Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magmortar Turbo, Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narrishckeit

As some of you may know, I opened a previous thread regarding the deck concept. So, with help from members here at Pokegym and friends of mine I have created a rough draft run of the deck. If you see anything wrong or anything that you would suggest that I change, please let me know. Any reinforcing advice will be appriciated.

11-Basic, 5-Stage1, 4-Stage2/Level X

x4 Magmar (1R-Flare for 20)
x3 Magmortar (+20HP when R is attached)
x1 Magmortar X
x2 Togepi
x1 Togetic
x2 Togekiss
x2 Baltoy
x2 Claydol
x1 Azelf (LA)
x2 Uxie (LA)

8-Supporter, 14-Trainer

x4 Rare Candy
x3 Roseanne's Research
x4 Bebe's Search
x1 Cynthia's Feelings
x2 Night Maintenance
x2 Warp Point
x2 Premier Ball
x1 Luxury Ball

15-Basic Energy, 2-special

x15 Fire Energy
x2 Call Energy

The basic strategy of the deck is to get a Magmortar in play, syphon as many pokemon as possible from the deck via Trainer and Supporter cards then play Togekiss and use her effect to pump up to 10 Fire Energy onto my Magmortar. Then just wreck house from then on.

I would like to find a better way to shuffle Fire Energy back into my deck rather than using Night Maintenance..so any advice there would be appriciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think Night Maintenance would help you in this case. Since you're relying on Togekiss for energy acceleration, you want it to be in your deck, so it increases the likelihood of getting a higher energy count when you use Serene Grace.

After playing a few games today, I noticed that I could really use another Togepi/Togekiss. I've also added in 2 Night Maintenance. They really help pull discarded Energy back into the deck.

I have also switched out the Warp Points for Switches as I really don't need to be switching out my opponents Pokemon, Magmortar X can hit their bench if I really need to.

One problem I did notice is that since I don't have many Basic Pokemon, I tend to come across Uxie/Azelf as my only starter. Which is very bad. So I have added in a Heatran X 1-1 lineup for more options.

Any other advice?

Also, what does Delcatty do?

But with the addition of Delcatty, I would need to add in even more Pokemon. Unless someone knows of a good choice to drop out of the deck for them.

go magturbo go!!!!!

Try delcatty but it might be 2 many supporters on bench because of Togepi/Togekiss/claydol. Play test it see what happens.

well, I took out the Heatran 1-1 line, I added in the Delcatty but it doesn't seem to be worth playing unless I happen to have Togekiss in my hand with energy in my discard pile.

Delcatty is a no-go.

new ninetails runs really good i have simlar build fliped nie heads the other day and get to search deck and attach to a pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back