Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxary/Raichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prize_Card

So after looking at some of the dp5 scans, I noticed the new luxary which not only looks awesome, it's attacks own too! So heres the list I came up for the new luxary deck.

Pokemon: 20

4-2-2-2 Luxary (2 luxary dp1/ 2 luxary dp5)
3-3 Riachu mt
2-2 Milotic df

Trainers: 23

4 celios
4 rare candy
3 mentor (Mentor over Roseanne's in this case because, your already getting all the energy with riachu, and you need to have at least 1 luxary and 1 milotic on your bench before you use the dp1 Luxary.)
3 windstorm (Cessation crystal hurts this deck a lot..)
3 team galacitcs wager
2 stevens advice
2 warp point
2 night maintanence

Energy: 17

2 Double rainbow (just incase you don't start with riachu)
2 Scramble (Recovery late game)
13 Lightning energy

Alright the strategy: Start out by getting a riachu active, 2 shinx and a feebas on the bench. Then start getting the energy on shinx for luxarys attack.. Try to get out a milotic before you play the dp1 luxary so you can take a look at there hand first, which helps decide if you want to play it yet. Milotic also helps set you up.. Now attack with luxary and get a free KO from there hand, and bring all the energy either to riachu, or the luxary from dp5 on your bench.. Then 1 hit what ever they bring up next.. Keep repeating. Many diffrent strategys..

Pros:

-I came up w ith the deck by myself
-luxary is awesome!
-Could be tournament worthy

Cons:

-Weakness :frown:
-Once you discard the energy off of luxary dp5 or riacu mt. its gonna take a while to get the proper energy again.. (might increase DRE count to fix that.)

Spoilers!!

Luxary LV.51 – Lightning – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Luxio

Poke-Body: Rivalry
If your opponent has any Pokemon LV.X in play, all of this Pokemon's attacks do an additional 50 damage to any Active Pokemon.

[C][C] Plasma: 40 damage. Attach 1 Lightning Energy card from your discard pile to Luxray.
[L][L][C] Shock Bolt: 100 damage. Discard all Lightning Energy attached to Luxray.

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
Resistance: Steel (-20)
Retreat: 0

Shinx LV.6 - Lightning - HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Charge: Search your deck for 1 Lightning Energy card and attach it to Shinx. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[LV.[C] Double Kick: Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)
Resistance: Steel (-20)
Retreat: 1

Thanks for taking a look! Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited:
Whichever 1 your using, their both not good in this deck becaus:

1. DF - Use Claydol instead
2. GE - it'll just incourage your opponent even more not to play any Lv.X's.

Read the strategy and you'll figure out which milotic it is.. Duh...

Flygon999 I dont appreciate you bashin on my deck... Claydol isnt teh answer to everything.. And you should no your on a team that trys to be diffrent from meta-game.. claydol is ran in almost every meta game deck.. militoc DF DF DF DF DF DF... (you nkow which one know?) is underated.. And you get to look at your oppoenents hand and expect whats coming.. and you get to see what basic they have in there to use luxary dp1 with... Milotic is more consistent then claydol in this deck any way...

Im so happy I didnt join a team that basshes on eachothers decks..

I am not bashing dude, I like the deck, I told you that last night!!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I forrgot the DF looks at the OPP hand, nice concept!!!

Last edited:
Looks good. Theres one problem though there is a 90% chance that by the time we get DP5 the format is going to be DP on

Blaziken, some of the cards from dp5 could possibly come out in english sets right? hopefully the luxary comes out.. And if not ill just run the dp1 luxary.

Electivire SW is also happy about Lightning energy in the discard. A 2-2 line of 'vire and 3-4 Energy Switch should prove more stable than Energy Patch. Furthermore, once these cards will be out, CC won't be much of an issue any more (who still plays CC? I haven't seen a single one in over a year at my league). Actually, how about this line-up? It's DP-on, which is the likeliest prediction of the format to come.

4-2-2-2 Luxray DP1/5
3-3 Raichu MT
2-2 Electivire SW

4 Candy
4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Prof. Rowan
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Energy Switch

16 Lightning Energy

Bebe's and Rowan help you get lightning energy back into the deck for Raichu to search out, which makes them great choices even if for some reason Celio should survive the format. Props for the idea! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back