Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Merman's 2 state reports!! PA/MD

merman

So the first state championship that i attended was at PA. Lugiaseeker, pokemonforever, his sister and myself all drove down to PA. We arrived 2 hours later and we had about 10 min until registration ended. We all had our decklists written down but we just couldnt seem to find the store. The numbers on the streets where all messed up and would go up and down. We arrived there a couple minutes late but registration had not closed yet so we were safe. Anyway i decided to run Arcylutions.

Round 1 Mirror Match- Angelina W.
Eep first match and i had to face my own deck and my friend. I knew that it would comedown to whoever got the faster set up. Luckily i managed to bring k9 out first and began flameswirling and disrupting ftw.
1-0

Round 2 Mirror Match- Pokemonforver
2nd match and once again im facing my deck again. All i remember was that he was winning at first and that later i managed to pull out a comeback to draw the last prizes. It was really close though. GG.
2-0

Round 3- Ttar delta ex/fearrow
He didnt really get much of a setup. Had a lonely spearow and he couldnt keep up with k9. We played afterwards for fun and i got to see the real potential of his deck.

3-0

Round 4- Raieggs
This was my first time playing raieggs so i played it really safe overunning and not koing all his pokemon as fast as i could. I began to flameswirl once i managed to pull out crystal beach to prevent those scrambles from popping out. Eventually all the eggs and pikas where koed or devolved.

4-0

Round 5- Bolt with Sallygross
Ugh the one deck that i was fearing the most besides lati@s. Before the match i knew it was going to be tough since bolt was undefeated going into the round. He got a fairly fast setup and soon had salamence ex (deoxys) which was such a pain for me to knock out. I think he had a misplay somewhere and it def. impacted the match. He knocked out a k9 and an eveelution and a houndoom i beleive. I had maanaged to bring sally ex to 150 hp but he had retreated to something else. It took me 1 more turn to finally play elms and bring out jolteon ex for the last 2 prizes. It was an amazing match. Great player, very experienced

5-0

Round 6- MegaGatrQueen with evil tech >.<
I was the only person undefeated going into this round but i knew that i was in for a very tough battle. A VERY good Ardvarks player was my opponent and i knew that he had already won several other tournaments. I had never really played against a deck like his before but i was in for a nasty surprise. I decided to go agrro k9 and t2 knock out his bayleef to prevent him from getting anything out too fast. He soon evolved into a gatr and i was unable to get ahoundoom lock out fast enough. He mentored for a castform and another chikoreeta and A TREECKO D. In my mind i knew what was coming up the dreaded sceptile ex. I still didnt have a houndoom lock so he managed to pull of a candy into sceptile ex d. I had been winning for about 4 prizes but at that point i was unable to do anything else. Eevee's where useless and i was unable to power up k9. He slowly went through all my pokemon for my loss. Very well played :)

5-1

So i made it into top 8 and it looked something like this i dont remember the order of who was in 1st or 8th but i knew that there where 3 arcylutions in it including me X_X
so my first match in the top 8 was against the same
TTar ex d i face earlier.
Once again he had a slow set up and wasnt able to pull it through
6-1
2nd time he managed to ko 1 k9 but i was able to burn/confuse and then secondbite ftw
7-1

So i make it into the top 4 and while im waiting for the other matches to begin i talk to this guy who also won his match and turns out he is running k9lutions as well but w/o houndoom. Pairings go up and it turns out im facing him.

Top 4- Arcylutions/Safeguard Ninetails
1st match he had HORRID luck and is unable to evolve any of his 4 GROWLITHE. Flameswhirl goes right through them.
8-1
2nd match we trade of prizes until he brings out what differentiates his deck from mine, Ninteales safeguard. Luckily for me i had an eevee with an energy on it so i brought it up and tore right through it with vaporeon ex's fast wave. He shuffeled his hand and was unable to pull anything else. After that k9 continues to go through his othe rpokemon. It was a tough match and he was an incredible player. GG :)
9-1

So in the top 2 i end up facing sally gross again (bolt)
Game 1
He has a horrible start and is only able to dela draw for 1 card for about 3 turns
By then i have full setup and he concedes.
Game 2
We start trading off prizes and he has a misplay that costs him the game with his metagross. Afterwards i misplay for not announcing my flareons pokepower and his salamence is unnafected. Yet i still managed to pull through and continue koing his pokemon for the win. Im sure though that if he hadnt misplayed the match would have def. been his . Amazing game :)

So i win at PA masters division !!! and then i get ready for MD states :D
Props:
Winning 1st
Having 3 arcylutions intop 8
Luke R. for having come up with arcylutions
not having dropped my dice
Jolteon ex
Vaporeon star
Great Judges

Slops
Not being able to find the store
SCEPTILE EX d
having a huge headache afterwards

Now for MD
(this one wont be so long i promise :)
Since i live in MD we got to wakeup late and not have to rush to dreamwizards since its like 10 min away. My brother and i got there filld out our decks. I was running arcylutions once again. :D

Round 1: Flygon ex d
Eep all i remember is that the evveelutiondisruptionwastoomuch
1-0
Round 2: Gardevoir ex d/Latios ex d
Real nice guy . I met him at St. Mary's city championships and i had faced his brother in the top 2 there so he knew what i was running and new exactly how to counter it. He quickly brought out latios ex d to defeat me but i fastwaved with vaporeon for the ko. After that i began to knock out the rest of his pokemon. It got close though by one prize though GG dude :)
2-0

Round 3: Metanite/Psychic metagross
He had a rough start and wasnt able to get fully setup and k9 was too fast.
3-0

Round 4: I cant remember sorry but i won X_X
4-0

Round 5 Mewtric/Eveelutions
I was able to paralyze mew ex for like 5 turns until i got k9 . He brought out vaporeon and koed 1 k9 and flareon ex After that there was nothing else i could do. I lost GG
4-1

Round 6 Poli-stallex/Omastar
Wow this one was super close. If his cursed stone had stayed for one more turn he would have one but umbreon ex kept pulling out his politoed and then was being koed by jolteonex.
GG though
5-1
So i make top 8 :D
1st match VS Flareodos
1st time i get horrible luck
i flip 2 tails in a row whil he has full flame so i loose two eevee ex's that way he flips al heads with his superscoop ups and keeps getting his full flames out.
2nd math i loose on time and since he won the first match he goes on and i go home :(

Now i know that i lost to the deck that k0 should aauto win against but he was a real good player who ended up winning the tourney.

So i didnt get past that but i was still happy with how i did :D

Props:
Pokemonforever was agreat judge
Slops
losing to FLAREADOS
losing on time
dropping dice
so many latios ex d

Thanks for reading :D

Heeeey, I remember you from MD. I was the guy who played Luke in the Top 8.

Great performance both days, bro. See you at Regionals?

Yes my brother and i will be attending i believe. Where you running polistall?

Nope, I ran Bancham in MD. My report is on here somewhere...

Oh, I know. I was the guy who asked how your Top 8 matchup went and then asked, "How could you not defend your title?!" ;/

Congrats dude, very nice job. The Gatr guy from PA, Ryan, every time I saw him play (even in all 3 games we played in top 4), I'm pretty sure he turn 1 Meganium'd...not cool!

Flariados..

D:

Nope, I ran Bancham in MD. My report is on here somewhere...

Oh, I know. I was the guy who asked how your Top 8 matchup went and then asked, "How could you not defend your title?!" ;/

Haha now i know ;o The one trying to sell teh poster :D Good job on t8 :)

so your the one who beat bolt..XD
GJ on winning PA states and Top 8ing MD states.

Congrats dude, very nice job. The Gatr guy from PA, Ryan, every time I saw him play (even in all 3 games we played in top 4), I'm pretty sure he turn 1 Meganium'd...not cool!

Flariados..

D:
Yeah he's a real good player and he;s won a couple cities with that deck i think xP;

Back