Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxray GL Trash Bolt vs. Giratina X Invisible Tentacles

ugly psyducky

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I attack my opponent using Luxray's Trashbolt attack. My opponent has Giratina X in play with Invisible Tentacles. Does the energy I discard from my hand for Trash Bolt, count as the cost for Invisible Tentacles or must I discard another energy in order for the attack to suceed.

If the answer is 2 must be discarded, then the second question is. I declare the attack Trashbolt and discard one energy, but I do not have a second energy in my hand. Have I now declared an illegal attack and may (with potentially the pertinent penalties applied) I retreive that energy from my discard and declare Bite, or does my turn simply end with no attack and an energy discarded.

I would guess that the same ruling would apply to Raichu Lvl X Voltage Shoot.

Thanks

You have to discard for Invisible Tenticles in order to start your attack.
So you haven't even declared an attack yet. It can't be the same card that is discarded. You discard one for each.

You're getting your timing backwards. You discard for Invisible Tent. first. And, very important, it doesn't have to be an energy card. It can be any card.

However, on the general subject of declaring attacks you can't pay for, you would be able to choose an attack that you can pay for, if there is one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back