Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magmortar vs Electivire

MrMeches

I believe this post may have caused some of the confusion:

1) Magmortar SW was not Errata'd. The attack does 20 for each energy, and DRE provides 2 energy. It does 40 less the reduction of 10 for DRE = 30 Damage.

2) The Power states Energy card, so DRE or Scramble will activate it.

3) Per the Errata, you have to discard 2 Energy cards, so a DRE and a Basic would work or 2 DREs or 2 Basic cards.

4) Once Magmortar LV.X places the burn effect it will continue to place 3 Damage counters on a tails flip, even if Magmortar's Power is turned off or if Magmortar LV.X leaves play for that matter.

5) Again, the Errata changed the wording to flip a coin for each energy card discarded, so a Scramble gets you one flip.

BDS

A follow up to this though, with both cards doing similar style damage calculations (per the written text), should Magmortar SW have been errata as well??
It seems a little lopsided that you get the bonus with Mags and not discarding but not Vire where discarding is a must.

Thanks for any insight!

~Prof. Fish~

Sorry if you misunderstood, I wasn't saying there was a mistranslation, I was just commenting that it is interesting one is a certain way and one is the other.Thanks for the help on this though.. many have mistaken the ruling to be ALL of the same style text refer to cards now...

Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:
The three cards that were errata'd were done so based on the Japanese text that was mistranslated.
There was not a mistranslation for Magmortar SW.

Back