Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MA State's Report (GG+tech empoleon)

phoenixback4fire

So me and My girlfriend wake up around 6 (we wanted to get up early because of weather n such) and my mom decides to bring us for a change (we always take 1 of our cars) and we got to Milford really early so we stopped at D&D's for a little chow then went to the tournament. I was going to use a Grumpig/mismagius deck that ive been playing with all week but last minute I went with GG. so here go's ...

Masters: 60 playing 6 rounds cutting to T8

Round 1
VS. Ray Rufia with Flygon sw/Magnanium d

This guy beat me back in citys/or BR's i dont really remeber all I know is i needed to at least win my first round to start the day off good. So we start and I had chingling start and a raltz on the bench he started with a castform . he passed and i drew into a P energy and attached to raltz then inviting bell only to see that all 3 of my Rosanne's were prized :[ but I wound up celiosing everything and getting set up slower than usuall. he t2ed a meg d he kept delta reducing but i had a gardy lvx out so i kept switching and GAllading his pokemon ( I feel bad because he had a scramble in his hand the whole time and i was sitting there wondering if he had somtihing up his sleeve for it but i think last turn he used bebes and shuffled it in for a flygon but it was a good game !

1-0

Round 2
VS. Alex Frezza with GG/tech dusknoir

This game was one of the most restricting matches of the day... He got his dusknoir out pretty fast and i could only have 4 pokemon out at a time ( through the game I had 1 gallade 2 gardy and my empoleon out ) I struggled though this entire match good game alex you did great ! ( he later came in 1st )

1-1

Round 3
VS. Crystal Deveau with GG/lucario

So If I can say somthing really quick she didnt get 1 supporter or trainer this entire game. I started with a chinglin/bb evo to chimecho (which i drew into) I said to myself attack or draw ? so i drew for like 3-4 turns until i realized she wasent getting anything so i started attacking and she reare candied into a gallade (i knew to leave 4 prizes to kill it with mine when she brought it out so i koed a raltz and a riolu she had with chim then she brought up gallade koed my chime i koed her Gallade FTW

2-1

Round 4
VS. Mary Eaglesten with Togekiss/Exeggutor

This was a very scary match she got out quick eggs and quick kiss and had so many energies on it with scetile i was like omg....... I knew i needed to take drastic mesures to win aka gallade but she killed my gardy lvx with rolling so many dice then i came up with gallade and ran through till the end ( she most likely would have won if she got heads with an exeggutor but out of three alll three taills :[ thanks for a great match mary!

3-1

Round 5
VS. Adrian Berniak(aka LetFireFall) with Slowking/furret/Magmortar

This match was so weird for starters t2 i rossanesed for a chimecho and a ....piplup (I saw the fire energy on his sentret start so i said to myself yay i get to test my empoleion tech!) i already had a raltz on the bench and i called in for 3 and got 2 candy and a celios next turn he attached an energy to a banched magmar then groped , I then drew into a DRE I used celios for emp and candied and went to town on his magmar. his deck was like wash and repeat wash and repeat one after the other magmotar I was so scared when he got a mag X on me he did 100 to my emp and burnt me ( i got heads the next 3 rolls and continued the slaughter ) I then warp pointed out his magmar and my gardy I leveled up and teleported for emp and koed his magmar . he wound up getting out another magmortar with a scramble and killing my emp but I had dealt 100 to it last turn so any other one of my pokemon would have killed it next turn.
This was an exciting match that personally i thought I was toast but after seeing piplup everything was all right. :thumb: Good match adrian i look foward to seeing you at Regionals.

4-1

Round 6
VS. Con Lee with GG (BTW he won NH states)

For this game I knew i had to outspeed or out wit him my start of my other tech tarous and a raltz on the bench he starts with a raltz and a niddoran f on the bench I went first getting out 2 more raltz next tuen i got out a chingling and a chimecho and drew into everything id need to start winning (gardy candy scarmble) so ...his turn he WAGERS and i lose leaving me with a bench of raltz raltz raltz tarous and a chimecho active ( i got a piplup a windstorm and a candy) the entire game goes down hill he gets gardy and starts plowing through every raltz and chimecho and tarous i had (6 turns w/out a evolution or supporter ) I felt like crap the rest of the day :[ because that cost me top cut .

4-2

I came in 10th place after all was said n done so i didnt do bad at all

while top 8 was going on My mom wanted to learn how to play and since we all now had free time my girlfriend decided to show her how to play and the best part of the day was when TGW was played and my mom goes rock paper scissors shoot! and put a thumbs up :thumb: Ive never laughed so hard in my life :lol: It was one of those ..you had to be there moments ..

PROPS:
good pizza
best friend andrew getting 3rd
coming in 10th out of 60 people

Last edited:
Oh-ho! Look who I found on here! *waves* Good to see someone I notice here. Just registered. It's Crystal~

...I swear, I just couldn't pull -anything- that game. D: I didn't for a few games, too, which is kinda weird. Need more cards. :| Ah well, good game, nonetheless. Can't wait to maybe face you at Regionals, ne?

Nice report Adam and thanks for the fun game we had! What a day, losing to both you and Tiff in the same tourney. No problem though, it is my pleasure to lose to such nice kids and great players! Look forward to next time.

Nice report Adam and thanks for the fun game we had! What a day, losing to both you and Tiff in the same tourney. No problem though, it is my pleasure to lose to such nice kids and great players! Look forward to next time.

I guess i forgot you played tiff too I didnt realize you lost to BOTH of us :[
Well I had a blast on saturday and i cant wait to see everybody durning REG./Prerelease time

I was going to use a Grumpig/mismagius deck that ive been playing with all week

Adam - Gotta love those last minute decisions! So instead I used Grumpig for ya and went 2-4. Ouch!! Good job on your performance.

Adam - Gotta love those last minute decisions! So instead I used Grumpig for ya and went 2-4. Ouch!! Good job on your performance.

Thank you ! I think my skills are increasing since last year when i started playing.

I was practicing with the grumpig deck all week tho so I was a pro at playing it (making me think back now ) I probably shoulda played it :\ I made that GG last minute :[ at least I had a winning record with it at the end of the day but then agian ...it was gg

well, now I don't feel so bad, with the same record as you Johnny! Sorry you didn't make the top cut Adam, your deck was a nice original twist to the usual GAG. It was fun to roll all those dice against your big powerful pokemon, but eggs was probably a bad deck choice for the day. I had fun anyway.

Nice Job Adam. Should've played the rogue man. :D Pig is sick. Oh well, we'll break the format soon.

Yah were working on it ;]

Im goign to try my old deck agian and see how it does in one of the (pre reg compatiotion i know where going to have)

And Ive got to talk to some people to get some advice ;]

Back