+ Rhode Island: Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave., Johnston, RI 02919

Saturday, March 8
+ Massachusetts: TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA, 01757
+ New York: Neutral Ground, 15 West 37th Street, New York, NY 10018

Information for all States:
Start Time: 10:00AM
Entry Fee: Free
Save time – bring a completed decklist.

I'll be at mass not sure if I should go to RI or if I should go to NH. Oh well I hope to see a great turnout and also top 8 in seinors. I'm tired of getting 5th and 3rd place. The last tornoment I went to I counted I missed my 8 top cuts by one place. Oh well what can I do

Hope I have time to put together my Gardelade deck before then. This should be fun. Although last year when I started going to tournaments I sucked on ice. I had to borrow a Typhlosion/Arbok deck which was beaten by anyone with an EX in their deck, lol.

I had to borrow a Typhlosion/Arbok deck which was beaten by anyone with an EX in their deck, lol.

You're welcome. Least you got to play.

*don't have as many decks to loan out this year as 2 of mine are missing*

After almost getting killed for waring my giants gear in milford i'm coming back with more boston appropriate attire :)

I know me,ray and steve will all be there so be ready for the NY invasion. JohhnyBlaze and the other part of the crew went to NYC that day for their states.

I found a way to play togekiss and magmortar so im coming with a very powerful combination to see how it fares with the Mass crew.

See ya all saturday:biggrin:

I know me,ray and steve will all be there so be ready for the NY invasion. JohhnyBlaze and the other part of the crew went to NYC that day for their states.

Actually Joe we will be in Milford. The Tested and True venue!! :biggrin:

Also I wouldnt call it a NY invasion because we always play there and are part of NE team. :thumb:

:rolleyes: Ohh come on Johnny a little friendly dose of words is always good like NY invasion. Its over 10 NY players invading the MA states. Id call that an invasion and even if we are rival leauges we fight for the same cause. Top take a rival states trophy home to NYS :)

Good to see ya going this time around and see ya all there. Good luck to all who go. :thumb:

Joe look on the brightside at least gino is invading NY. Thats good news in my book. Not to mention my boy jareds coming with me. So GL at MA but if you guys wanna take us down ima have to take NEW YORK CITY down like KING KONGZ!:cool:

Ok wow i started some invasion topic here. Whoever wins will deserve it but with a 10 player edge i think NY will leave with at least 1 trophy :D Well have to see when the smoke clears who leaves with glory and who leaves with nothing.

Hmnmm yes i can see a trophy going back to East New England (formerly NY). Probably the same trophy that went back from RI last week (though could head to NH instead).

But Masters will be very difficult to pry a trophy out of MA.

bjj763 that's exactly what i was thinking about it being the same trophy RI took last week

our masters division is pretty tight, i don't know any of the new york players but i wish you guys good luck, i don't know if ny can WIN this thing, between the frezzas, con, pokey, and andrew the competition should be even tighter than NH states, which was no cake walk for gino who WON ny regs last year,

as far as the trophy going back to NH, myself and adam and all the other NH players will certainly try to accomplish that, but i consider a win for NH to be the same as a win for MA anyway since we're so tight,

i wouldn't be so defensive of MA and NH if it didn't seem like a bunch of NY players just decided they'd have a better chance of winning a smaller tourney, i'm just glad it wont happen like that, enjoy your trip and if any of you guys win i honestly congratulate you but i'd be embarassed if i drove twice the distance to play an "EASY" tourney because theres plenty of competition in MA it's a smaller player base but the skilled players are more saturated in such a small environment

either way thanks for coming up to MA for states guys higher attendance is a good thing, i look forward to playing you all, and hopefully beating you and everyone else LOL

Hello everyone

I wanted to post a few helpful hints for the players attending NY or MA states this weekend.

Before the tournament:
1. when you enter the venue, we will have player registration slips, decklists and pens availible, fill out AND HAND IN THE player registration slip ASAP, this helps us get all the players properly entered into the computer and helps us run a better event.

1A. Make sure you have your pop id and write so we can read your name, pop id # and your date of birth on both the registration slip and your deck list.

2. We will collect DECK LISTS at the beginning of round 1.

3. We will extend one of the rounds by 15 minutes to give the players an opportunity to grab something to eat, We will announce this BEFORE the round starts so you know what is going on. Our goal is to keep the tourney running so that we finish at a reasonable time.

4. Make sure that you have someone verify your deck list, players should help each other do this, make sure the cards are legal, that you don't have an illegal amount of the same card in your deck(5 professor oak last year), make sure that you have all 60 cards listed on the deck list. If you have any questions please ask a judge. Optional deck checks will be availible

5. Double check your sleeves and make sure you have extra sleeves availible in your color that are not noticible. When I play I buy 100 ct packs of sleeves,

6. Make sure you have damage counters.

During the tournament:

Double check your sleeves after each round. Replace ones that become marked. Sleeves that start the tournament legal aren't necessarily legal at the end of the tournament. It is the players RESPONSIBILITY to present a legal deck each and EVERY round.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION DURING YOUR MATCH ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS HAPPENING, CALL THE JUDGE, We can't fix something that we don't know is either broken or over.

Have a good time! Enjoy the day,

For those of you in NY we are going to a real DOJO,

We look forward to this weekend

Tom and Judy Shea

steve we might see you in NY! we really wanna go to that one more than MA for the trip and it would be fun to play at a bigger and more challenging tourney, plus gino will be there so that's someone else we know

it's kind of up in the air, now that MA is such the states to go to, but if i'm lucky i'll be in NY for the first time in my life

I can't BELIEVE you forgot Cap and Jared on that New Englad list of good players. Cap's my pick for MA state champion, with Con a close second, while Jared or I should win NY! BELIEVE in miracles because they believe in YOU!

Back