Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Machamp recycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes guide

Okay, right now I'm just a casual poke-player, and this is my first attempt at a serious deck. I realy don’t know much about deckbuilding for competitive play, so I figured you guys could give me some advice.

Here’s my Machamp recycle deck:

Pokemon (24):

4 machop LM
2 machoke LM
4 machamp LM
2 slugma DX
2 magcargo DX (smooth over)
3 mudkip CG (submerge)
1 marshstomp CG (fighting type)
2 swampert ex
1 swampert CG (echo draw)
3 aipom

Trainers: (25)

4 holon transceiver
2 holon lass
1 holon farmer
2 holon mentor
2 holon adventurer
3 PETM
3 holon circle
2 protective orb
4 rare candy
2 windstorm

energy (11)
4 react
4 fighting
3 rainbow

Strategy is to get your reacts quickly with magcargo / lass, then use em till you loose em. Use swampert ex to load you machamp with as many as you can, attatch a fighting from your hand, and put circle in play if you can. Theoreticaly, you couldfully charge a machamp in one turn to do 120 while preventing attacks for a turn, and that’s what the deck is all about.

The aipoms and the echo draw swampert are to abuse your magcargos and get reacts/ circles, whatever

Rainbow energy because the damage happens when you play it from your hand, and swampert can get it out without the damage, plus theres lots of types in this deck, so they come in handy

This is the first deck Ive built with serious intentions, so I'm sure theres a lot to fix.
Any help would be awesome

right now, your deck lacks a solid, consistent starter, and that's key in this game. Fortunately, any time you're running Swampert EX, there's another card, a starter, that combos perfectly with it. That's DX jirachi. Its wishing star power does wonders for early game setup, and because it's a power, you can use it to get needed stuff and use Swampert EX'es power the same turn. It's the play.

I'd advise against holon circle. Yes, it might buy you a turn, but it's far more likely to do one of the following:

a) hinder you when you're ready to attack with a big Machamp-for-100 type shot, forcing you to use up a windstorm to get rid of your own stadium. In a cessation/cursed stone heavy environment, using up 2 countergyms like that will lose you games.

b) lull you into a false sense of security, whereby you leave a fully loaded machamp out there behind holon circle, only to have them windstorm or counterstadium it away and blow your fully-powered machamp out of the water without even getting to use it.

c) Give them time to prepare for your attack. You put out a Holon Circle, the absolute best you can hope to knock out when you finally do attack will be a holon castform or some other useless midgame pokemon. They'll retreat or switch out their good attacker to save it, then use it to come back and ko machamp. Alternatively, if you play some other stadium and just use Jirachi to hide behind, well, they can't afford to allow you to wait behind Jirachi turn after turn, because eventually you'll get set up to the point where they won't be able to counter everything you've got powered - 2 big machamps, each ready to do 100 at a shot, each with a protective orb, isn't an easy thing to combat.

I'd recommend either Battle Frontier or Holon Legacy instead.

I would say
-1 aipom
+1 Marshtomp

with the amount of stage 2's I cant recomend having a 3-1-3 line with a 4-2-4. So to add probability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back