1 Luxury Ball
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Bebe's Research
1 Night Maintenance

Energy// 9
5 Fire
3 Lighting
1 Psychic

This deck was made after A LOT of playtesting against many different decks and variants in a strong meta. I think it is very consistent. All opinions are appreciated.

Strategy: Somewhat basic LuxApe strategy...use Luxray and Infernape 4 to attack/disrupt opponent via Intimidating Roar and Bright Look. Ninetales is used for Mewtwo matchup and sometimes Dialga matchup since Ninetales' attack only discards one fire and not two like that fire spin does. Sunyshore is used to negate Lightning resistance to Flygon as well as remove the OHKO from promocroak after you KO with Luxray. Chatot is an added boost for hand refreshment, as well as getting rid of large clunky hands.

Last edited:
Good list! Only thing i would suggest -1 Infernape +1 Uxie. Also try the Vulpix PL instead of the shinny one.

Good list! Only thing i would suggest -1 Infernape +1 Uxie. Also try the Vulpix PL instead of the shinny one.

1-1 Uxie works really well for me, plus it doesn't take up a lot of bench space. Shiny Vulpix start is one of the best starts in the deck, because of its ability to get 2 free fire energies from my deck to my hand.

Thanks for the Sunnyshore Idea.It also helps with Nidoqueen(there is more Nidoqueen than Flygon in my area)and helps with the SV Mankey.
Why don't you play 2 Aaron's instead of the Night Maintenence?Just curious

Aaron's is a supporter that only allows SP pokemon and basic energy. Night Main. allows any pokemon and basic energy...i choose to run both instead of being heavy on one.

Call only helps the deck set up faster, if you go first and have it opening hand its even faster set up. Also you can run a Weavile G in there for set up and it helps you in some matchups, like gengar and dusknoir. You can drop a crobat G to and run the weavile there. I dont know about your meta game but if queen is big you can run a skuntank and toxicoak G to one shot all queens with lucario in play since you run stadiums . Also Roserade GL is extremely helpful in this deck.

Diagla/Chomp, FlyChamp, LuxApe, and Gengar are big in my meta. This deck doesn't have that much trouble with those decks. Setting up is not a problem for me right now, which is why I see it useless to add cards that "allow set up faster". If it was a problem, I would add Call Energy first. I can already one shot Queens with Uxie X and Ninetales. Elaborate on why you believe that Roserade GL is helpful in this deck.

Also, I have made one slight change to this deck.
-1 Power Spray
+1 Ambipom G

slows the deck...and there are better cards that can synergize with the deck. Luxape sets up very fast...I don't need the help of Call Energy. I would rather have other energies for easier accessibility and faster KOs.

haha, ok..............:rolleyes:

Roserade is helpful cause you can bring up whatever you want or have them bring up a chump blocker with the monkey and make them burn, early game, there warps and switchs so you have field control late game. Even bring up there claydol and then two shot it, plus while they die they cant use cosmic power. Most people dont expect roserade in decks so its a good surprise card.

Roserade is helpful cause you can bring up whatever you want or have them bring up a chump blocker with the monkey and make them burn, early game, there warps and switchs so you have field control late game. Even bring up there claydol and then two shot it, plus while they die they cant use cosmic power. Most people dont expect roserade in decks so its a good surprise card.
I can already do that with Bright Look and Intimidating Roar. I can also one shot claydol with Chomp X's snipe. I see no reason that Roserade would improve efficiency in this deck.

The reasons you should run Call energy are:

- Donk prevention
- To set up a turn 2 Luxray GL lv. X or even a Garchomp C lv. X using Dragon Rush, with the aid of Bronzong G
- To allow for an immediate Power Spray if your opponent goes second

I realize that Infernape 4 lv. X's mono-requirements, heavy discard, and the inclusion of 3 different types of energy in the deck all seem to make Call energy a bothersome addition, but it really is worth including. If you need concrete proof of its usefulness in this specific deck, the LuxApe that won Nationals used it. I would never even think of running any SP deck without it.

When running Uxie lv. X and Ninetales, Unown Q comes in extremely handy, especially with the latter. You typically won't be using Ninetales against much aside from Mewtwo, and after you discard for the attack, if you don't get KOed, you don't want to ditch the remaining energy on it to retreat, leaving it empty. If you keep one energy on it at all times, you always threaten the opponent with another OHKO response if they somehow get Mewtwo out again. You don't want to keep wasting your attachments on Ninetales either.

With Uxie lv. X, Q lets you get active to be leveled up and then back to the bench without wasting any energy, and then you can enjoy Trade Off for the rest of the game. (You obviously wouldn't be attaching Q to Uxie lv. X over G against Machamp.)

Sunyshore is too situational and hard to draw into, especially since you run no Claydol. It'll almost never come up when you really need it. Playing it against Flygon isn't necessary with Garchomp C lv. X, and stadiums are always risky against Flygon due to Sand Wall, even with all of your ways around it. I wouldn't run it here.

I would exchange the Night Maintenance for a Palmer's Contribution. 5 over 3 is especially considerable here with so much discarding going on.

I'm also not sure if I would keep the Ambipom G. Its only real use is to counter a Garchomp C lv. X that just Dragon Rushed, but that attack isn't especially gruesome against you (unlike it would be against Dialga/Garchomp, for example), and the 4th Power Spray is so nice (or you could use that slot for 1 Call energy and then drop the 2 Sunyshore and a Lightning for the remaining 3). You don't want to overtech.

Last edited:
Well Roserade allows you to save Garchomp for a larger threat to your deck, like flygon. It can also stall for a bit if you had a bad hand, gives you the extra damage so another main attacker can kill it next turn. It makes them burn there resource cards like warp, switch early game giving you control late game. Its a good tech card that most people overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back