Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Medicham ex Sky Kick ruling?

tomnov

I searched this forum for this answer and couldn't find it.

When using Sky Kick against a F resistance, this attack does 60 damage + 40 more damage.
Do you still take into account resistance, so the net damage is 70? Or disregard so net damage is 100?

I would THINK you would factor in the resistance, but I am not an experienced player...
I'm the dad of a 5 year old & my son had gotten a few odd packs of TCG so I bought him the world champ'05 Queendom & Bright Aura Decks, so he would have real strategic decks to play with - neither one of us had much idea of how to build one.

But playing with these a little, and getting more cards makes me think that Curran Hill didn't put much thought into the trainers & support Pokemon he used in this deck... I can think of much better trainers alone to use in this deck...
... how 'bout Celio's Network instead of Swoop Teleporter to get Pokemon into play.
Wally's Training is about a waste... I'd like to use Briney's Compassion to save my Ex from dying ...or devolution to give opponant only 1 prize.
Get rid of Wobuffet & 4 Psy energies unless & get some sort of energy retreival or search & trash the Pow! cards also for a Polemon with seach capabilities...
I'm not an expert but you get the idea. As it stands now, Queendom trashes Bright Aura even though I see on these boards many decks run with Medicham Ex.

:smile: Your help / opinions needed for this rookie Pokemon Dad :smile:

You factor in resistance.
He would do 70.
100 with a magnetic storm.
100 with a crystal shard.

Jirachi searches for swoop, which is a non-supporter, and turns itself into Meditite. Then you can use the supporter Wally's to search for an evolution.

In your way, you searched for a basic with Celio's, how did you expect to get your evolution? How would you get out your meditite? Retreat and waste an energy?

Briney's Compassion does not work on ex pokemon.

Queendom does do well against Cham because of Toxic and Desert Ruins. Having a 4/3/4 line with quick damage(status) hurts T2 decks.

Curran definitely had a grade A deck- every card was legitimate. The goal is to have a turn 2 Medicham ex active with 2 energy. Any other way is less consistant and less efficient than using Jirachi DX, Swoop! Teleporter, and Wally's Training with pow! for disruption, er2 for disruption to help it out further.

Wobby was used in the mirror match(mirror=same deck) because it could take a good deal of damage, could be swooped for, and could do a lot of damage to Medicham ex or safeguard pokemon that Medicham couldn't touch.

Last edited:
First off, Sky Kick does 70'
Second of all, Briney's can not get Ex's.
Third of all, You would only use Celio's network to grab Meditite, why not just Swoop the Jirachi?
Fourth of all, Wobb was used because there was a lot of EX decks at worlds, and it took care of most of them quite handily.
5th of all, you do not kill your opponents pokemon with the First Medicham, you just Pure Power them to almost death. Then, when they knock it out, take control of the game with the Pow!s.
6th,Walley's is also used to get your Medicham ex out ther, but right now, PETM is better, UF just wasn't legal for worlds.
I hope this helped!

Last edited:
Thanks for responding

Thanks for the ruling info and pointing out my mistakes.
I thought about it once and realized that you'd have to use super scoop up for ex instead of briney... but like I said, I'm just a rookie & as I was thinking off the cuff, it seemed a good idea at the time.
Employing your strategy with the pure power against the benched pokemons might give me a better chance though to beat my little rugrat.
He loves Nidoqueen (ever since Yellow was his first Gameboy Pokemon, & needed Nidorina to beat Brock, then goes "Lets see what this does" with the moonstone and got an early Nidoqueen much stronger than any other polemon at the time... a 4 yr old then - it was his hero) so he always takes the Queendom deck and kicks my butt. I get ahead and can't use the Pow! card and he comes back and beats me every time. He is very smart for a 5 year old though...
:smile: "A rookie Poke-Dad" :smile:

ryanvergel said:
You factor in resistance.
He would do 70.
100 with a magnetic storm.
100 with a crystal shard.

What if the Medicham ex is using Sky Kick against a Gengar ex?

OH!

Back