Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Luxray/Manectric

It would be easier for people to help you if you told people what you already know about this deck.

3-1 Luxray
2-2 Manectric
4 Cyrus
4 Rose
2-3 Bebe's
2-4 Sunyshore Stadium
3-1 Uxie
4 PlusPower

Something along those lines.

Yeah, well I heard it runs Plus Powers uses Manectric for bench protection and spread, Luxray as a main attacker and to abuse Bright Look. That's all I really know, I've never seen it played.

Okay I grinded into worlds with it in sr and played it for worlds losing only to some terribly bad luck.
2-2 Luxray and 3-3 Manetric are essential. You mainly abuse Luxray's power. If your Meta game is filled with gengar and palkia you are set to win. For gengar you just bright look up their Nido uxeen and 1shot it with Uxie X and Lucario. Then you just unknown G your Uxie and spread forever. Vs palkia you use Manetric and just power spray their remove lost attempts. You must play Sunny shore to stop Toxicroak .

Okay I grinded into worlds with it in sr and played it for worlds losing only to some terribly bad luck.
2-2 Luxray and 3-3 Manetric are essential. You mainly abuse Luxray's power. If your Meta game is filled with gengar and palkia you are set to win. For gengar you just bright look up their Nido uxeen and 1shot it with Uxie X and Lucario. Then you just unknown G your Uxie and spread forever. Vs palkia you use Manetric and just power spray their remove lost attempts. You must play Sunny shore to stop Toxicroak .

Also Sunyshore prevents an autoloss to Flygon don't forget.

1 Ditto is all you need vs Flygon. Sunyshores aren't as needed as they are made out to be. Vs Flygon, it is very difficult for them to get out more than 1 Flygon- simply because your pluspowers/bats/attacks kill their bench and support. Your 1 Ditto is enough to take down TWO Flygons, so the sparing use of this cute basic is all you need to beat Flygon.

He is also brilliant against Gengar if you run psychic energy.

2/2 manectric was good for me, and I used 3/1 luxray. You already have mostly lightning energy, and used Bebe's AND SP radar- so your chances of getting a t2 bright look were amazing- you want to increase your odds of starting with that Luxray GL. 2/2 is very nice, but doesn't seem needed. Run an Azelf and with 3/1 you get it out all the time t2.

Ok, I'll try it, I think it would do well in my format, 2-2 Manectric is all I have though I could get more if needed, I think I'll try a 3-1 Luxray, 2-2 Manectric, Should I add a few Sunnyshore for Machamp because I'm expecting him to be played with Gengar where I'm at.

The whole point of Luxray is to abuse Bright Look. This is much easier with 2-2 Luxray. It also reduces the need for Azelf. Thus 2-2 is superior to 3-1.

i think he means palkia g lv. X's power lost cyclone, which isnt much of a problem anyways since they are weak to you. it should almost be auto win.

Wasn't there a Luxray and Cresselia list that made it to the T16 at Worlds, or something like that?

I would recommend starting with Luxray and Manectric; it should flow from there.

OMG... I thought it, but couldn't post it for various reasons. But, that was my knee jerk reaction right there. Leave it up to you to actually say it :lol:

ANYWAY ...

Start with... something like...

4 Cyrus Conspiracy
4 Poketurns
3 PowerSpray (you need to squash mesprit drops)
3 Energy Gain
3 SP Radar

2-2 Luxray GL X
3-3 Manectric line
unown G
2 Crobat G (helps you get 3 SPs down for powerspray as well)
3 Pokemon Rescue (sure shot way to speed cycle the Luxray X drop)

It's really what YOU end up doing after YOU play the deck out and DISCOVER the cards that are proving to, both, useful and useless to you.

That's the problem with just doing whatever we tell you. We all play differently.

Develop YOUR DECK's mechanics and strategy.
Change to plug holes.

Rock on.

This list might work nicely:

3-1 Luxray GL lv.X
2-2 Manectric
2-2 Claydol
2-1 Uxie lv.X
1 Azelf
1 Crobat G
1 Skuntank G
1 Unown G

4 Roseanne
4 Bebe
3 Cyrus
1 Aaron
4 Poketurn
4 Energy Gain
2 SP Radar
3 Sunyshore City Gym
2 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance

7 Lightning Energy
4 Call Energy

I like Sunyshore City Gym + Skuntank G combo in there, I think it might be useful in some non-SP matchups. I'd stick with Claydol but it's debatable in the current metagame.

Back