Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Meganium d

thethirdckelly1

So why is this card not being used as a main attacker? A deck based around meganium would do really well against electivire, feraligatr and empoleon. There are a number of things you could run with it because it sets up everything with it's power. I would probably run cessations with it. Obviously it would lose to infernape unless you chose a water pokemon as your backup, but it would beat pretty much everything else.

discuss.

So why is this card not being used as a main attacker? A deck based around meganium would do really well against electivire, feraligatr and empoleon. There are a number of things you could run with it because it sets up everything with it's power. I would probably run cessations with it. Obviously it would lose to infernape unless you chose a water pokemon as your backup, but it would beat pretty much everything else.

discuss.

You said it your self. It's not the main attacker because of infernape. But I would play it with that card that stops the weakness.(blast d?)

FF and fire*

But yeah, Meganium is SO GOOD ugh I miss MMS. You set up your pokemon and the attack just RIPS damage spread.

It's a good card.
I prefer the play w/
4 Crystal Beach
4 Cessation Crystal
4 Team Galactic's Wager

That's some hardcore disruption, and it basically kills Empoleon and Gatr.
Basically an auto-loss to Ape, though. BUT techs can fit into the deck pretty easily. So tech a Water Pokemon maybe to help out. OR just use it w/ Gatr to power up Meganium's attack.
OR just use it w/ Buffer Piece+Quagsire. That's pretty hard to get through. Reducing by 50 a turn, or forcing your opponent to waste a windstorm. THEN once they use up all their Windstorms, drop a Crystal Beach or a tech Cessation and keep it locked in, so they can't Scramble/DRE

Meganium is an amazing card, especially with so many spread decks in the format. It simply LOLs at lucario and empoleon, reducing their max damage output to 10 each. It has a power that swarms the other cards in your deck, and as an added bonus, DR is about the only thing in the game which lowers the damage of swift. :cool:

Actually, meg d doesn't auto-lose to ape, unless they can pull out 2 quick apes. They can't 1 shot you if you're at full health and delta reductioned them and they dont' have an energy on them (lol, sounds like alot but it happens often). The card is just beastly. Between the power and the attack(s), its a great card to run in just about any deck.

VS nape you have to use gater as your main attacker, no other way around it
only power up a meg on bench just incase for like catty ex and junk

I was just talking about meg d in general. I know he helped me stall few a few turns against ape with my megatech deck.

Garchomp is seeing a fair amount of play in our area, and it rips through meg - d pretty badly, since it can OHKO the meg d and retreat to get around the damage reduction fairly easily.

Back