Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Match resolution

Garuda

In a best of 3 game at our State last week I had the following scenario:

It was 1-0 for my opponent, when the judge come to call time, I draw my 4th prize against the 3 my opponent had take in 2nd game. Wich, in my interpretation of the rulebook, would lead to me winning game2 and going to a single prize sudden death in game 3.

BUT

The judge had given +3 turns to be played, beggining at my opponent, and by his final turn he took his 4th prize, wich tied the match for 4x4 in prizes. Then, the judge said my opponent had won the match.

I would like to clarify this once and for all, so these discussions wouldn't happen again.

Thnx

I'm not going to discuss a particular match in a case like this, because I may not be getting the entire story.

However, here are the match rules that would affect the second game:

Player A wins game 1.
When time is called on game 2, three more turns are played, regardless of the current game state of Game 2. (unless Game 2 has completed, of course)
After those three turns, the Game State is evaluated.
The first thing to check is to see if either player has drawn at least 4 prizes.
If neither have, the game does not count and the winner of Game 1 is the winner of the match.
If one or both players have, then how many remaining prizes each player has is compared, and if one player has taken more prizes, that player is the winner.

If both players have the same amount of prizes taken, the game continues until one player has fewer prizes remaining.
That player is then the winner of Game 2.

If the standings are one game each, then a Sudden Death game would be set up to resolve the match. The starting player would be determined by a coin flip.

Back