Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ludicolo

thethirdckelly1

I think he's good, but apparently no one else does. The pokebody's amazing and his attack makes it realy easy to do 80 for three and sometimes 60 and confusion.

The only drawback I see is low HP, but he gets around it with the amazing pokebody.

Am I the only one who sees potential?

Not really, he's quite inferior to the old DX Ludicolo. And there are better water Pokemon in this format to use.

I see potential in this card. Not at the moment though, but if used with potion and buffer piece it could be hard to take down.

The low hp is really the only problem. Its body could be better, but I do see potential with this card.

Its ok. I would say barrier and a ray can OHKO it. Other than that,yea play it with potions/buffers and the CG one as a tech(i mean hand disruption isnt bad) If you do that then you could use Mars and Wadger so the deck could work.

Oh my, Magmortar counter. Like, a water type seriously able to counter Magmortar (does enough damage to OHKO it, and wants Battle Frontier in play, as opposed to Empoleon whom can't OHKO Magmortar and is thus capable of being recovered against).

Oh my, able to be immune to Lucario (should there not be stupid Cessation Crystals in play)

Oh my, wants to strangle Latios and Latias duo. (as does his best friend, Mantine)

Hm. Needs to be tested against Nidoqueen decks and Gallade decks, me thinks, but actually looks decent if only for the water type 80 damage being so very easy to get out. Just needs a friend whom can scare Blissey and other big pokemon away.

The body isn't very good. It doesn't change any significant 2HKO into a 3HKO. Only if you give him 2 Buffer Pieces in 2 turns, he gets some notable stops (Mainly double 70 hits wont KO him). Had he had 120 HP, he could survive a double Gardevoir blow or something.
The attack is interesting but relies a bit much on windstorms and such, or rather, the absence of said windstorms.

The body doesn't matter for how many shots it takes 2 hit KO it. As you've observed, nothing's reduced enough via the body to block 2 hit KOs. That's not what the Body's intended to do. It matters for decks such as Lucario, Magmortar, Empoleon, and Ampharos decks, that want damage spread around in order to be most effective. Lucario's snipe for 20 to the bench? That's 10 off while your turn starts, and 10 off while your opponent's turn starts. They just did nothing to the benched Ludicolo. If your bench is only Ludicolos then this is an amazing advantage (if you have anything else such as Lotad or Mantine, they have a viable snipe target, and you've just lost your advantage).
Attack is easy to pull off since we still have Scott in the format. DP on will see Ludicolo lose a LOT of power (unless we get something to search out stadiums), but in the meantime, it's plenty viable.

That is why it has potential. Best deck in the format? Likely not. Capable of countering some decks in the format? Very easilly. Capable of countering most decks in the format? That's questionable. It fails against Kricketune, Bannette, Blissey, etc. for instance. (you're even on prize exchange against Krickets, and will need some way to load energies onto the Ludis to come ahead. Don't say Blastoise, as this clogs the deck up.)

Back