Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mega Stones and Acrobatics

Fox_Master51

If a Pokemon that knows Acrobatics, say Aerodactyl, Mega Evolves then uses Acrobatics, would it do more damage as having an Item consumed or is it still technically holding an Item?

Edit: Aerodactyl cannot learn Acrobatics, but my question stands.

The Mega Stone can not be removed by moves like thief/trick/Switch-a-roo-
This leads me to believe at this time that Acrobatics will not get the boost, considering that the Mega Stone is an item that has a lasting effect and is protected from being taken away or even being kept from attacks such as Knock Off.

This is my answer for the time being, as such I will look further into the question in more depth when I have the time to be more thorough other then basing tis to be factual from what is off the top of my mind as far as Mega Stones go.

^ Yeah, sort of depletes the design behind Mega's if all you needed to do is make it lose it's stone - pointless new mech in the game and nothing new gained.

I think I will say that it is not possible to gain the boost from Acrobatics since the Mega Stone's a lasting effect, it locks in the Stone as a hold item. Thus, you are not able to for example Switch-a-roo an item onto a Mega Evolved Pokémon after you Mega Evolve it, and, Mega Pokémon can not hold an item in the first place if you are having that Pokémon hold the Stone.

Back