Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

luxchomp vs. reshiram/emboar

In all honesty...and I in no way try to boast how godly sp IS...but my experience leads me to believe that with the new candy ruling, you just bright look/dragon rush the tepigs and when an emboar surfaces, even if they pump energy on it, it only hits for 50 and has a HUGE retreat cost...

Isn't it just a typical game for luxchomp?

How can luxchomp win this matchup?

DISCUSS

1. Why does it even matter since Luxchomp is rotated.

2. This is one of the single most obnoxious kinds of posts anyone can make. You don't even bother to explain why you want to know.

3. No way in heck I'm going to discuss anything when someone writes some short little sentence followed by "Discuss" because they're too lazy to do the research by them selves.

Mods, can we PLEASE have some kind of rule against making threads like this? It makes the site look really sloppy, and overall, bad. IMO this is a worse offender than the 2 word reply problem we used to have.

Luxchomp will PROBABLY rotate on July 1st. Not everyone cares about HGSS on. Its not even fully confirmed to happen.

In the Md on format Emboar still has BTS and can use tomb/sableye. Seems to me as long as you keep Emboar out of the active spot you're all good. Luxchomp can't Dragon Rush Resh without dieing to Outrage. Luxray dies to Blue Flame right after it does Flash Impact. The only way it can beat it is to kill Emboar before it fully evolves.

Thirding what everyone else pretty much says, Luxchomp will still be around throughout BRs more than likely (barring another announcement), so it's still a legitimate threat to talk about; sure, BRs might not matter to most, but for quite a few of us who aren't going to bother with Nats either (and won't have to worry about Worlds grinding for another several months), it's perfectly relevant. Sure, OP could have been a little more elaborate on his initial post, but there's no reason to outright bash him for it...

But yeah, for Luxchomp, I would pretty much guess Bright Look/KO Tepigs or get Chompy Lv X to do it for you, the candy rule inhibits their speed quite a bit, so unless they spam the bench with Tepigs, you should be able to take out quite a few of them ideally. I dunno if Luxchomp runs anything like Judge these days, but might not be a bad idea to have some form of hand disruption to prevent them from stockpiling Energy. Might even want to consider a counterstadium in case they run BTS.

How can Luxchomp beat Reshiboar? I dunno, by being the current BDIF? One deck isn't going to end the reign of the most feared deck in the format off of theorcyrafting alone.

And for those ignorant to think that we're having a format change, it hasn't happened yet, despite my apparent disgust of the state of the format until it occurs. We can still have a crappy MD-on nationals.

The only way LuxChomp beats Reshiram/Emboar is if the Reshiram/Emboar build lacks a consistent energy recovery system, and/or doesn't run at least a 3-3-3 Emboar line (or Flower Shop Lady).

Bright Looking up Emboar may seem a good way to win, but Emboar can really just attach to himself and retreat... good builds also run Switch. However, if the LuxChomp player can knock out an Emboar or two and the Reshiram/Emboar player doesn't run recovery cards, they will have a very difficult time coming back.

^ People do tend to forget there are water SP techs in the format. When Charizard became hype, I witnessed an SP deck (Dialgachomp, at that) beat Charizard in top cut off its Quagsire GL alone.

Luxchomp can preservere through much. It still can survive against Magnerock despite it being capable of one shotting the entire deck just due to the decks ability to set up. Granted, Reshiram is beefy as hell and would take some time to drop, which is different than what SP is used to, but I'm sure thats only a minor issue, and Garchomp can also drop Emboars faster than they can set up due to the decks speed.

Now, BTS would still be in format to help, but I still don't think it can match Luxchomp's versatility.

^ People do tend to forget there are water SP techs in the format. When Charizard became hype, I witnessed an SP deck (Dialgachomp, at that) beat Charizard in top cut off its Quagsire GL alone.

Luxchomp can preservere through much. It still can survive against Magnerock despite it being capable of one shotting the entire deck just due to the decks ability to set up. Granted, Reshiram is beefy as hell and would take some time to drop, which is different than what SP is used to, but I'm sure thats only a minor issue, and Garchomp can also drop Emboars faster than they can set up due to the decks speed.

Now, BTS would still be in format to help, but I still don't think it can match Luxchomp's versatility.

Oh, yeah... if you're talking about a MD-on format, I think Reshiram/Emboar would undoubtedly rail LuxChomp. BTS and access to Uxie make the matchup unfair.

3. No way in heck I'm going to discuss anything when someone writes some short little sentence followed by "Discuss" because they're too lazy to do the research by them selves.

Mods, can we PLEASE have some kind of rule against making threads like this? It makes the site look really sloppy, and overall, bad. IMO this is a worse offender than the 2 word reply problem we used to have.

You're right. The one sentence + "DISCUSS" thing can be toxically annoying.

It comes across like "I don't really want to type or discuss this but I want to be the creator of the thread." :cool:

His question, however, is a valid discussion topic. If you take off the condescending "discuss," it's an OK question.

But yeah... the little "discuss" stinger at the end puts me in a mood too.

^ I 100% agree that it's the "DISCUSS" at the end that does it. The fact that he put it all in caps makes it even more obnoxious. Take that off, and I probably wouldn't care. I hate the fact that the OP feels the need to tell me to discuss anything. If I want to answer his question, I will. I don't need a stupid "DISCUSS" at the end telling me to answer his question.

^ I 100% agree that it's the "DISCUSS" at the end that does it. The fact that he put it all in caps makes it even more obnoxious. Take that off, and I probably wouldn't care. I hate the fact that the OP feels the need to tell me to discuss anything. If I want to answer his question, I will. I don't need a stupid "DISCUSS" at the end telling me to answer his question.

All he forgot was the "dmaster out"

Floatzel GL Lv. X is a great SP Water tech. Throw in 1-1 and Interviewer's Question, and you've just beat Reshiboar (can't function without Emboar, can't function without Reshiram).

2. This is one of the single most obnoxious kinds of posts anyone can make. You don't even bother to explain why you want to know.

The more obnoxious posts are ones like these, if you aren't going to discuss then don't post that you aren't going to discuss.

Back