Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxlock (States maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzywuzzy229

Hi. I've been playing Vilegar for the whole season and wanted a change of pace. Especially with all the Lostgar hype, people will be putting in Dark techs, which also hurt Vilegar :(

Pokemon- 23
4 Sableye SF (or 3 Sableye/1 Smeargle)
2 Uxie LA
1 Uxie X LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q MD
3 Garchomp C SV
1 Garchomp C X SV
1 Crobat G PL
1 Bronzong G PL
1 Murkrow SV
1 Honchkrow SV
2 Luxray GL RR
2 Luxray GL X RR
1 Ambipom G RR
1 Chatot G
1 Lucario GL

TSS- 28
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
4 Poke Turn
3 Energy Gain
2 SP Radar
3 Power Spray
2 Cyrus Initiative
2 Judge
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Premier Ball
1 VS Seeker

Energy- 9
4 DCE
1 Special Dark
2 Dark
2 Lightning

I wanted to use Chenlock but I didn't like Blaziken since I hated the fact that Luring Flame was an attack and thus slowing down the overall disruption of bringing up a Poke. Then I decided to replace Blaziken with Luxray and made it a 1-1 tech and made a thicker line for Honchkrow.

This will be my first SP deck so I still lack the general deck building knowledge for SP decks so please give me reasons as to certain changes. Also, this deck hasn't been tested yet so it's all just theory.

My meta is Luxchomp heavy so the thicker Honchkrow will probably be reduced or even taken out entirely (which makes me sad since I really wanted to use it :( ). I wanted to use 1 Smeargle and 1 Twins in the deck but I don't see the space.

EDIT: This deck has 61 cards. I'm not sure what to cut right now :(

Last edited:
If you really need a tech against LostGar, a Single Honchkrow will usually wreak their whole deck, as they can't do any damage. As it doesn't look like LuxLock to me, you don't have any Electric Energy. Also, I've been testing with ChenLock for a Few Months, from the start of cities til now, and I found that 1 Judge and 1 Looker's Investigation is Ideal, it give you a chance to see what your shuffling away from your opponent. If they have a bad hand as it is, just use it on yourself. I also don't like Bronzong G, Sable/Lux/Chenlock work a little different from Luxchomp as you don't need that much energy manipulation. I'd replace it with Roserade Gl, it increases your Vilegar and Gyarados match ups as you can look their staters. Other than that, it looks solid, Just figure out what your going to do with that Luxray cause right now it's just sitting there.

Thanks for the help DoomScizor. The reason why I didn't include the Lightning energy was because I decided to reduce the Luxray line to 1-1 and pretty much only use Bright Look. But after much thought and consideration for my meta, I up'd the line, added in 2 Lightning energy, and reduced the Honchkrow line. I also added in Lucario GL so I could take on Gyarados decks easier.

I thought about your Looker/Judge and decided to keep the 2 Judge. I feel Judge is more disruptive, even though its a 1 card difference (I'm one of those people that believe that 1 card is too much :p)

I thought the same way you did about the Bronzong. After reading some articles at 6P and watching it in play, Bronzong is actually useful. I'll think about it some more as well since I don't know if it warrants a spot since the list is tight as it is :p

The list now reflects my changes but it has 61 cards :( I really don't know what to cut. I was thinking probably drop 1 Judge since I'll probably use it only once per game (although having 2 is better). If Judge is prized, I'll probably just Initiative anyways :p

Looks nice bro. I play Sablelock too (albeit with Blaziken) and it's pretty good.

I'd play 2-2 Chomp. I've never been a huge fan of triple Garchomp C, and you can Double Rush with 2-2.

I prefer Dragonite FB over Pom. Pom can donk, but occasionally Draggy can too. It's weird, but it happens. Lucario GL is unnecessary in here, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of Zong in Sablelock (in other SP builds it's essential), so remove it for a 2nd Bat.

I don't like Prem Ball tons in here - if you remove it, you can toss in another Radar. Also remove a Bebe's for a 4th Spray to maximize disruption - 2 Bebe's aren't needed in a Sablelock variant like this. I'd also try to play more SP. Darks.

All in all, do this:

-1 Garchomp C
-1 Ambipom G
-1 Bronzong G
-1 Lucario GL
-1 Prem Ball
-1 Bebe's

+1 Garchomp C X
+1 Dragonite FB
+1 Radar
+1 Spray
+2 Special Dark

That should be good! Nice deck.

Looks nice bro. I play Sablelock too (albeit with Blaziken) and it's pretty good.

I'd play 2-2 Chomp. I've never been a huge fan of triple Garchomp C, and you can Double Rush with 2-2.

I prefer Dragonite FB over Pom. Pom can donk, but occasionally Draggy can too. It's weird, but it happens. Lucario GL is unnecessary in here, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of Zong in Sablelock (in other SP builds it's essential), so remove it for a 2nd Bat.

I don't like Prem Ball tons in here - if you remove it, you can toss in another Radar. Also remove a Bebe's for a 4th Spray to maximize disruption - 2 Bebe's aren't needed in a Sablelock variant like this. I'd also try to play more SP. Darks.

All in all, do this:

-1 Garchomp C
-1 Ambipom G
-1 Bronzong G
-1 Lucario GL
-1 Prem Ball
-1 Bebe's

+1 Garchomp C X
+1 Dragonite FB
+1 Radar
+1 Spray
+2 Special Dark

That should be good! Nice deck.

The only thing I disagree with there is Lucario not being needed, he needs it for the gyarados match up, if he can't disrupt them enough with the deck and they get set up your only outs would be Bright looking Regice and Snipe around it hoping he doesn't get a DCE or he could just play Lucario GL, Crobat G the Dos and Flash impact for the KO. Beside that, I would keep the second Bebe's Search for the Just in case moment, and I have never ran more than 2 Sp radar in my decks and it works fine, 3 is really nice but 2 is work able, besides, if you need to search for BDK and your single bebe's is prized, GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back