Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Manhattan Beach, CA CC Report

GKOTM

Sooooo I've never done a tourney report before BUT I think this one in particular deserves one. I'll skip to the Top 8 unless you guys really want to hear about swiss. I'm playing Kingdra btw and went in as a 3 seed after Glen dropped (I think; it looks like I was originally listed as a four seed?).

Top 8 Match: vs Ricky G. (Machamp)

Game 1: I get a lone Horsea start vs. his lone Machop start, with him going second. He plays some stuffs and then gets the double Poke Drawer for Champ and Candy and Roseanne's for the TI win. DONK #1. (0-1)

His friend jokes about me donking him back. I didn't think it was gonna happen since I didn't get a donk all day long. Onto game 2.

Game 2: My start is Uxie active, with Unown G and Baltoy benched against his lone Unown G start, with me going second of course. I get the double Poke Drawer in my opening hand with a Water for the T1 win (Psychic Restore + 2 Pluspower + Psychic weak = OHKO). DONK #2. (1-1)

So at this point we've only spent about 5 minutes playing. We're due for a good, long game 3 right?

Game 3: I get a lone Baltoy start against his lone Unown G start, with him going second. He's able to bench a Machop, play Warp Point, attach a Fighting energy and then double Poke Drawer for Champ and Candy for the T1 win. DONK #3 gg. (1-2)

My top cut experience took all of SIX MINUTES, and we spent more time shuffling than playing lol. Pretty funny though!

No props/slops. See ya.

Last edited:
When Leo reported the Match, I'm thinking, wait, doesn't he mean 'Game' to Ricky? Anyway, amazing report about an amazing event. We all saw it!

Yeah bro i was like who ever goes 2nd first game wins the whole thing lol. I was completely bluffing about it though. Good performance today :thumb:

best match
here detailed info

6:45 min to finish all 3 matches

match 1 clocked at 27 sec

match 2 clocked 46 sec

match 3 1:03 min

shuffling lasted longer then matches. lol

ricky went on to win event.

Last edited:
bulbasnore said:
When Leo reported the Match, I'm thinking, wait, doesn't he mean 'Game' to Ricky? Anyway, amazing report about an amazing event. We all saw it!

Hehe yeah. I don't think I've ever been booted out of a top cut so quick. Thanks for the event.

Gabriel said:
Yeah bro i was like who ever goes 2nd first game wins the whole thing lol. I was completely bluffing about it though. Good performance today

Thanks!

kirbypopstarhero said:
best match final

here detailed info

6:45 min to finish all 3 matches

match 1 clocked at 27 sec

match 2 clocked 46 sec

match 3 1:03 min

shuffling lasted longer then matches. lol

ricky went on to win event.

We spent about 2 minutes playing and 4 minutes shuffling. Niiiice. It'll probably be the highlight of the event for me.

Back