Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lunatone; Go use it!

Dek

So as I was roaming around looking at random articles and visiting random towers (well... only one), I came across a card that could prove very beneficial to many decks that rely on Pokemon from Legends Awakened...

Lunatone from Great Encounters...

Why? Gravity Change...

All you do is discard a card from your hand. Sure, you can draw a card if Solrock is in play, but forget Solrock...

...yes, you heard me right. Forget Solrock...

What can the first half the power do in the long run?

A. Allow Kingdra to deal 10 more damage
B. Give some energy for Luxray to pick up.
C. Allow a perfect opportunity to play Ninjask (LA) to bring out a Shedinja from the discard pile.
D. Gives meaning to Rotom's first attack

But of course, that's not all. Sure it's attack only deals 20 damage, but it also gives the opportunity to discard a Stadium card in play...

So in case you didn't read all of that, let me put it in shorter terms...

Great tech, or greatest tech?

Lunasol is a combo,it has to be together,since its a draw engine and combo,so if you use it in Kingdra,a average list would look like so.

4-2-4 Kingdra LA
1 Regice LA
1-1 Lunasol GE
2-2 to 3-3 Claydol GE

thats what a average list would and will look like.

Why would you discard shedinja when ninjask lets you bring it from both hand or discard? Its really only helpful with rotom, but that covers 2 spots out of 6 for otherwise useless pokemon. Lunatone is best with claydol, giving you an extra card and getting a uselss card out of the cycle.

I use Lunasol in my wacky Skittles deck (Rotom/Ho-oh). I enjoy it, and its got some fun tricks (Energy Patch comes to mind), but its not amazing by any means. Felicitys can take care of most of your discarding, gives you 3-4 cards, and doesnt take up a bench spot. Alakazam can take up a bench spot, discard cards, and stop powers. Yeah, Lunatone is easier to get out, but its kinda dead weight latter in the game.

And Dusknoir salivates at the thought of Lunatone.

Papi: Discard Shedinja, Claydol up, Ninjask, presto. Might be what he meant. Iunno.

Back