Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metanite advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absoltrainer

I recently created a metanite deck and wanted some advice.

My decklist is as follows:

Pokemon 20

3 Beldum (HL) (CFF)
1 Metang (HL)
1 Metang (DS)
3 Metagross (DS)
2 Dratini (Thunder wave)
1 Dratini (hook)
2 Dragonair ( twister)
3 Dragonite (DS)
2 Slugma (DX)
2 Magcargo (DX)

Energy 15

8 Electric
4 Metal
3 DRE

Trainers 25

3 Desert Ruins
2 Holon Research Tower
2 Rocket's Admin
2 Holon Mentor
2 Steven's Advice
3 Celios Network
1 Holon Scientist
2 ATM Rock
2 Switch
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy

I chose to take out one DRE so I could have one more electric energy (7 was to little). My trainers may have a little problem. My deck is having trouble winning in the 20 min. time limit. Any advice
would be helpful. :cool:

Last edited:
Squeez in a couple of Holon Ruins , don't spend to much time on the shuffle, And tell the Judge for your opponent to quit stalling. Other wise the deck looks like a metanite. Some times people put in a Zapdos ex.

Your trainer line looks like it could use less Switch's and Warp Point's and more draw Supporters (Steven's Advice, T.V. Reporter, Rocket's Admin.). Also, you can probably cut out the DRE's and the Holon Research Tower and put in another Beldum and a DX Metagross (w/ "Super Connectivity"). This will help you out in terms of returning Metal Energy's to your Metagross, and it gets past Battle Frontier; it's also helpful to have a Psychic-type Pokemon in the deck as well. Though I know people really like to run Magcargo in this deck, I feel that it's just not needed. I've been playing MetaNite for quite some time, and I have never used Magcargo in it. With the right trainer line, the setup is so fast that getting whatever card you want from your deck isn't really a problem. No Zapdos ex as well, just go with the Desert Ruins.

Good luck with the deck.

what would i take out for holon lass and do i need it with delta charge, delta control, and possibly smooth over

keep cargo in. Holon Ruins is DEFINITELY a good idea. Use cargo's power to get the card on top of ur deck, then ruins into ur hand. Downside is if in some RARE occasion u only have slugmas and cargos u cant use ruins.

So my 2 cents..
-3 Desrt Ruins
+2 Holon Ruins
+1 Holon Research Tower
-2 DRE ( Only counts as 1 discard w/ metagross)
+2 Lightning nrg

ur list is almost the same as my list except i still think u should use 4 dre and 1 less lightning, here is my trainer list, i found it really solid

2 switch
4 holon mentor
3 celios
3 desert ruin
4 rare candy
4 tv reporter
2 rockets admin
3 holon scientist

dragontaimer said:
ur list is almost the same as my list except i still think u should use 4 dre and 1 less lightning, here is my trainer list, i found it really solid

2 switch
4 holon mentor
3 celios
3 desert ruin
4 rare candy
4 tv reporter
2 rockets admin
3 holon scientist
this trainer list seems great but go 2 mentor, 2 scientist and 3 transceiver

dude ur trainer line up is crap
Pokemon 20

3 Beldum (HL) (CFF)
1 Metang (DS)
3 Metagross (DS)/ DX (for Medicham matchups)
2 Dratini (Thunder wave)
1 Dragonair ( twister)
2 Dragonite (DS)
2 Slugma (DX)
2 Magcargo (DX)
4 Plusle dx(Ensure a decent setup)

7 Electric(i swear 7 isnt little)
4 Metal
4 DRE(u need these after a big crush and Burn)

4 Desert Ruins(helps alot against LBS and Medicham)
2 Rocket's Admin
1 Holon Mentor
3 Tv reporter(U want to get lightning energy in ur discard)
4 Celios Network
2 Holon Scientist
2 ATM Rock
1 Switch
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy

this is a pretty decent setup.Ok Jeff try this out and GL at reginols

i will probobly add 2 holon ruins and take out the two switches

Does anyone think that this deck will do good in regionals

i will defintinley stick in some tv reporters but i think i will stick with 3 desert ruins

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

man there are way to many versions of this deck

Last edited:
no u must have 4.If some one battle fronteirs u. U run out u are screwed.U will be locked.And i dont Like metanite.It sux.Can be beaten to easily.I would rather play Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back