 Ludi (3 Swing 1 CG)
3 Slugma (Collect)
3 Magcargo DX
4 Jirachi DX
1-1 Tech of your choice. (or remove for more trainers)

NRG: 15
5 Water
2 Holon WP
4 DRE
2 Heal
2 Scramble

Trainers: 23
4 Celio's
4 BF
3 Rare Candy
1 Copycat
3 Holon Transcievr
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Farmer
1 Warp Point
2 Windstorm

Maybe remove the Warp Point for a 2nd Briney...
Anyway, GL with the deck!

Sandslash7 said:
Deffinitly cut Aipom. 3-3 Magcargo. Think about cutting Dugtrio. Remove Switch for Warp Point. Add 1 DRE and a Holon WP. Remove Holon's Castform for 1 WP and a 5th Water. Change "Yawn" Slugma to "Collect" Slugma.

Pokemon: 22
4 Lotad
2 Lombre
4 Ludi (3 Swing 1 CG)
3 Slugma (Collect)
3 Magcargo DX
4 Jirachi DX
1-1 Tech of your choice. (or remove for more trainers)

NRG: 15
5 Water
2 Holon WP
4 DRE
2 Heal
2 Scramble

Trainers: 23
4 Celio's
4 BF
3 Rare Candy
1 Copycat
3 Holon Transcievr
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Farmer
1 Warp Point
2 Windstorm

Maybe remove the Warp Point for a 2nd Briney...
Anyway, GL with the deck!

Better; although I prefer the 6th water over the 4th DRE. Make sure the Lotad and Lombre are the ones with Aqua Lift, and the trainer engine should include a 4th transceiver and 2 adventurer. You're also forgetting Pokemon Tools.

DarkJake said:
Better; although I prefer the 6th water over the 4th DRE. Make sure the Lotad and Lombre are the ones with Aqua Lift, and the trainer engine should include a 4th transceiver and 2 adventurer. You're also forgetting Pokemon Tools.

I'd have put a 4th Transciever and some Protective orbs, but there is not enough room... even if he cut the 1-1 tech, that would only give him 1 Orb or Adventurer along with the Transceiver.

Alright thanks for the advice but none of them give me a way to fight metanite and the idea with the holon adventurer just dosnt fit my deck first because i have no delta and to discard something isnt very good when almost every card i have is valuable to the decks startegy.

DragoniteMaster said:
Alright thanks for the advice but none of them give me a way to fight metanite and the idea with the holon adventurer just dosnt fit my deck first because i have no delta and to discard something isnt very good when almost every card i have is valuable to the decks startegy.

Not true, Adventurer works wonders in Ludi.

To combat the lightning weakness, use Rayquaza δ.

You have to accept the autoloss to Metanite. Ludicargo cannot beat Metanite, period. It's a matchup that I'd simply ignore for this deck, cuz you can't beat the deck with this thing.

I play a somewhat speedier list that peeters out a little bit in the late game...

Pokemon (19):
3 Plusle or Tauros
4 Lotad
2 Lombre
4 Ludiculo (all DX)
3 Slugma
3 Magcargo (2 DX, 1 UF)

Trainers (26):
4 Transceiver
2 Mentor
1 Farmer
1 Scientist
4 Celio
3 TV Reporter or Holon Adventurer
1 Copycat or POR
1 Briney
3 Rare Candy
6 (combination of BF and Windstorm, the actual mix is somewhat unknown at this point)

Energy (15):
3/4 DRE
1 Heal
1 WP
2 Scramble
6/5 Water

This list usually gets me my first LC on turn 2, and the second on turn 3. I don't particularly like Jirachi for this deck, cuz you need Basics, and you need them fast. The TecH Energy I take as just that: TecH. I see no need for more than 1 Heal Energy, nor for more than 1 WP. That leaves more room for the Basics that are necessary for the deck to function properly.

if you have problems with the metanite matchup. Try adding in a line or 2 or the new dewgong d which can pretty much be splashed in any deck against the delta stuff. w/ dewgong and dugtrio out at the same time you pretty much are set against the raieggs match up too.

Ludi d just OHKOs a Meta so its just KOED next turn. It gives you a prize and gives them a prize, it makes no difference most times (speaking about metanite, not banette). With Ray they need to discard 4 energys to OHKO a full Ludi, so they wont.

coolmanderzx said:
if you have problems with the metanite matchup. Try adding in a line or 2 or the new dewgong d which can pretty much be splashed in any deck against the delta stuff. w/ dewgong and dugtrio out at the same time you pretty much are set against the raieggs match up too.

That might actually be a good idea considering you already play the water energy. Although I dunno how you'd fit in Gong and Trio.

Ok i got it the new arbok from df which could do 160 to a metagross (without the metals) , but im also thinking of just accepting the loss to metanite and just worry about other decks.

dewgong d is weak to lightning... that won't work against metanite.

and wow that arbok looks very interesting... OHKO metagross with a DRE... i'll try it xD

ok pal if anybody can help with this i think i know the guy. ;)

drop the delta ludi,cut ur dugtrio line to a 1-1,drop the orb,one holon castform/5 cards

add warp point,strength charm/solid rage,a 4th DRE,castaway/scott,and one more heal energy./5 cards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

if metanite is your bad game run 4 plusle and 4 multi energy and drop the holon engine (keep farmer though) and play scott/castaway to pull it when needed.

i hope these changes help and please don't ridicule my advice if you disagree with me because i have played ludi for over 2 years and taken it to worlds twice. thx and gl.

-spaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back