Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Manchester Fanboy Three BR, UK.

So then, who was down at Manchester on Saturday?

Here's my report.

Got up early and wrote out decklist and got my stuff together before getting breakfast and heading off down to Manchester from Bradford at like... half 8. Boring train ride down there as I had no music and no DS (battery wasn't charged >_>). Get to Fanboy at about half 10. Wait around for a while and watch a few games, while also getting into a game of YGO just before the round goes up. Turnout isn't that great and we're forced to have a mixed division tournament.

Round 1: Luxray/Manectric vs DialgaChomp.
I was a constant pain to his plans and he had a bad hand game 1 and scoops, get called a sack numerous times over the match, but eventually run out of steam in the following two games and he takes 2-1.

Also, I meant to ask. What's the official stance on using foreign cards in official tourneys? He had an Uxie of another language, but I let it slide as I wasn't aware of what the rules said about this.

Round 2: Luxray/Manectric vs CurseGar
End up having a very friendly game. I see a few turns of Trainer lock due to my opponent opening with double Gastly both games and charging the benched one into a Gengar. Both times, the active Gastly falls to my Shinx, and then I get to use trainers and start putting more pressure onto the field. At the end of the match, time was called and she made a mistake. Put out Gengar Lv X while I had a fully charged Luxray on the bench. On my following turn, brought Luxray in for a 150 damage Shock Bolt for game. I took 2-0

Round 3: Luxray/Manectric vs Eevee-tar
I misplayed so much in this game >_> I was too trigger happy with getting my evolutions into play and got walled by Umbreon's Moonlight Fang, allowing him to set up Tyranitar Prime, and have it tank through my Pokemon. He takes 2-0.

Round 4: Luxray/Manectric vs SP Zard
I see that my opponent is using the Fire Draw engine, but later see the use of Dragonite FB and Charizard G. He gets out a Ninetales early on in the first game but in both games, falls into only drawing energy and evolutions and can't do anything. I take 2-0

England is part of Europe. An OP region where all language cards except Japanese are legal for play.

Manchester BR

:pokeball:Yeah, I came against the same guy, was wondering that also. Btw can you not use Japanese holo energies like the HGSS ones released late 2009? Thanks.

Player Reward Points

nopoke, do you know if Prereleases count towards Player Rewards Points? I've asked around but got different answers :p Thanks.

I played every week in League since December 2009 as well as 2 other members of my family, but we received nothing all year? I had a few issues with my account last season but my two siblings should have got player rewards at very least. Is there any way of both getting my and their old player rewards from the past season gone as well as sorting out the current rewards this season, or can I only do the latter? I have contacted P!P concerning my siblings rewards not registering atm but mine for the two tournaments I've been in are showing correctly; however nothing so far for League seesions I or they have been in (I didn't realise League sessions counted as well; we would have definitely had rewards for all the League sessions we've been to so far)...Anyways, if you can see a way of doing both, I'd be grateful; thanks nopoke.

its one point per reported league season not one point per week (just in case you thought it was)

to be honest I've never understood how the player rewards work in the UK. I didn't get any rewards last time either, yet other members of the family did.

PM me your player IDs and I can have a look at your settings to make sure that you accumulate the points in future. Don't think there is anythng I can do regarding missing rewards. For those your best bet is to contact customer services.

Back