2 virbank gym
3 switch
1 escape rope
4 ultra ball
2 colress

5 fighting
4 plasma
4 double colorless

The idea is to start with landy and either hit 3p or 60 if the laser gym hits. Lugia is a 2nd to 3rd trun hitter to clean out prizes and tornadus bouffalent are there as big backup.

Issue is consistency because Icant get.the set up well. I would like to. Get help with a better draw . Hope. Someone can help me out

I've been play testing a similar deck, Registeel EX/ Lugia EX, since it can spread 30 to 3 pokemon.

Yeah, yeah, yeah 3 energy to 1 energy is bad. DCE saves that though and a lunatone with ether.

You should get the Pokedex/Lunatone combo in here, you would be able to set up pokemon a bit faster.

Here's my input:
-3 Tornadus EX
-4 Lasers (poison knockout doesn't trigger Lugia's ability)
-2 Virbank
-1 Escape rope
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Skyla
-1 Juniper (don't want to discard too much since you don't run sup rod)
-1 DCE
-1 Lugia EX (Not enough plasma energy to run 3, considering you're gonna colress machine onto 1 lugia as many times as needed for the KO)

+Scramble Switch/Dowsing Machine/ Comp Search
+3 Pokedex
+3 Ether
+3 Lunatone
+2 Heavy Ball
+3 Fighting

With Pokedex you can set up your next draw so you can top deck a supporter, etc.
Also, ether because sometimes setting up that Lugia can be difficult.

thanks for the updates. I gotta try this out. I have seen lunatones in big basics before so ill see how it goes. I know after may this deck can be built better because of all the new plasma cards but for now this may work well.

hi there, i think ur deck is too slow,
the best way to use lugia
is playing
- Lugia (PLASMA) -> The Killer
- Snorlax (PLASMA) -> The Tank + Nice DMG
- Tornadus-EX (maybe?)
- Giratina (PLASMA) -> Mewtwo Counter, and nice dmg

playing ASPERTIA CITY GYM as Stadium, its better to you and also counter virbanks...
use 3 colress machine for fast energy...
use SCRAMBLE SWITCH , u cant forget it...
use 4 double, 4 plasma and 4 psychic energy

and when starts the game, you say . . . GG :) glhf k k k kk k

Im trying a lugia darkrai right now. That way after the kill with lugia, you have free retreat. Also, dark patches help build up faster when doing this

The origional idea i had was with snorlax giratina but after i found irts a month behimd its time thanks to the new set not out i changed it. Im thinking if building a version for nats with the snorlax giratina idea. THis was for regionals because alot of peopel say landy is a good starter and wityh lugia ist an easy way to set up overflow. I need to work on it more before next weekend,. Thanks for the ideas guts.

I'm not a fan of people who tell you that you should run a completely different list than the one you asked for help on. The main problem with your original list is not enough draw power. Most people that have run this deck advocate 14-16 supporters/draw cards. I have found this to be true myself in play.
I run:
4 juniper,
4N,
3/4 Skyla,
2colress/bianca,
and 2 bicycle.
I tried trading the bicycle for max potions to rob my opponent of a KO and found that that small change made it set up much more poorly. Draw is huge for this list. I would suggest thinning your line of pokemon in favor of adding draw.
I run:
3 Landy EX,
2 Bouffy DRX,
2 Lugia EX,
1 Thunderous EX,
1 Mewtwo EX.

Thunderous and mewtwo are for the blastoise matchup, to give me more starting pokemon, and they do have some synergy with DCE, scramble switch, etc. however they only benched if I need them.

Last edited:
3 lugia ex
3 landorus ex
3 tornadus ex
2 bouffalont

4 pro juniper
4 skyla
4 colruss machine
4 pokemon catcher
4 n
4 hypno lasers
2 virbank gym
3 switch
1 escape rope
4 ultra ball
2 colress

5 fighting
4 plasma
4 double colorless

Issue is consistency because I cant get.the set up well. I would like to. Get help with a better draw .

I've run Landorus-Mewtwo-Tornadus very successfully for awhile now and my deck is quite similar to yours. So, following are some thoughts/comments for your consideration in regards to your deck setup consistency concerns:

First of all, I'd suggest you keep your Poké count at 11, because reducing this increases your chances to mulligan.

-1 Professor Juniper,
-1 Ultra Ball,
-1 Skyla,
-1 Colress,
+4 Bianca.
IMHO, I've found 3 PJs to be quite sufficient in most decks. Yeah, yeah, yeah... a 4th increases your odds of drawing into 1... On the other hand, when you do play it at times, you may also be discarding other valuable resources too or choose not play a draw Supporter that turn (ugh). 3 Skylas will also be sufficient, I've found. I also observed that in many games, my opponent and I will tend not to play with a "full" bench; so, I'm not sure if a 2-card Colress commitment is that worthwhile. Bianca, I've found, is a great compliment to Ultra Ball (with improved card draw support, 3 should be sufficient). UBs deplete cards from the hand while Biancas replenishes your hand (especially after your opponent Ns you when you're ahead ). Through my experience, I've found Biancas replenishes my hand more effectively than Colress.

After playtesting, you'll find a revised card draw Supporter mix that works better for you. I hope you find these comments helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back