Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on MegaMan (Yanmega-Kingdra-Mandibuzz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonfreak5

!!!MegaMan!!!

Hi Guys. This is my first list on Pokegym so bear with me.

I've been testing a few HGSS on lists a lot lately. Included in them were Kingdra-Mandibuzz and Kingdra-Yanmega (with and without Jirachi). I found both lists had enough slots for techs, but they both had flaws. I decided the best way to try and balance this out was to simply use all 3 and give it a shot.
Here's the list:

POKEMON: 23
4 : Mandibuzz, BW-73
4 : Vullaby, BW-72
3 : Yanmega (Prime), TM-98
3 : Yanma, TM-84
2 : Kingdra (Prime), UL-85
2 : Seadra, UL-40
2 : Horsea, UL-49
1 : Elekid, TM-21
1 : Tyrogue, CL-36
1 : Cleffa, Promo-112

TRAINERS: 25
Trainers: 13
4 : Pokemon Communication, BW-99
2 : Pokemon Reversal, GS-99
2 : PlusPower, UL-80
2 : Rare Candy, UL-82
3 : Junk Arm, TM-87
Supporters: 12
2 : Professor Juniper, BW-101
3 : Judge, UL-78
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
3 : Copycat, CL-77

ENERGY:12
2 : Rescue Energy, TM-90
3 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
4 : Darkness Energy (sp), CL-86
3 : Darkness Energy, BW-111

Stratergy:
Preferably open with any Baby or Yanma. Elekid gives some really handy early game spread, especially against Magnezone.

From there you can take advantage of Yanmega's ridiculous speed and consitency to put some early game pressure on your opponent, meanwhile start working on a benched Kingdra and Madibuzz. You can either go straight out with sonic-boom or continue places counters around with linear attack. Judge at this stage of the game can also be really disruptive if you're opponent is struggling with their setup.

Once Spray Splash is up and running, the deck should be easily able to pick up some extra prizes around the board with placed counters. Mandibuzz's second attack, Punishment, is also really handy against Magnezone and any other Stage-2 Attackers. 100 for a Darkness and DCE is great, and this can be boosted with Special dark energies, Pluspower and Spray Splash to get a OHKO on Magnezone.

I'd love for some feedback and advice, Thanks

i would go for a higher count of kingra an lower count of mandibuzz.
try going 3-2-3 kingdra and 3-3 mandibuzz

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove
1-1 mandibuzz
1 elekid
1 sp dark
2 plus power
2 juniper

Add
1-0-1 kingdra
1 jirachi
2 psychic
1 junk arm
1 copycat
1 reversal
Posted with Mobile style...

I've found 4 Junk Arms to be overkill. I always end up having a dead hand early game when I run 4. 3 seems to be the optimal number for this deck.

And Jirachi kills consistency in here as well. That's an extra energy type which only works with Jirachu. It only gives me a single prize and then it gets OHKOd. It works well in Yanmega Kingdra. But not so much in this one.

I'm interested in the higher Kingdra count. I've never used him as an attacker. Care to explain it a bit more to me?

For the moment i'll try
-2 Pluspower
+1 Reversal
+1 Juniper

From what I can see it seems you might have a problem with Zekrom. Zekrom hits all of your attackers for 2x damage and Pokemon Catcher will be arriving in August so you'll need to be wary of it and is the fastest deck out there since it can be set up right at turn 1. Decks that run Stage 2's like Reshiram, Samurott and Donchamp probably won't give you trouble since you can easily snipe their basics on the bench before they can set up. Yanmega seems like he'll be used much more due to his speed so maybe running 4-4 of him and 3-3 of mandibuzz would suit you better as Yanmega can spread damage while disrupting and Mandbuzz and Kingdra can come in for the kill after Yanmega is out.

Also, I am going to say you are awesome for making a reference to my favorite video game character ever. Kudos to you!

No worries, i think he's a pretty awesome dude myself.

I've tried with 4-4 Yanmega. It is nice, but doesn't really make a massive difference. You can usually setup one in a few turns running 3-3, and in a real life scenario, Yanmega = $$

Zekrom is an interesting matchup. Sure he can be ridiculously fast and tanky, but late game he struggles. If it becomes a problem in my area I might tech Zoroark... but otherwise I think i'll just accept the harder matchup and run it out on luck and epix skillz ;)

Thanks for the input guys. I'm getting some good ideas

Yanmega definitely costs a bit I won't lie. You make a good point on the 3-3 line so I'll let that rest. Also Zekrom does struggle late game and Zoroark is a definite for almost any deck and can help you take out Zekrom or any heavy hitter.

Yanmega definitely costs a bit I won't lie. You make a good point on the 3-3 line so I'll let that rest. Also Zekrom does struggle late game and Zoroark is a definite for almost any deck and can help you take out Zekrom or any heavy hitter.

True that. I might give it a try.

Suggestions on actual changes?

if you wanted, you could add a 1-1 line of zoroark by running 3-3 of mandibuzz. I don't see anything you'd like to take out, though you might want to run PONT rather than Juniper. I ran her quite a bit and more often than not I was having to discard important cards to get a new hand and that cost me games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back