Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lynchburg, Virginia Finally has a Pokemon League!

cullenmon

Alright im pretty stoked but were gonna start running pokemon tourneys this week here in Lynchburg VA and its gonna be great for our area. Any tips would be much appreciated from other organizers! thanks!

Well, any of us in VA would be glad to give you our expertise!! Feel free to reach me via the "contact the organizer" link on any VA premier events!!
Definitely post fliers around campus!! (they do allow that at Liberty, right???)

Good luck in the endeavor (and I hope to see everyone in Harrisonburg at the Battle Road event on Saturday!!) :thumb:

Tip: Have theme decks available for teaching players. Have these theme decks sleeved so that you can identify them in case cards get mixed up or seperated from the deck. Non-legal sleeves are great for being able to identify what cards belong to which theme deck. I had lots of non-legal sleeves from back in the day when they were allowed in tournaments, so it was also a way for me to put those sleeves to use.

You'll want to keep some playmats on hand as well.

i havent decided on my dates for tourneys just yet but ill keep you posted. itll be in Lynchburg VA at The Collectors Lair/The Vault

Well, any of us in VA would be glad to give you our expertise!! Feel free to reach me via the "contact the organizer" link on any VA premier events!!
Definitely post fliers around campus!! (they do allow that at Liberty, right???) That should be fine, you might need to get permission, but it'll be fine.

Good luck in the endeavor (and I hope to see everyone in Harrisonburg at the Battle Road event on Saturday!!) :thumb:

Replies in bold. The OP-site doesn't list the league yet.

I'd totally be interested in joining if I had a ride or it was someplace nearby/didn't have work to do.

sweeeet. well im guessing i have to have the actual events started then. Ive got my first thing listed on the go-pokemon site. yeah let me know whats up and we'll totally figure out when you could check it out.

This is wonderful to hear. I quite literally just created an account on this site a couple of weeks ago, and asked totoro a few questions as far as rule changes that have occurred since I stopped playing. I was quite the avid participant in the Lynchburg league that used to be held at Toys R Us, but stopped playing when it ended. If you get this going, I'll definitely have to familiarize myself with all the new rules and start participating.

Back