Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Magnezone dp-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeynumber1

ok, so no one has posted a magnezone list on here and i thought i would post mine. its main problems are energy acceleration, which isnt the biggest problem but could be better, not really many opitons to put in here. Also the speed is a little slower than i would like, as to be expected. but overall it runs really good, heres the list.

1 Magnezone lv. X
3 Magnezone
2 Magneton
4 Magnemite
3 Claydol
3 Baltoy
1 Minun
3 Jirachi

4 rare candy
4 POV
3 Roseannes
2 Nm
1 premier ball
3 Poke-radar
1 warp point
3 amulet coin
1 bubble coat

8 basic metal
4 special metal
2 lightning

ok, so stratagy is to get claydol and magnezone out t2-t3 and get 3 energy on magnezone. build up 3-5 energy on it so you can OHKO anything you need to and hurt others as needed. Since this guy can take a few hits, sometimes moving energy with the lv. X to other magnezones is benificial only doing 80 with your active one. Use your special metals wisely, you only get 4 which can make a huge differance with magnezones huge hp. Use the lv. X attack against things like torterra, or other things you cant one hit kill or need to lock up front. here are some matchups that I've playtested.

Kingdra 40-60

they are faster than you, so you need to play a little defensive. The first kingdra isn't to threatening just 80 it and 80 again, while building up a new magnezone. This is a really hard match to win, and if kingdra plays alakazam tech then i would make this a 30-70.

Eeveelutions 50-50

Watch out for flareon, other than that your big hp and metal energy should give you the advantage tilting it to 55-45. Glaceon is weak so that helps a lot.

Garchomp 60-40

you should be a little faster than them, and you hit a little harder. play more bubble coat in your deck if garchomp is heavy in your area. once again your special metals make all the differance.

Scorpio 50-50

they are faster than you but your hp is so big that it is hard for them to kill you easily. You are forced to attack the venamoth or you will be taking 60- a turn from the lv. X attack. warp point really helps you in this match. Shuckle makes this match difficult if the lv. X isnt out. use free retreat to get rid of any condition on it.

These are all the matchups i can think of right now, more coming soon.

Last edited:
Well, Most Garchomp decks out there are T1, like what I have. Togekiss is the reason why T1 Garchomp is so good, And I think you should add in that same ingredient to Magnezone. Reduce the Claydol line to about 2-2 for a Togekiss line, and reduce the POV for Felicity's. I hope that helped. Or Maybe try electivire (SW) =/

~Norman

i cant find enough room without messing up the decks consistancy to fit in togakiss, if you can then post it. and why electivire, i dont think that would help at all, i dont rely on attacking with the lv. x i just use it for its power and random attacks for disruption.

Wait till the new Magnezones comes, the one that can pump a M or L from discard to the active by putting 10 on the active. You can instant pull off his Cyber Shock with the help of Electivire and move it up to Magnezone Lv. X. Or you can use the other one that can SEARCH your deck for a M or L to their hand.

Ahhhhhh noooooooooo

Wheres your Vire line???? o_O

You NEED a 3-2-1-1 (SWbuzz, SW,DP,Lv.x) line for the deck to be any good.

and azfel (LA) tech find Magnezone lv. X in the prizes in case 4-2-3-1 magnezone Lv-X line

Yea i was just thinking that earlier today. ill put it in tomarrow and try it when i get time.

and everyone that says play it with vire, do you read the stratagey? i dont use the lv. X souly to attack, mostly for its power. the deck runs fine without electivire and if you dont believe me test it a few times.

Last edited:
If the main concern is getting energy back, wouldn't a single LA Rayquaza be much simpler? That would give you room for a 1-1 Palkia which works well with the Magnezone because you can retreat it (and Palkia Lvl X is easy to get because it was in the tin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back