Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mechanicsville MD Report-

merman

So on Sunday, Pedro, Kevin and Angelina and i drove over to Mechanicsville, MD for our last Battle road. It took us an hour to get there and I was running Mega w00p for the 2nd time since I expected to face lots of blissey. The list was the same as my Rockville one but with an additional pokemon line teched in.
On to the matches. (Note: Sorry; I don’t remember some of the names so I prefer not posting any at all)

Round 1 Electravire/Manectric/Aggron
I started out with a bad hand consisting of 2 eggs jr but with a mentor. Lucky for me he started out with an elekid and an aron. I t1 20 damage and then proceed to get my other pokemon set up. I endup only attacking with exeggutor and taking all 6 prizes.
1-0
Round 2 Hurricane/Walrein
He starts out with todile and does 0 to my chikorita thanks to resistance. Im able to set up but so does he. Lucky for me im reducing 80 damage each turn constantly looping buffers until he runs out of gaters. He gets lucky and discards my meganium by flipping double heads but I bring up a castform which he knocks out and he draws a prize. Next turn he realizes that he didn’t have enough energy to even attack and I had already mentored/night maintenanced. We have to reverse the whole process which takes a long time and then im able to clean up with a 2nd meganium.
2-0

Round 3 Raichu/Electravire
I thought the idea of this deck was really interesting and I saw the potential of it right away. Lucky for me I was able to get a meganium by t3 searched for the quick search bug and prowled for the scott I needed to get myself 3 Lake Boundary to pretty much dominate with meganium. I was able to draw all 6 prizes without losing any.
3-0

Round 4 T2 Kricketune
He mulligans over 3 times which really helps me get the cards I needed. I start with 1 w00per and chikorita. I decide to put up w00per active so that I can amnesia his call for family. From the mulligans I was able to get 1 celio, 2 candy’s and a meganium. I go first and I amnesia call for family. His turn he castaways for the energy , supporter and strength charm. He attaches strength charm to Kricketot and attacks me for 20. I go next candy to meganium search for quag, chikorita, and castform, candy again and get fully set up by t2. After that meganium goes through his krickets reducing 50 damage each turn. He concedes after a couple krickets go down.
Later on we both realized that his cricket would have OHKOed my starting w00per since I have double weakness to grass =/ Either way though it was either koing the w00per or cessationing his cricket, and the t2 meganium would have occurred anyway.
4-0

Round 5 Duskqueen/Milotic d/Mightyena ex/Mismagiums
I knew this one was going to be hard for Dusknoir would use damage counters. I have a horrible set up but lucky for me so did he. I get a meganium by turn 4 and then start dominating the match. He has to sacrifice all his nidoran’s before he finally starts fighting back. He scrambles MILOTIC D and OHKOES MY MEGANIUM due to double weakness. Hah I never saw that one coming. This puts me in a tough position since Im winning by 4 prizes at this time. I try to make a comeback and he powers up 2 more dusknoirs and then dominates the rest of the game. Great comeback.
4-1

Top 4
Round 1 of 3 Blissey/Lucario
Finally im able to play a blissey deck and im feeling pretty confident but my hand isn’t very great. I think I start with a chikorita and no supporters or anything. He starts of with Chansey and gets t2 blissey with cessation. I try to hold on but he quickly dominates the game with lucario lv x. Loss

Round 2 of 3
Round 2 I draw and have an ok hand. It was like energy, castform, ledyba, and lake boundary. I figure yes I can delta draw for one, and I figure his deck is mostly chansey and that he will have a chansey start like last game. I decide to go 2nd so that I can use advantage of my supporter. We flip basicsNOOOOOOOOOOOO castform vs riolu. He goes first attaches flips and ohkoes the castform. I send out ledyba (40 hp) mentor for 3 chikoritas attach to Chikorita and pass. He goes t2 lucario ohkoes ledyba and 20 to the bench.
So at this point im pretty much thinking I cant win – I lost 2 prizes in the first 2 turns of the game. I think I candy into meganium search for w00pers and quags and slowly set up. Delta reduction saves me from aura sphere only doing 10 to meganium 0 to bench. He levels up into Lucario and stances me. I loose a meganium. Send out another one buffer a zillion times looping the tools. In the end he retreats his lucario lv x so that he can hit me with a full power blow (to get rid of delta reduction). A couple turns pass and he starts to re power up the lucario lv x with energy’s. I retreat meganium. Evolve into Exeggutor scramble and snipe his lucario lv x and blissey to draw two prizes. After that he has nothing left except for 2 riolus. After that I snipe 2 more riolus and then cleanup with Meganium + Lake Boundary. This was probably the most fun and exciting match I had in the day. Win

Round 3 of 3
Another close match. It ended up being eggs vs a blissey in the end again and I had the lake boundary to get rid of the crystal beach and ohko the blissey. (His lucario lv x was prized the whole game though so im sure with it the match would have gone much differently) Win

Top 2-
1 of 3 Lucario/Dodrio
He starts of with riolu quickly sets up has t3 Lucario lv x which he cessations and then quickly runs through my deck. Loss

2 of 3 I get set up he doesn’t. Meganium goes through several unevolved riolus for game. Win

3 of 3
I start of strong and he struggles to set up. After koing 1 lucario switches his strategy by swarming me with Dodrio’s which was a very good idea for I was forced to play 3 buffers in one turn. After that he is able to retreat each turn which gets rid of delta reduction and had resistance to my Meganiums. Nick laughs at my habit of “dancing” with the energy cards before I play them :D Dodrio goes through about 2 meganiums and a couple quags. He wins after making a very impressive comeback- great game.

So I get second but im happy that at least my brother cant say that my deck is joke ;D

Props:
***Aardvark’s for being so amazingly awesome in increasing the prizes. They rock
Buffer Piece – my opponents got sick of seeing so many being played.
Pulling Vire lv x out of packs.
Aardvarks judges
Reducing 80 damage constantly in one match
Slops:
-Dodrio
-Cessation crystal
-the fly that was at table 4 the entire day (no joke)

T2 meganium would have bin bad, but i would have had a tune out there and ccd you. Ugg I cant belive I forgot weakness! : c

I love dodrio. I still can't believe that I managed to pull out that win
Haha yes it is a great card. Ima need to find some electric pokemon to be able to counter it for next time ;D
T2 meganium would have bin bad, but i would have had a tune out there and ccd you. Ugg I cant belive I forgot weakness! : c
Yes i know =/ But if you had cessationed the kricket i wouldnt have been able to use mega's power and if you had ohkoed the wooper i would have gotten the Meganium anyway. And im sorry that you had to play your brother right after that =/

Props:
Aardvarks judges
thx
Reducing 80 damage constantly in one match
Who would have thought that Meganium d could be considered a main attacker and not just a backup?
This sure was a fun day.
-the fly that was at table 4 the entire day (no joke)
I tried to get it, but it hid every time I tried to touch it.
Electric is weak to fighting:lol:.
:lightning[del]Electric[/del] Lightning
:thumb:

thx

Who would have thought that Meganium d could be considered a main attacker and not just a backup?
This sure was a fun day.

I tried to get it, but it hid every time I tried to touch it.

:lightning[del]Electric[/del] Lightning
:thumb:

Pablo had it wrong first. Besides lighting type is a dumb name. It makes us all sound like we are British (no offense to any british people).

Back