Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Mandibuzz(post emerging powers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

So, I was looking at the scans of the cards coming out in emerging powers, and found this interesting deck idea:

4-2-2 Mandibuzz (emerging powers vullaby, 2 bw mandi, 2 emerging powers mandi)
3-3 Liepard(Purrloin and Liepard from emerging powers)
2-2 Weavile
1-1 Donphan
1-1-1 Tyranitar

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Judge
2 Copycat
2 Bianca
3 Super Scoop Up
4 P. comm.
3 Pokemon Catcher(gust of wind)
2 Energy Exchanger
1 Switch

4 Sp :dark:
7 :dark:
3 :fighting:

Translations:
Vullaby:
Basic-50 hp
:dark: Rear Guard
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this pokemon by attacks is reduced by 30(after applying weakness and resistance).
:dark::colorless: Gust 20
weakness: :lightning:X2 Resistance: :fighting:-20 Retreat: :colorless:

Mandibuzz:
stage 1: evolves from vullaby-90 hp
:dark: Bone Rush: 30x
flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.
:colorless::colorless: Dark pulse: 20+
Does 10 more damage for each :dark: energy attach to all of your pokemon.
Weakness: :lightning:x2 Resistance: :fighting:-20 Retreat: :colorless:

Purrloin:
Basic-60hp
:dark::colorless: Knock off: 20
Flip a coin. If heads, discard a random card from your opponent's hand.
Weakness: :fighting:x2 Resistance: :psychic:-20 Retreat: :colorless:

Liepard:
stage 1: Evolves from Purrloin-80hp
:dark: Feint Attack
Does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's pokemon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on that pokemon.
:dark::colorless::colorless: Claw Rend: 50+
If the Defending Pokemon already has damage counters on it, this attack does 30 more damage.
Weakness: :fighting:x2 Resistance: :psychic:-20 Retreat: :colorless:

Bianca: Supporter
Draw until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Strategy:
The basic strategy of the deck is to spread around damage to use Mandibuzz's Blindside for 50 damage wherever there are damage counters. The great thing with Liepard is that her spreading attack makes it so you can do 30 damage to a Donphan or Samurott without their pokebody/ability reducing the damage to 10. Tyranitar is also a great card for spread because it does 20 to each non-dark type. Along with spread in this deck, its also about disruption. Weavile makes it so you can throw away good schtuff in your opponent's hand. Judges have disruption factor. The rest is pretty much plain and simple. Donphan is for the Magnezone match up since Mandibuzz and Yanmega have weakness to :lightning:. Liepard is also good if Gothitelle ever gets hyped enough to play competitive because it has resistance to :psychic:. So, tell me what you think, things i should change, all that stuff.

Kthxbai,
~N.

Last edited:
Personally, Id wait for the December set to get Bisharp and play it up with Kingdra. There's just too much going on here! And Liepard is just a bad card, and trust me when I tell you it PAINS me to say so. Liepard is my favorite B/W Pokemon.

Personally, Id wait for the December set to get Bisharp and play it up with Kingdra. There's just too much going on here! And Liepard is just a bad card, and trust me when I tell you it PAINS me to say so. Liepard is my favorite B/W Pokemon.

This was mostly just an interesting idea I had, the most this deck will ever do if I make it is go to league. Also, with the december set coming, that is to say IF Bisharp gets printed.

---------- Post added 08/14/2011 at 07:51 PM ----------

edit: changed out cards for a 1-1-1 line of t-tar

This was mostly just an interesting idea I had, the most this deck will ever do if I make it is go to league. Also, with the december set coming, that is to say IF Bisharp gets printed.

Well, I highly doubt he won't, but in any case it's just my opinion on the matter. Either way, I dont think Liepard is worth the space regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back