Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Matt pulls 7th Medal

Tommy's Back

Well, as you can read above i ended up winning today out of many many many MANY hard games. Well, i woke up that morning at 5 am and stayed up until 3 building my deck lol. So Banette is my choice, this deck won me a total of 3 cities before, so i had to play it at the last city i could go to. So we get there and i see Jason, and we talk and register, the registration took almost 2 hours, SO MANY LITTLE KIDS!!! They say top 2, everyone in seniors frowns lol, Then they post pairings for the first round, Jason says: "See you in top man", I agree with him.

Round 1: Some kid with a random deck

Sorry i don't remember, 2 hours of sleep doesn't give you much memory, all i know is i won t-3 by killing a typhlosion DF

Why do I get paired against people who play starter decks?

1-0

Round 2: Jason w/ Lati@s

This was a hardcore bad hand for him, i ended up getting a quick start, and he resists me with a latios ex d for a little while until eventually i break through his defense. =( Sorry man

Bad Hands SUCK

2-0

Round 3: Brandon w/ Gardevoir ex

This was a blowout, i t-2 win the game by going first, ascension, mentor discard a supporter, attach a rainbow, shady move, and shadow chant for the win.

I love t-2 wins <3

3-0

Round 4: Steven w/ Bancatty

Omg, this was retarded, i couldn't get anything going and he totally just lands everything he needs. Lucky, very very lucky

....*cough* LUCKSACK *cough*

3-1

So they say its only top 2 at first so me and jason would both be out, we're emo for a while...until craig says he screwed up and there IS a top 4 DOES IT!

Top 4 looks like this

Steven w/ bancatty
Brandon w/ Gardy
Me w/ Banette
Jason w/ Lati@s

Top 4: Brandon w/ Gardy again

game 1: T-2 win, repeat of swiss round, by the time the first game was over, jason told me he won his first one too, i was overjoyed

game 2: t-4 win, a little slower but the weakness factor in relation with banettes damage count was just too much for this dude. Jason beat steven, he kept his promise, he DID meet me in top 2

Top 2: Jason w/ Lati@s

game 1: This game was a chess match, we sat there for literally 40 minutes refusing almost to make any daring moves, we knew that any stupid moves would cost us the game. We are sitting there, and i make the suggestion for us to play 2 latios ex d and have them both do ice barrier so we can stall for an entire hour on one game, Ironically, we were only 20 minutes away from that on actually playing lol. I ended up pulling the win because of giant stump and i forced him to stump away his latios that shuts off my safeguard, and im able to win the game with safeguard banette, but this was the hardest game i played all day.

1-0

game 2: this game was a little shorter, still lasting almost 20 minutes off of simple stalling with disable from sableye to shut off Latios ex, eventually i get him to the point where i do disable with sableye, he'd be forced to retreat or ko the sableye and banette would drop the ko on whatever came up, Jason scoops the last game to me, Cheers to the best Lati@s player i've ever seen.

2-0

Props:
The kid that everytime i'd try to talk to him he'd shout r-a-p-e
Me winning
Jason for meeting me in top
Jason for being the best Lati@s player i've ever seen
Jason for beating Bancatty in top 4
Craig for a good tourny
Gary for letting me borrow holon adventurers
Shadow_Zangoose (No 64) for letting me borrow his sleeves
Me and Jason for donking into top lol
winning 7 cities, my favorite number

Slops:
...Uh, almost not making cut? There really wasn't anything bad about this tourney, hold on...
Oh yeah, Steven w/ bancatty ROFL

Until states,

Tom

No name of the location? Congrats man, your dominating this season. How's your mom doing?

Way to bounce back after a tough GA weekend the week before. I thought you might boycott GA after all the points you lost there last weekend. See ya at league next week. PR in 2 weeks. That gives us a month to prepare for States.

Keith

GJ man i knew at the end it was a hard match since my weakness really hurt me. I stop the banette ex one and the safeguard with disable really hurt! Lol disable ice barrier plus my main attack for bannette was price =(.

It was cool hanging out with you man. Hope I see you soon at State.

Back