Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Merry Making & Whatnot

TOYBOX

I’m just going to put it out there right now, I did terrible in the Grinder. But this report is more or less something I had to type up just because of how fun and interesting it was for me overall. I don’t really know how it was different from all the other worlds, but I think it was mainly because of the people I was surrounded by during most of the event. In years past, I usually hung out with a select bunch of two or three individuals and never took things that serious, but this year you could say was a huge step for me as a player. I’ve been involved in the TCG since Base set, with continuous leaves here and there until my permanent venture started again during the start of the RS series of cards. I was never really great at the game, but it was pretty fun when I started as a junior and ranked up to Masters over the years. I guess you could say in two seasons I went from the bottom to topping at nearly every event I’ve been to, which seems like success to me.

Anyways, the trip to worlds was pretty interesting. I made sure to get a coffee before my ride came by to pick me up, and then I was set. I really didn’t plan to playtest much while at worlds, but things would of course change. After getting our other two passengers, we were off and the ride went great until we came across a city that smelt like a giant toilet. It was AWFULNESS. Never want to go back there, yuck.

So as the hours went off me, Jeremy and Cappellerz went into this contest of naming the 50 states, which I named about 20 or so of. Lol, geography/maps/places aren’t my forte.

So after 6 hours we finally get to our hotel, which is super difficult to find the first time, since Cali roads are terrible. We check in, drop off our luggage and immediately head off to the Hilton at about 2:00pm. The Hilton was SOOO hard to find because of the awful directions mapquest gave us. We could see it, but getting to it was a challenge that must have lasted half an hour. After that we parked and anxiously explored the hotel, since one of our passengers was staying there, we couldn’t leave until he got his room, which was alright. The no open play room sucked! But we found peeps in the lobby and proceeded to lurk around for a bit until Desmond and Piggy arrived on the trolley. We played a bit at Starbuxx, but as the night went on, things got hectic. Let’s just say, next year, I’m in charge of planning EVERYTHING. I raged sooo much that night. UGH UGH UGH.

LCQ:

Game 1: vs Dialga/Infernape
Starts out pretty bleh on my side, he got a decent setup. All I remember was my 1-1 Champ tech proved useful and got me a few prizes, but w/e.

0-1

Game 2: vs Torterra
I completely destroyed him with Uxie X and Luxray. He never got setup.

1-1
Game 3: vs Speedchamp
I Uxie spammed him the entire game. He never got setup.

2-1

Game 4: vs Mirror
His list was superior to mine. I pretty much took it easy this game and got lazy. The 1-1 Champ was useful, but I might as well have scooped. GG though. He was cool, and from my favorite state of Oregon <3

2-2

Game 5: vs No Idea
I forget. But I lost I think.

2-3

Game 6: vs Flytech
I ONLY played because I wanted to face a Japanese player. He was pretty cool and I understood some of what he was saying during the game. I took 5 prizes with fast Luxray and Gengar tricks. This is when I noticed he was doing something rather dumb and then I basically folded to him out of irritation.

2-4

I dropped at the end of the game, but I did learn that my friend Piggy was able to grind in, in Seniors for his 4th time in a row. Very impressive and I was quite proud of him. So after my terrible grinders, I proceeded to lurk around the Open Play area while I watched a few games with Tsuguyoshi vs. People.

The next few days were mainly me wandering around, trading, buying, and playing random matches to get league stuff. I womped a few kids in my area continuously and got 2 playmats and some packs. Then I played in 2 8 man tournies, won 1, and lost to Hippodonk in the other. But here’s the loltastic thing. The rest of my friends met up with this local group of players that were pretty chill. They all decided to enter lots of 8 mans for the packs, and they got like 33 packs of RR. They then divided the packs in half for my friends and them. I kept all my packs though, lol. My friends pulled no X’s, Stars, nothing. The other group pulled 5 Level X’s, 2 Rotoms, 2 of the X’s being 2 LUXRAYS!!! XDDDD lololol I wanted to slap those kids for being so dumb.

Well besides that, I had lots of fun exploring dowtown and meeting random drunk chicks and watching club drama on the way to Subway. And those hilarious bike things were amazing. Thank you to everyone I met and played with during the event, it was well worth my time.

Props:
Dustin
Mitch
Anthony
Desmond
Piggy
Random Cali Kids(Craig, Alfred, idk your names) lol
Julie for emailing me
Winning 2 playmats
Tsuruta
San Diego, beautiful city
Judges and staff, amazing event
Buildin'a beast Flygon during Day 1.

Slops:
Jeremy x1000000 (you STILL need to get me those cards >_>)
Gengar, terrible card
$20 parking lots
Expensive food
Not makin' the Ex-on challenge.

Last edited:
lol good report lol but you dont like putting me in your props at all lol after using alot off my cards to play lolz jk
i would have loled watching you guys try to get to the hotel lol
btw what town smelt like a toilet was it in az lol

lol good report lol but you dont like putting me in your props at all lol after using alot off my cards to play lolz jk
i would have loled watching you guys try to get to the hotel lol
btw what town smelt like a toilet was it in az lol

haha, i'll add ya ;)

it was maricopa city i believe. never go there D:

lol ya when you get past all the apartments there and houses it is really bad lol but you have to go through there to get to cali ...

I'm your round 1 opponent. Yea I thought I was out when you use takeout on my DGX. It was nice meeting you.

I'm your round 1 opponent. Yea I thought I was out when you use takeout on my DGX. It was nice meeting you.

Oh, hello! It was very nice meeting you. It's too bad you dropped though. I was rootin' for ya! heh.

C ya next year at Hawaii mebe.

Back