Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Maryland/Delaware players

Hi, I'm looking to start a league/club to play on Maryland's Eastern Shore/Delaware, for those who dont wanna go all the way to the Baltimore area or Northern Delaware to play. If we have enough interest, we can get someone to enter the Professor Program, and start an actual branch here (I'm in Easton). Post here if you are interested. Thanks!! ^^ :thumb:

I'm a Delaware player, but I don't mind a bit of a commute. However, as a nice median between Delaware and Maryland, I propose if it's possible to have the Pokemon League/Club in Salisbury, MD. If we couldn't get officially recognized, there's a nice mall called the Centre at Salisbury where we could put tables together to play. If we were going to go official, then we could use ask the Toysrus that's in town if they'd be interested (they used to host the TCG League back with WotC were running it). Also, I suggested the mall for "unofficial clubbing" due to it being a public and open place. So it's a safe place for everyone, and also the mall courtyard has free wi-fi.

I'm sure anyone on the Eastern shore that would like to commute to attend meetings would be more than welcome. So no matter if you're from Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, or wherever is more than welcome.

It might be worth asking mall information if you could do official league meetings at those tables in that mall.

How far is Lusby, MD from where you guys want to set up?

Lusby is about an hour/hour and a half. I used to go there alot, and i probably still will until we start this project. they are great people, and they even offered to help me start my league. Where are you from?

Lusby is about an hour/hour and a half. I used to go there alot, and i probably still will until we start this project. they are great people, and they even offered to help me start my league. Where are you from?

Don't mean to interrupt, but Tim(ShadowCard), our LL, is from here in VA. We're 2 Hrs. away from
Lusby, 3-3.5 hrs. from where you are talking about.

I am a league leader in the Northern Virginia area. Despite that, I'm not too familiar with Maryland geography, so when you said that there was no league on Maryland's eastern shore, I tought that was where Lusby was. I guess you're further south?

Are there places that you have already asked or are thinking about trying to start a league? For the Salisbury location, see if you can verify with Mall Information if you can have formal league sessions in the mall area as opposed to informal gatherings. This will enable you to be advertised on the league locator.

It was suggested to me that leagues could be in a park. I don't really like this idea because stuff gets dirty too easily and you're at the mercy of the weather. One of my leagues is in a library and has grown beyond expectations. For both parks and libraries, you cannot charge any money, fyi.

Also, you made a mention about getting someone into the professor program. A LL does not have to be a professor. Also, you don't have to have a league to be a professor. If you're 18 or older now, I recommend you become a professor anyway. That enables other professors who are looking for another LL to find you if they want to start a league somewhere that happens to be near you.

Okay apparently a new league sprouted up without me knowing it, as there wasn't one about 3 months ago XD For those that are interested here is the relevant data

Snowpoint City (5/31/2008-7/5/2008)
[no season in progress]
Sunyshore City (7/12/2008-8/16/2008)
Contact Information
Email:
[email protected]
Phone:
302-236-6454
Store Information
Address:
101 North Bi State Blvd
City: