Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ Massachusetts States (3/21/09) Discussion ~

PokeDaddy

Good Evening!

Let's have a great discussion about this:
  • Who is coming?
  • How far are you traveling to come to MA States?
  • What will be the BDIF in each age division?
  • What will you play?
  • (Let's keep the bravado to a minimum)
Let's break 200!

Thanks,
Steve
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Massachusetts State Championship for the 2008-2009 season is this weekend, 3/21/09. This is a free event. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends promptly at 9:45 a.m.

Massachusetts States
~ Saturday, March 21st, 2009 ~
TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA, 01757, (508) 404-8245, www.tjcollect.com
Additional information about MA States can be found here: MA States Info

Info:
K-Value: 32.
The first of the big Premier Events, this championship series allows players to test their mettle against the best players in their state, province, or territory. Prizes include trophies, booster packs, and other cool Pokémon-themed items. Winners in some markets receive a Travel Allowance to their National Championships. For all information pertaining to States, please visit the OP website, States FAQ, which can be found by clicking here
|

Haw? Haw?
Maybe i will come to Mass to scared Haw? Haw? did you win 3 Cities get 4 Seconds and go 8-0 to win a States on your first year Plaiyng?
and it's spelled A Y L A M

Lol, so you say you get 3 cities wins and 4 second and states going 6-0(8-0) yet you are going to a place where there is most likly no compotion for the easy win. Don't you want to defend your title, or do you want people to lose respect for you.

I've heard of a lot of NYers and even NJers coming. I'll be there (almost definitely now!) and I'm looking to go one place up from RI. ;)

Momma-rock Is In The House

Ok Everyone Get Ready For Mommarock Report..

We All Got Up Early And Two Of My Boys Headed Up To Nh States And Two Of My Boys And Myself Headed To Ri States..
Always Have A Great Time With My People From Ri League.. (one Of Theb Best Leagues Around If Not The Best...

First Round I Lost To My Girl Twiggy...
Second Round Won
Third Round Won
Fourth Lost
Fifth Won

I Didn't Do All That Great But I Had A Ball....
And My Son Alex Made Top Four (would Of Been Top 2 But Lost On Time..
Mommarock Hates When People Run The Clock... Shame On You...
But In The End Gino Lombardi Took It All.... And He Is From Our League And Like One Of Mine So I Was Happy..

But The Best Part Of The Day Was Aylam Taking It All... Just Running Through Everything.. Great Job Aylam..
All I Have To Say Is Ri In The House..

Props
Brian Jessing Judging (your The Man)
Ri Bringing Home The Medals (aylam And Gino And Duncan )
To My Girl Twiggy And Dan I Love You Guys And Your The Best
Tom And Judy For Running A Great Event
My Boys For Doing Good
To Blazes You Guys Are The Best
To Mark Senior For Being Such A Good Sport
To My Boy Josh For Doing A Good Job
Mathew J. For Doing A Great Job
Oh Yeah Did I Forget To Say How Great Ri League Is
To My Favorite Pal Hanaan For Just Being There
Good Job James And Jimmy

Thomas A. For Taking Nh ( Seniors)
Con Le For Taking Nh (masters)

Slops

Not Being With My Other Boys (jon And Con)
Maria Not Being There
Slow Play
Brian And Chris Not Being There (brian Wait Til I See You)
Judy For Being In Nh And Not With Us (we Love You Tom But Judy Is The Bomb)

Well I Guess Thats It Will See Everyone In Mass.....
Mommarock

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY MOMMA!!! And Aylam, don't be scared of one person, ever.

Danny and I will be going to Mass, and I gatta say, I think the competition is ganna be worse than this past weekend, which is close to impossible, especially if the whole Frezza family is ganna be there, and Steve, we didn't see you in RI!! But we'll be seeing you in MA, right?

And momma, I love ya, I'm sorry me and Danny gave you such a hard time Saturday!!<3

And anyone who wants to play test on Friday for Saturday's state champs, come by Disposable in RI, home of three state champs!!!

Lol, so you say you get 3 cities wins and 4 second and states going 6-0(8-0) yet you are going to a place where there is most likly no compotion for the easy win. Don't you want to defend your title, or do you want people to lose respect for you.

Hes proven himself all year long!....Massachusetts states will be bigger then Maines by a landslide but it don't matter which 1 he goes to becuz during citys he's beating all the competetion from the massachusetts area and more so of the new england area! Saturday he went undefeated with a split amount of senior players from around the new england region + northeast area.

Be thankful hes not going to massachusettes. Egging him on to go isnt smart becuz if he goes Im pretty sure hes gonna be mass state champ as well as the RI states champ. :cool: Also going out to Maine vs. MA is smart becuz he saves the risk of losing premier rating points and has the potential to go to US Nats with another travel award. Good Job aylam im proud of ur pokemon skills this year. You've improved so much since I first met u so Keep it up! :thumb:

TEAM UNDERGROUND!!!!!

• Who is coming? - Me! (& Stephen)
  • How far are you traveling to come to MA States? - about an hour
  • What will be the BDIF in each age division? - too varied to guess
  • What will you play? - Judgment (sorry not a deck - i'll be working it)

Here's my spheel:

* Who is coming? - Joe M,Ray R,Steve K,Tim C
* How far are you traveling to come to MA States? - 2 hours
* What will be the BDIF in each age division? - 15+ masters for all of us
* What will you play? - I'm playing speed champ which i made 12th in Jersey states with

The rumor s about NY/NJ states is true. I talked to a NY player and they said they are working on a convoy to MA . They havent confirmed anything yet but they said they were thinking of it.

See You in Mass Saturday!

Maybe i wanna help my Dad and get another 300 travel award to Nats

Aylam: Very proud of your accomplishments. You are on a role - keep it up - where ever you go. And yes, helping by getting the 300 is a very noble, wise, and good thing. We parents don't have money trees.

True, true... Guess your right.
Blaziken: Glad you understand. Aylam is fearless, as are you. Let's keep this fun.

Steve, we didn't see you in RI!! But we'll be seeing you in MA, right?
Twiggy: We were in NH. I was HJ up there, that's why we weren't in RI. We will be in MA, I'm HJing.

Hes proven himself all year long!....Massachusetts states will be bigger then Maines by a landslide but it don't matter which 1 he goes to becuz during citys he's beating all the competetion from the massachusetts area and more so of the new england area! Saturday he went undefeated with a split amount of senior players from around the new england region + northeast area.

Be thankful hes not going to massachusettes. Egging him on to go isnt smart becuz if he goes Im pretty sure hes gonna be mass state champ as well as the RI states champ. :cool: Also going out to Maine vs. MA is smart becuz he saves the risk of losing premier rating points and has the potential to go to US Nats with another travel award. Good Job aylam im proud of ur pokemon skills this year. You've improved so much since I first met u so Keep it up! :thumb:

TEAM UNDERGROUND!!!!!
Gino: Aylam is a great player. No doubt. You are right on with his skills and the fact that getting the extra cash in ME might be a good move. There are a lot of Seniors in the North East that are excellent players. Your pride in TEAM UNDERGROUND is note worthy however, do not discount the high number of excellent Senior players that will be at MA states. I am not writing to promote any one kid (you know what I mean). Just let Aylam's record stand for itself. Since the ban for you is lifted at TJ's Store, are you coming?

Mass is going to be fun, fast, and fair. Hope you can all come down.

Change of plans... I'm going to Mass
* How far are you traveling to come to MA States? - 45 Minutes
* What will you play? - Speed Kingdra
* Who is coming? - Aylam R,Alex F,Tony F,Michelle R

Last edited:
Steve - Before my ban was lifting I had planned to go to NY States. I was going to go to Milford but I had already planned to go to NY with some friends. I was gonna change my mind but I thought about it and I dont want to get in the way of friends at milford so Im gonna go to NY. It helps my teamates and the new england area by doing this.

On the whole aylam thing I wasnt discounting any SR players at MA states because we have alot of talent in that area. Our Nats/Worlds Performances in that age division shows for itself. I was only defending one of the SR players.

6 days left till states!!! Let it ROCKKKKKK!!!!!:cool:

hahahahahahahahaahhah eric saying sorry when aylam was being all arrogant and stuff.

Im going, 45 mins?
Idk wat im playing, but i hope it wins.
hahahan champ bdif soooo many g w/o tox. haha gl guys.

Back