Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MandiTar!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

Alright, so I was looking at the different black and white cards coming out and saw mandibuzz. Now this, I found amusing so I was just going through cards to figure what would go good with it, and. . .I came up with this:

Decklist:(deck changes are in blue )

Pokemon:
4-3-3 T-tar prime
3-3 Mandibuzz
4 spiritomb
2 uxie
1 azelf
2 Crobat G
T:S:S:
3 Poke Collector
2 Bebe's
3 seeker
3 Energy Exchanger
bts
2 Expert belt
2 pokedex
1 professor juniper
2 pont
2 Poke-turns
NRG:

4 dark(sp)
4 dark
3 warp
1 Dce

Unprinted card descriptions!

Vullaby:
Vullaby – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[D] Surprise Attack: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1
Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz – Darkness – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Vullaby
[D] Blindside: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon that already has damage counters on it, and do 50 damage to that Pokemon.
[D][C][C] Punishment: 40 damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is a Stage 2 Evolved Pokemon, this attack does an additional 60 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Pokedex(I dont know if this needs it but whatever):
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck and put them back on top of your deck in any order.
You may play as many Items as you want during your turn
Professor Juniper(oak -_-):
Professor Juniper
Trainer – Supporter
Discard your hand and draw 7 cards.
You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Strategy

Okay so Basically the main strategy is to get out t-tar and Mandibuzz as fast as possible. Pursue t-tar up and use darkness howl to put 20 on every non-dark type pokemon in play. Now, since both your main cards are dark types, and the only non-darks are pixies, you're probably not gonna get damage on your pokemanz. After you spread damage with t-tar, you bring up Mandibuzz and use Blindside to make one of those pokemon that took 20 also take another 50 damage. You can use other attacks if you really need to, but it's not advised ^^;

Well I hope you enjoyed, and please give me suggestions,

~N.

Last edited:
I think this is not needed:
Profesor Juniper (take that out for 1 Bebe's)
Pokedex (take these out for 1 BTS and 1 Collector)
Umbreon (take the line out for 2 DCE)
4-4 Mandibuzz (at least keep it at 3-3, take the 2 cards and switch them with 1 Pupitar and 1 PONT)

If you have problems with it just tell me.

I think this is not needed:
Profesor Juniper (take that out for 1 Bebe's)
Pokedex (take these out for 1 BTS and 1 Collector)
Umbreon (take the line out for 2 DCE)
4-4 Mandibuzz (at least keep it at 3-3, take the 2 cards and switch them with 1 Pupitar and 1 PONT)

If you have problems with it just tell me.

I like your idea for taking out juniper for bebe's
with pokedex i will probably do the bts, but I feel that 4 collector is to much. After awhile, it just clogs your hand.
if you have other suggestions for replacing umbreon with something then maybe I will taking out it. I just dont feel I need more dce since I am mostly using their first moves. Maybe some energy exchangers?
since mandibuzz is the MAIN main person in this strategy I would like to keep it 4-4.

Sorry if I disagree with so many things but eh, I dont know, some of the things I just dont feel need to be takin' out. But, also I may change my mind once this sat. comes and hopefully I get mandibuzz's. ^^;

I like your idea for taking out juniper for bebe's
with pokedex i will probably do the bts, 1. but I feel that 4 collector is to much. After awhile, it just clogs your hand.
2. if you have other suggestions for replacing umbreon with something then maybe I will taking out it. 3. I just dont feel I need more dce since I am mostly using their first moves. 4. Maybe some energy exchangers?
5. since mandibuzz is the MAIN main person in this strategy I would like to keep it 4-4.

Sorry if I disagree with so many things but eh, I dont know, some of the things I just dont feel need to be takin' out. But, also I may change my mind once this sat. comes and hopefully I get mandibuzz's. ^^;

(stuff numbered I will respond to below)

1. If it does clog your hands, thats good stuff for Azelf and Bebe's. But if you want 3, thats fine. But, I would go with 4.

2. I feel that either use Mandibuzz or Umbroen.

3. did you see the move Punishment? It will be used for Machamp/

4. that would be nice to get those DCE.

5. I can't explane the reason very good. But, at most 3-3. It's not really the main Pokemon, it's a tech for T-tar.

BTW MandiTar is such a girl name. Go with somehting other than "Mandi" in the name. That seems girlish to me.

I have no idea how MandiTar sounds girlish, considering it has man in it, and so what if it does?

1) I would honestly include more DCE, T-tar has more and better attacks than it's first one.
2) 4 Collectors is viable as I've found that with these kind of decks you get inconsistent draws, but 3 is fine if you don't have the same problem.
3) +1 BTS, you want 3 unless you're running another stadium.
4)Keep Juniper, gets rid of anything clogging your hand.
5) Take out Umbreon line, it just becomes too much, you'll find out.
6) No idea why you want rare candies, they're gonna turn into pokemon breeder, so I'd change the T-tar line to 4-3-3, also spiritomb stops rare candy..
7) -1 Sableye + 1 Spiritomb, pick one or the other, Spiritomb is better for t-tar.
8) Put put put 2 expert belts in, Being able to KO their active easily with a Sp.Dark and an expert belt as well as doing 20 to everything else is such a good feeling.

This may seem like a lot of changes, but it's only little tweaks, overall the decklist is very good.

I have no idea how MandiTar sounds girlish, considering it has man in it, and so what if it does?

1) I would honestly include more DCE, T-tar has more and better attacks than it's first one.
2) 4 Collectors is viable as I've found that with these kind of decks you get inconsistent draws, but 3 is fine if you don't have the same problem.
3) +1 BTS, you want 3 unless you're running another stadium.
4)Keep Juniper, gets rid of anything clogging your hand.
5) Take out Umbreon line, it just becomes too much, you'll find out.
6) No idea why you want rare candies, they're gonna turn into pokemon breeder, so I'd change the T-tar line to 4-3-3, also spiritomb stops rare candy..
7) -1 Sableye + 1 Spiritomb, pick one or the other, Spiritomb is better for t-tar.
8) Put put put 2 expert belts in, Being able to KO their active easily with a Sp.Dark and an expert belt as well as doing 20 to everything else is such a good feeling.

This may seem like a lot of changes, but it's only little tweaks, overall the decklist is very good.

Thanks Rambo I think you helped me out a lot actually. Like I said I don't know for sure how to do this deck to the fullest yet 'til either the pre-release tomorrow, or Monday when the set comes out. So yeah, I will definatly be making decklist updates soon

This guy is certainly playable to some extent. That extent, though, is unknown. I would avoid playing bulky stage 2s in this upcoming format. Unless you have very good justification for it, that isn't really worth it. I'd rather play Abomasnow SF than gengar prime. Abomasnow is a bit more versatile and doesn't require time and other resources to set up. This does require tact with your energy count, though. If you're playing Mandibuzz to hit hard against dark types, you're doing it wrong entirely. Mandibuzz decks cannot survive long games. The second attack helps in desparation, but Mandibuzz is at its best when the opponent is weak. I'd recommend you play a bit of disruption so that using Mandibuzz + Crobat G will help you remove any chance of setting up that you're opponent had. Punishment is very good, and it is justification to run DCE and E-belt, but it isn't enough to make a deck. It does really help make Mandibuzz a deck. Being able to remove the 1 big hitter from the board and then proceed to sweep the game is very powerful. I fear, though, for the deck's shot against SP. Mandibuzz on his own (and with natural helpers) are very ill-equipped to take down SP. Garchomp's healing breath and Poketurn makes spreading SP nearly impossible. Keep trying though... I really like Mandibuzz and want to see him do well. Until we remove his obvious weaknesses, he cannot be as good as we want him to be.
~the quote Made by Z-man~ good point since your not runnin just
hgss-on

~the quote Made by Z-man~ good point since your not runnin just
hgss-on

as the quote says, I was thinking of maybe putting in some crobat gs when I take out the rare candies and re-adjust the t-tar line. Right now I am about to post the edited version.

---------- Post added 04/22/2011 at 08:57 PM ----------

Okay, updated list is up. Tell me if I should add anything else if needed ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back