Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magma Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacharyfoo

Ok i know Magma is going out of fashion.......
but hey i thought of making a fun deck and here it is!!

Pokemon
4xTM Groudon
4xTM Zangoose
1xTM Numel
2xTM Camerupt
2xTM Baltoy
2xTM Claydol

Trainers
2xMr Brineys Compassion
2xSwitch
2xCopycat
3xMaxie
2xTM Schemer
3xTM Conspirator
3xTM Ball
3xStevens Advice
3xPokemon Reversal
3xTV Reporter
2xDesert Ruins

Energy
7xFighting
1xPsychic
4xDarkness
4xMagma
2xRainbow

Ps post your rates and fixes!!!!!!!!!!
OK!! I Edited the deck

Last edited:
Looks Pretty standard the only thing I would do is go with TV Reporter over Bills but thats minor also Ex's seem to be droping off so I don't know if you really need 3 Desert Ruins but theres really not any other great stadiums for this deck but it looks great.

I;m not sure about copyright laws but, this looks like Worlds 2004 Deck but
+1 Switch,
+1 TM Ball
+2 Bill's Maintenance
and...
-1 TM Conspirator

Hi zacharyfoo,

IMHO, 3 Team Magma's Conspiritors seem just fine, you dont need another. Also, why not add in 1-2 Team Magma's Hideout, this will cripple the opponent early game when you are powering up the Magma minions. 1 Psychic, what are your chances of getting it? I suggest adding at least 3 more just in case Team Magma's Claydol is forced to attack. Other than that, the deck seems mighty fine to me. As you depend heavily on basics, fpr their swift powering up and neat TM attacks, why not add in 1 more Briney? Forgive me if the review seems pathetic, im not too sure on Magma decks myself.

Cephiro

Hey Ian!!

Cough!Icough!see2rainbowcough!inthere.........
At Worlds 2004
The top placers with Magma Decks played 1-2 Psychic energies

Last edited:
First post WOOT! neways, magma seems really cool right now since draggy seems to be on the rise again (for some strange reason) and magma has a really good matchup there. One thing I noticed is that you are playing Bill's INSTEAD OF TM Schemers. That's a big no-no. Your trainers should look something like this:

4 TM Ball
4 TM Schemers
4 TM Conspirators
3 Steven's
2 Copycat
1 Prof. Oak (emergency button in a long match where you might deck out)
2 Briney
2 Switch/Warp Point (if you damage bench/use TM Hideout, it's a nice trick)
3 Maxie (This is what Schemer is for! Draw 4 and a benched Claydol? What?!?)
1 Stadium of choice (If you go for 3 Maxie, you might be able to us BF for total Draggie pWn3ge)
2 Mt. Moon/TM Hideout

I seriously would consider not playing this deck if Zappy is popular where you are right now, bcuz they OWN magma all the time. But magma does well agianst things like Gardy, DragTrode, Blaze (sometimes), and some other rogue stuff. Have fun and GL with it.

@Shiloh: bill's has no place in this deck because it doesn't fit well with what magma tries to do: recur stuff. TM schemer can help use Maxie.

@Zacharyfoo: Shiloh is right about TVR... keep TVR before thinking about putting in schemers or conspirators.

You say you thought of making a fun deck, but it is like 95% exactly the same deck that won 15+ at Worlds 2004... Well, If you'd like to modernize it I'd bring in Shard(s) & Scott(s) and use more varied stadiums, at least add Magnetic Storm. Other than that I can't think of much, the deck is as good as it gets, but the metagame is new, with more fighting resistant stuff.

Thanx Daddiursa 4 your advice,
and i have no damn idea how the Worlds Deck looks like until i check out my friends worlds booklet
(comes in the world 2004 decks).

Maybe i could use this for Modified??

I think this deck is still very competitive. The only deck that should give you major problems is zappy. I don't know of any good tech to counter it. You could try a couple P!HEs, but in most of the other matches they're jank. Otherwise, if you just pay attention to what you're doing, you should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back