Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magnechu (Raichu/Magnezone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraKitazawa

I've wanted to make a Raichu deck for a long time and now I think I may have some ideal cards for it, please help as I have just thrown this together and I really want to make it happen.

Here's what I've got so far (MD-on).

Pokemon:
Pikachu HGSS03 x4
Raichu HGSS x2
Raichu Prime x1
Raichu LvX x1
Azelf LA x1
Rotom MD x1
Magnemite SF x3
Magneton SF x2
Magnezone SF x2 (x1 Magnetic Search, x1 Super Connectivity)
Magnezone Prime x1

TSS:
Sunnyshore City Gym x3
Energy Pickup x4
Rare Candy x4
Professor Oak's New Theory x3
Bebe's Search x4
Pokemon Communication x3
Pokemon Collector x3
Premier Ball x2
Palmer's Contribution x1
Luxury Ball x1
Interviewer's Questions x2

Energy:
Lightning x12

Strategy:
Basically to set up Raichu LvX as fast as I can as the active, with the bench set up with:
Magnezone #5 - Pokemon finder.
Magnezone #6 - Energy retriever.
Magnezone Prime - Draw power.

Match Results:
Vilegar - WIN (2-1)
Charphlosion - WIN (2-0)
All HGSS Primes - WIN (2-0)
Scizor Prime - WIN (2-0)
Random Prime Deck - WIN (2-0)
Charphlosion - WIN (2-0)
Absol G - WIN (2-0)

Last edited:
Raichu HGSS is the best choice imo.
100 for two energy and a discard is a good hit.

And you have no Uxie's?

There is no reason for Raquaza LA.
you can do anything with him.

Exploud line is a waste.
it never works when you need it.

I'll need the Exploud line, because otherwise things like Donphan Prime or Promocroak could easily KO my Raichus.
If they have no weakness they'd have a chance against ground types.
I suppose I could get rid or the Rayquaza though, I'll update the list.

you have 3 1-1 lines. (including the 1-0-1 Ploud)
It will be to hard to get those out.
you need to take atleast one out to make this deck consistent.

did you read what sunnyshore statium does???

Yeah I did but it's just to be sure, I might actually Exploud line out to add 2 more of them in.

---------- Post added 08/28/2010 at 06:31 PM ----------

you have 3 1-1 lines. (including the 1-0-1 Ploud)
It will be to hard to get those out.
you need to take atleast one out to make this deck consistent.

Yes, I think I will take Exploud out...
Thanks, will update. :)

You don't need Amphy, go for Magnezone (SF) instead to keep Raichu hitting for 100 a turn. I'd go:

-2 Amphy/Mareep
-1 Rotom
-1 Sunyshore
-2 Fisherman (with Mag you'll have energy going to the field instead of the hand)
-3 Switch (Rai has free retreat anyway, and Warp Point is better in most situations)

+2-0-2 Magnezone
+2 Energy Pickup
+2 Warp Point
+1 Palmer's (this deck won't work well lategame but Palmer's keeps it from being a complete lost cause later on)

Additionally, you're going to want to go with 3 HGSS Rais, plus the lvl X.

This should be more consistent. More Energy Pickups wouldn't hurt for when you don't have a 'zone out, and Garchomp C might be worth trying as he also pairs well with Magnezone and you already have the lvl X support. Maybe instead of Electivire, I dunno.

For me:

Pikachu SF x4
Raichu HGSS x2
Raichu Prime x1
Raichu LvX x1
Uxie LA x2
Uxie LvX
Azelf LA x1
Magnemite SF x2
Magneton SF x1
Magnezone SF x2 (SF #5)

For me Electivire FB isn't that good. Magnezone is better, also if it is a stage2.

Im with Lloyd that Magnezone is the better option over Electivire FB, and in mot cases #5 is the preferred version, but surely Magnezone #6 suits the deck better. For 10 damage, you can search your dicard for a lightning/metal energy and attach it to your active. Yes, Magnezone #5 provides search power, but with Bebe's, Collector, and Communication that isnt what you are lacking. I personally would agree with the 2-1-2 line, but have 1 of each Magnezone or simply 2 of the #6 version. Looks like a pretty solid build otherwise, the changes you made are positive, Rayquaza was flippy and inconsistent. I am an experienced player (11 years at league), but I have been out of the game for a year so I dont know the solution, but I see a major problem with Donphan Prime. There is Dewgong FB which can OHKO it for two energy, but this is going to take up a minimum of three spaces, (Seel, Dewgong and Water Energy). Lastly I love the concept of this deck, and I would just recommend one final change, Super Scoop Up and Energy Pickup are both 0 or 4 cards if you know what I mean. They are both flippy and you cant rely on getting heads every match with 2 of each. I would remove one of these cards compeltely and run 4 of the other, In favour of Super Scoop Up imo. I hope my input helped so yeah good luck with the deck,
Pyrocitor, Peace

Oh sorry!
I mean Magnezone #6 ....
The SF #5 one for me isn't necessary.

Raichu needs a costant energy support.
So my list with no error is:

Pikachu SF x4
Raichu HGSS x2
Raichu Prime x1
Raichu LvX x1
Uxie LA x2
Uxie LvX
Azelf LA x1
Magnemite SF x2
Magneton SF x1
Magnezone SF x2 (SF #6)

Appreciate it Lloyd, I thought it may have been a mistake, good job we corrected her so she uses the right one int he deck. Glad to help LauraKitzagawa xx
Still think Donphan Prime is very problematic though,
Peace

Last edited:
Oh, I actually thought that one of each would be a good set up, to get Pokemon and Energies, plus with 2 damage per turn on my own Pokemon isn't very nice. D:
Are there any good T/S that retreive Energies from Discard Pile??
Donphan won't be a massive problem if I have a Sunnyshore City Gym in play. :)

Hey Laura youre right, I am sorry, I did not realise Sunyshore covers your weakness too. I dont think Magnezone's Power is stackable anyways so 1 of each seems good. As for reliable Energy Retrieval its something the current modified format is unfortunately lacking. Energy Pickup is flippy so unless you can find space for four I dont recommend it. Volkners Philosophy is a viable option because you have search power, but no draw power, and you can discard a lightning energy and reattach it with Magnezone. Palmers Contribution could be useful for late game grinding though the Pokemon and Energy return to the deck rather than the hand. My final recommendation is Engineers Adjustments for the exact same reason as Volkners, its a straight choice between them, Glad to be of assistance Laura, please feel free to add me as a friend, Pyrocitor x
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back