Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp Domino

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmeargleMe

Here's fun deck that I'm putting together for the league.

Pokemon: 23
3-2-3-1 Machamp lv X SF
1-1 Lumineon SF
1-1-1 Dusknoir DP
2-2 Claydol GE
1 Unown G
1 Azelf LA
2 Spiritomb AR
1 Relicanth SV-79

T/S/S: 21
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
1 Night Maintenance
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 BTS
1 Luxury Ball
2 Warp Points
2 Switch
1 Looker's Investigation

Energy: 16
8 Fighting
2 Call
2 Rainbow
4 Warp

Strategy:
Get out Machamp attacking early with help from Spiritomb with Dusknoir next, then Lumineon. With Machamp as my active, switch it out for Lumineon so he can use Fin Luster to bring out a Basic Pokemon that my opponent has in his hand due to Dusknoir. Then use Dusknoir's Dark Palm to send his main attacker that just came back to the bench back into his deck. Retreat Lumineon for free and bring back up Machamp for the cheap Take Out. I hoping there's no late game.

Problems:
-Lots of setup = slow = Domino part of the deck name. Luckily Machamp is easy to get out. More BTS needed?
-Plox - They can shut down the whole domino strategy by shutting down my Pokemon's Powers. No idea on countering.
-Gengar SF - Again a lot of Powers in the domino strategy to snipe. Breloom SW to counter?
-Dusknoir DP - No room for my next attacker. Claydol is in my 3rd bench spot
-Power Spray - luckily they have at most 4

Other possible techs: Yeah like I need any more :)
Noctowl Promo - Look at opponents hand before using a switch, warp, etc ... to make sure they have a basic and no power sprays
Slowking GS - Make sure my opponent gets a basic Pokemon into his hand.

Right now I'm thinking of getting rid of a few fighting energies and Relicanth. What else? Thx

deff run with Jirachi RR, detour and final wish will help you set up fast being you have 2 stages 2's your trying to set up. when you have your bench should be 2 Machamp/Dusknoir/Lumeion/1 Claydol. would be your best way to have the bench filled. um 3 BTS 1 VS Seeker for the Palmers if it does go Late game. and prolly drop 1 or 2 Warp Energy for Cyclone's

Hmm. Never thought of Jirachi. Use it instead of Spiritomb or with them? Maybe 2 Jirachi and 1 spiritomb depending on the matchup?

Sorry I should have been clearer. My concern with Dusknoir is if my opponent has him, not me.

I'll try adding 2 more BTS and see if I have a VS seeker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back