Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Meganium d/ Feraligatr d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have seen this deck played around a couple of times. The basic strategy is to use meganium d or feraligatr d as an attacker, try to setup as many feraligatr d's as u can and have a nidoqueen d on the bench to look for basics aor evolutions, u might needd, or to attack or try to get a holons castform. The deck is basically a fast hitting deck. But i know I need some help before my cities on Sunday.

Pokemon:
4 Totodile d
3 Croconaw d
4 Feraligatr d
3 Chikorita d
2 Bayleef d
3 Meganium d
4 Holon's Catform
1 Tauros
1 Tropius d
1 Holon's Voltorb

Trainers:
4 Holon Transciever
2 Holon Adventurer
3 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Farmer
1 Holon Scientist
2 Mt. Briney's Compassion
1 Copycat
4 Rare Candy
4 Windstorm

Energys:
2 Scarmble Energy
4 d Rainbow Energy
4 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Lightning

So thats the list lmk what i could change to help me out. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Chikorita d (DF) x3
Bayleef d (DF) x2
Meganium d (DF) x3
Totodile d (DF) x3
Croconaw d (DF) x2
Feraligatr d (DF) x3
Holon Castform (HP) x4
Holon Volotb(What set is this from?lol) x1

27 Trainers:

2X Crystal Shard
3X Battle Frontier
4X Rare Candy
3X Windstorm
4X Holon Transceiver
2X Holon Adventurer
3X Holon Researcher
2X Holon Mentor
2X Holon Lass
1X Holon Scientist
1X Holon Farmer

12 Energy:
Lightning x4
Fighting x4
DRE x2
Scramble x2

Good Luck with this deck

I'll edit this tomorrow, when I'm not dead, for a explaination...k?

hmmmm.

-1-1 queen

-1-0-1 meganium

-4 celios

-1 scramble energy
-1 sci
-4 holon legacy

+4 windstorm

+1 tauros +1 Tropius

+1 trans
+2 mentor
+2 lightning
+1 crocanaw
+1 holon voltorb
+1 briney.

Not a bad list, GJ!

You don't need queen cause you have magnium. 2 briney helps you to stay alive.
4-4 mentor is going into every one of my decks, it just makes it soo much more consistant.
Crystal beach lock can hurt you, so tauros is there for that. Imprison makes this deck cry, so tropius is there for that.

Didn't know if you would need sci or not, I decided no. You already thin your deck a lot with meganium, and this deck can hold its own with a small hand.

mabey even -1 candy +1 lass to get energy

Hornet: Ill think about your advice but uu will have to tell me why before i do it. Moza i like the idea about tkaing out nidoqueen and i will a tropius and tauros but ill use 3 holon mentor not 4 and 4 holon transceiver.

With your current list...

-1 Tauros
-1 Briney
-2 Windsotm

+2 Space Center
+1 Holon Researcher
+1 CopyCat or Holon's Magnemite

Also 2 lightning energy isn't enough to picc Voltorb over Magnemite.

where are your meteor falls? lol Tauros is iffy dependin on how many mewtrics bandoom are in your area.
1-1 Sceptile ex tech XD

IMO Holon's Castform isn't as effective as Pinsir d in this deck as a starter. Pinsir absolutely guarantees the critical early Meganium.

Of course, Castform is still broken regardless, but Pinsir should add slightly better consistency.

where are your meteor falls? lol Tauros is iffy dependin on how many mewtrics bandoom are in your area.
1-1 Sceptile ex tech XD[/QUOTE

I really dont need meteor falls for the whole totodile rage with feraligatr combo because i feel its just a extra thing that could throw away what the deck is really for.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

IMO Holon's Castform isn't as effective as Pinsir d in this deck as a starter. Pinsir absolutely guarantees the critical early Meganium.

Of course, Castform is still broken regardless, but Pinsir should add slightly better consistency.

Thanks for the suggestion but i would rather tale my chances with holons castform i feel that if i have a could number of benched pokemon by my second turn that the draw power will just be a better thing, which may allow me to get other cards other than meganium that i need.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

With your current list...

-1 Tauros
-1 Briney
-2 Windsotm

+2 Space Center
+1 Holon Researcher
+1 CopyCat or Holon's Magnemite

Also 2 lightning energy isn't enough to picc Voltorb over Magnemite.

Dont really need the space center nobody in my area would even dare tech in latios and latias, the windstorm i ll have to keep at four just to take out pokemon tools and stadiums at the same time. The tauros i probaly will take out, but first ill have too find out if bandoom is going to be played or not.Plus whats the difference between magnenite, and voltorb.

Last edited:
Windstorm is the correct play. C.Crystal stops Meganium, and without Megs, nothing even gets off the ground. Raieggs is a reasonably winnable matchup once you're set up, but if you can't ever get to that point it's incredibly tough.

However, Space Center would be recommended as without it a Lati-lock WILL make it significantly harder to deal damage. If you find a way to sneak in both Space Center and Crystal Shard, you could be really nasty and drop the SC and CS in the same turn with two Gatr out to Drag Off OHKO the offending Lats. Most decks don't play more than a 1-1 lats tech, so that should be enough. Crystal Shard would also help the Metanite matchup, considering Dragonite resists Fighting and Gatr's weak to Lightning. not to mention most Metanite decks play a 1-1 latilock...

I agree with Tagrineth completely... IMO the play is 3 Windstorm 2 Space Center.

Also 3 Holon's Castform and 3 Pinsir d works very well for me. The list is similar to yours Tagrineth except the Magneton are Castform and the energy and trainers are a bit different.

I problay would not run the risk of having 3 pinsir d and 3 holons castform to me it would ruin the consistency of the deck. A reason why i wouldnt use space center is because, in my are metanite is played but nobody uses latias and latios lock.

Actually that UPS consitancy... You have 6 Starters instead of 4. And if u have to mentor for one or the other in the beggining of the game just picc one according to your hand. If you have a bad hand picc castform, but if u have suitable draw and a couple energy picc pinsir d and get the onslaught started. Its more consistent and more versatile. U also need a way to recycle the DRE... the only other way to do it is holon magneton. Why play Magneton (no way to search for it besides ganium) when u can use Castform (which can be mentored) which also doubles as a starter???

Allright I actually see what your saying it does improve my consitancy deoending on the hand could u please give me like a list of pokemon, trainers, and energys i want to have a good list for my cc on Sunday. BTW no space centers lol. Thanks.

3 Holon's Castform
3 Pinsir d
4/3/4 Feraligatr d
3/2/3 Meganium d
2 Holon magnemite

4 d Rainbow
1 Fighting
1 Lightning
3 DRE
2 Scramble

4 Rare Candy
4 Transciever
4 Windstorm
3 Mentor
2 Adventurer
1 Researcher
1 Scientist
1 Farmer
1 Copy Cat
1 Warp Point/Switch
1 Proffesor Oak's Research

That is my personal list... With the exception of Space Center per your request

Possible to -1 Rare Candy +1 Researcher... Besides that its the most consistant list i've played....

Last edited:
3 Holon's Castform
3 Pinsir d
4/3/4 Feraligatr d
3/2/3 Meganium d
2 Holon magnemite

4 d Rainbow
1 Fighting
1 Lightning
3 DRE
2 Scramble

4 Rare Candy
4 Transciever
4 Windstorm
3 Mentor
2 Adventurer
1 Researcher
1 Scientist
1 Farmer
1 Copy Cat
1 Warp Point/Switch
1 Proffesor Oak's Research

That is my personal list... With the exception of Space Center per your request

Possible to -1 Rare Candy +1 Researcher... Besides that its the most consistant list i've played....

Nice ill use this list at my citys on sunday with a couple exceptions i may make depending on what decks i see people have if i see bandoom ill add tauros any latios and latias locks ill add space center. btw any reason why i should use only a 3-2-3 Meganium d line, and why holon's magnemite over voltorb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back